Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I bought an iris recently I’ve yet to set up. What is your lipo setup?

1 Like

The v3 takes 4x AA batteries so just put energizer Lithium's in and it'll last for years. LiPo is quite unnecessary on the v3 imo.

1 Like

The v2 sucked batteries like it was going out of fashion. The dual batteries would last about 2 months so I grabbed a charger board and battery off of Fleabay and wired it in. Luckily it was easy to drop a figure 8 wire down inside the wall where I’d mounted the keypad.

2 Likes

Good idea, I PoE'd mine and it's never skipped a beat. I assumed it would just kill the batteries pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Nice mod! I've been messing with mine constantly since installing it yesterday with 4 Energiser lithium AA's and it hasn't budged from 100%.

On a slightly different topic, can I please request we all pile on and support my request that Hubitat fix their broken date format implementation?

4 Likes

Arrgh, my Aeotec garage door controller finally died last night (it had been threatening to die for a while).

So Im looking at replacing it - this time I want something that uses a proper sensor (security contact style) to detect open/close as tilt sensors suck with large single panel doors.

Anyhoo, I cam across this zConnect unit which I think may work with the HE Generic Garage Door driver (hopefully). Anyone else using one of these or something better?

EDIT: turns out there is a driver for it:

Have you considered building something like this? You'll be spending $8-10. Anyways this is what I use with my garage door and it's rock solid. I also 3d printed a little case but you can just buy a small box from Jaycar.

Im heavily invested in Z-Wave and dont mind spending ~$100 on this, I spent a lot more on the now dead Aeotec.

Plus I can easily power this from my garage door motor:
Wiring

EDIT: I couldnt find any other australian z-wave alternatives so I bought it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I use one of these for my Driveway gates, works well.

1 Like

Has anyone looked at this for generating radar gifs? GitHub - caseyfw/bom-gif: A script for generating a gif of the last hour of BOM rain radar images.

3 Likes

No, but I'd certainly be interested...

Not so well it turns out. First impressions were it's a brilliantly small unit and it seemed to work ok a few meters from my Hub .... however it goes completely offline in my Brick and metal mailbox. :cry:

I just cant get an active repeater any closer than I have already.

If you don't mind doing some surgery to your sensor a pcb antenna (easily found on ebay) to move it outside of the box (and sealing the pcb in silicone) could do the trick.

2 Likes

Good idea, are any 2.4Ghz antennas suitable?

I have a few lying around from routers.

Hi All,
I know that it is an old issue but I would appreciate any suggestion to synchronise the TTS on three Sonos speakers ( two of them purchased from Ikea and the third one is an Sonos One). In isolation all of them are working ok but I can't make them to sync. I've tried the trick of having a master speaker in Sonos app but it did not work or at the best case it work initially and after that started to split. Thank you,.

Something like this? Just coat the exposed bits with some silicone sealant.

1 Like

Hmm, they are only 4dB so I might try one of my spare 8dB Wifi antennas.

I knew I had a spare Netgear R7000 antenna lying around. The Sonoff is just a clip together unit so dead easy to modify.

I’ll finish this off after lunch.

Nice, assume you will leave all bits under cover? Let us know the results.

1 Like