Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

This will help you with that issue "If the light turns off when dimming below 60%, enter the command ledtable 0 to turn off hardware gamma correction"

1 Like

Good to know. I might install some on my deck for fun but otherwise don't need colour indoors. See what the wifey thinks anyways all she sees atm is more tech :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Legend John that worked a treat, thanks mate. :+1:

1 Like

Excellent news. Btw my name is Jason :crazy_face:

1 Like

All, I need help please, if anyone has any experience with Fibaro Dimmer 2. I have my Hubitat C7 now and just bought Fibaro Dimmer 2 with Aoetec bypass to try smart light switch.
I managed to sucessfully calibrated the light, linked to Hubitat and Google home.
But when I put the light switch back in the wall, suddenly it didn't turn on/off.
I opened the light switch again and the Fibaro Dimmer has a constant green on and it cannot go to learning mode.
I cannot hard reset this Fibaro and with this persist annoying green light on, basic function of turning light on/off is totally dead.

Does anyone has had this issue before? How do I hard reset the Fibaro Dimmer 2 so it will get rid of that green light?
I have searched everywhere and try everything but nothing seems to work.

I think there may be an issue with the C7 and Zwave. I’ve heard rumours on the forum that @bcopeland is busy troubleshooting this. I believe your issue is similar to the 2 C7 issues in this thread:

I’ve ordered one and it has just arrived.

Bought specifically for the Lutron integration. I have some Pico remotes coming from the US too to control my Hue Lights.

Mines just left LAX, hopefully won’t be long now.

What Lutron gear are you using? I thought they didn’t make gear for anything but the US market.

I’m not using any Lutron gear until it arrives!

But I ordered a Caseta Pro Bridge, 5 pico remotes and some decora wall plates.

Intention is to use this to turn my Hue lights on and off, as a proof of concept test before ordering anything else.

Both Homework’s QS and RA2 Select are available in AU and NZ. No wall switches though, they use an in line dimmer etc, and you use the Pico remote for control.

The key difference between our market and the US is that the US frequency range is slightly wider as follows:
ANZ Frequency = 433.0 MHz to 434.7 MHz
US Frequency = 431.0 MHz to 437.0 MHz

I’m in NZ and the overlap is in an amateur radio band. Hardly critical stuff, unlike US Z Wave. Besides, all the info I can find is the US default frequency is 433.6 Mhz.

The other key difference is the price. I’m circa $350 delivered for all my booty. A NZ Pico remote retails here for over $229 vs. $15 I paid for one. An in-line dimmer is $400 - that is a lot of Phillips Hue Bulbs!

I thought lutron is 120 volt so no compatible with AU? I dropped Lutron and innoveli because of the voltage

Thanks @mattias, looks similar. I was having a hard time adding Fibaro dimmer, took a couple of tries and resetting hubitat. I was so happy when it was added and I got it to work with Google since it was my first try. So sad when it just dropped and stopped working.
My main issue is with Fibaro which has that green light constantly on and I couldn’t do anything with it (enter learning mode, recalibrate, reset etc). I’m seriously hoping it didn’t break and became $110 useless junk :cry: :cry: :cry:

The bridge is 5v Micro USB from memory.

I am only using the bridge and the Pico remotes, wall mounted into decora wall plates.

Lutron do make 240v products. Check out their Europe brochure it is pretty similar to Australia.

Hahaha i have no idea why i wrote that :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks Jason :laughing:

1 Like

I don't have the Fibaro dimmer but I do have the 2.5kW switch... which was a royal PITA.

To hard reset it, you need to be 'ready' with the power and something to push the button on the device. In order to manage it, I had a mini screwdriver ready (always fun around 230V) on the 'B' button so I could plug it in and within the second, push and hold the B for 3-4 seconds. Then power cycle.

If you're hard wired in, you'll need help with the switchboard to do that.

I'm also running with the assumption that your unit will behave similar to mine. YMMV. It took me a few goes to reset it, then it included fine onto the C7 mesh.

1 Like

Is there any Smart mattress on the market available to us Aussie similar to the Eight Sleep in the states?
https://www.eightsleep.com/

Thanks @SimonS !

1 Like

Did you end up creating a thread for this? If so, can you share me the link?
Thanks

No mate. Not yet. I'm getting slammed at work, so haven't had the time. The bid I'm working on gets submitted this Friday, so hope to do it this weekend. It's not hard to start. Just wanted to ponder some ground rules for posting in the thread, so we kick off on the right foot and it doesn't get inundated with unnecessary messages.

2 Likes

Anyone having any problems with smartthings motion sensors? I've had three drop off completely over the past two days. One has always been a problem and has dropped out again after sitting next to the hub to test it but the other two have been really good for months. Batteries still report around 87% aswell.

I don't have Samsung motion sensors so I cannot comment on the device itself but I do know that the Samsung buttons are sensitive if you don't have a strong mesh. I suggest rolling out some of these IKEA repeaters. I have 5 in my house. You can also use @markus drivers here.