Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Wooo hoo, I woke up to find a shipping notification on my Phone for my C7 ... cant wait! :slight_smile:

I have a Hue Hub too which doesnt run very much anymore since going mostly all in on z-wave. The only things it manages now are our Main bedroom lamps (dimming function + backup zigbee remote is just too nice to ditch) and we have a motion sensor and Hue light in the pantry cupboard. Oh and I do have a Nue zigbee switch on my downstairs Wifi AP so I can power-cycle it easily if needed.

Hi all!

I know there have been discussions in the past on the thread about LED strips, I'm looking for a zigbee LED strip or controller which is available in Australia, and plays nice with HE.

Any recommendations?

(By the way, I haven't wired a controller before, so this is new to me :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I have a RGB zigbee controller I bought off ebay.
Here was the link for the aussie seller.

1 Like

There are 1, 3, 4 and 5 channel controllers like these. I have a couple of 5 channel ones that look similar to this 3 channel one. They were bought here in China though, so don't know where you would get those. How many channels you want/need depends on what kind of strip you will be using. I just always get the 5 channel ones so that I can change strip to whatever I may want. The total and per channel maximum Amps is also possibly something to keep in mind. There are extenders/amplifiers as well, but that is only needed for strips that exceed or come close to the rating of the controller.

I have the same one as Steve posted above and it works really good.

1 Like

Hi all
As i wait for my first HT device a c7 to arrive to replace my vera ( dhl says tomorrow )
I have a question about blinds i have done a search and scanned 2000+ posts
but does any one know if the luxaflex qmotion roller blids with HT

I can't speak for these blinds in particular, but they do mention that they have a version with Zigbee support, that version should be fairly easy to add even if none of the Generic drivers work for it. Unless someone has tested them there is no way of knowing for sure except contacting the manufacturer and asking for the Zigbee specs for their product or just getting the product and trying.

How did you get DHL shipping? I only had USPS as an option and my c7 is currently sitting in Los Angeles.

thanks i will bye one and give it a try

i don't know i thnk it came up as a option at checkout, going from the tracking mine is in sydney and it cleared customs at 15:25
i have just unpaired my last zwave switch from my vera plus

What’s the pricing like of those blinds ?

i don't know went to see them on saturday ( the bexley nsw store ) but they were closed i was going to call them tomorrow i am only after one to start with

Has anyone tried any of these?

No but if they are Zigbee then you should be able to use @markus drivers here.

Hi All, I used Tuya convert to flash a couple of these Kmart Mirabella Genio smart downlights and it worked no problems. Also the light themselves are really well made and the white colour range is decent too. Anyways figured i'd pass on the message. btw, they do have a colour model but I didn't get any as I didn't need them but I assume Tuya convert would work there too.

Did you flash those Kmart Mirabella via serial or wifi?

Wifi mate using Tuya Convert installed on the Rpi4.

1 Like

The colour ones work fine also with tuya convert I have 7 of them and haven't had any issues. I also have 4 of the kogan colour downlights and same goes for them.

1 Like

Yep the white one's are good, only problem i've had is what template to use. If i dim below 60% it goes completely off.

This will help you with that issue "If the light turns off when dimming below 60%, enter the command ledtable 0 to turn off hardware gamma correction"

1 Like