Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I’m using it standalone at the moment. I do have mi-home integration on my to do list now that I have my pi4b 4gb. I was thinking of using the integration and try to get running map on my grafana dashboard.. But rarely gets stuck, and over the past 1.5 years, we’ve figured out what not to leave on the floor.

I use Google assistant relay running on my rPi when my mode switches to away a few times a week to integrate my S5 which works great. No complaints on the vacuum from me.
I did try to set it up via mi-connector but as my vacuum was the international version it wouldn't connect to the Chinese mainland server which is needed for it to work.

1 Like

I've had an s5 for about 2.5 years. It cleans a whole level of my house every day which takes about 80 minutes. I have a 60kg Rottweiler and a long haired cat and it works beautifully every time.

My suction fan blew up about 4 months ago and i got another one from AliExpress for $19 and switched it out easily and it has worked perfectly again since

1 Like

I'm also using Grafana with hubitat. I'd be interested in what people are doing on their Grafana dashboard.

I've posted in a couple of different threads, will try and get links to them later, you can look under the show off dashboards thread and one about charting temperature readings.

Hi @Hongkey,

This post I did a little while ago provides a good overview of some of the recent things I have done with my hubitat dashboards, including use of Grafana.

There's also some links in the post to other threads where I outline how I have done some things.

Happy to help if you have any questions, and am always interested to hear about other users dashboard designs.

Simon

1 Like

Hi All
Just wondering if you know anything about this 8 ways switch by ZConnect as advertised by digital homes. If price is good then it can be a valuable device particularly for areas where you have multiple groups of lightning switches in on place. Not sure why needs a a battery. Perhaps doesn't need to have neutral and controlling 8 phase lines ( I wish) :smiley:

Thanks Simon! I like what you have done. I've got a couple of questions, but let me dig into the details, and see how I go.

1 Like

It will be interesting if Zemismart get these approved for Aus like their zigbee switches.

@at9 Which Zemismart stuff is AU approved? Is there an AU reseller for them?

These are

https://public.global-mark.com.au:8443/certificate.nsf/1/7B0FF914E856A9BECA25858A0057CF85/$file/Attachment.pdf

and

https://public.global-mark.com.au:8443/certificate.nsf/1/EAE4B0F1E074F5F5CA25858A0056A92A/$file/Attachment.pdf

This was cool. I needed a new smart plug for my Comms Rack internal fans so I used one of these rewireable plugs from Bunnings. I flashed it with TuyaConvert and wired it up very quickly. Good quality plug and safety first which is really nice too. It has a much smaller footprint than having to use a plug in-line. I didn't have much space so it was either this or a smart double powerpoint GPO but this was far easier.

4 Likes

How did you flash? OTA or wired?

OTA using TuyaConvert mate. They run a slightly older chip and definately older firmware. I'd imagine the turn over of these versus the switches would be much smaller too so likely won't see new firmware on these for a bit.

1 Like

Yeah i have one aswell and works great with TuyaConvert.

1 Like

Nice. I spotted those in Bunnings just a couple of days ago. Made a mental note to do some research on them. Do they happen to do power reporting?

No power monitoring on these ones. I noted they have released a power monitoring plug though so who knows one might come out some day.

1 Like

Que? Released power monitoring plug elsewhere? and might come out here someday?

This one so maybe it will come out in replaceable some day.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-grid-connect-smart-plug-in-socket-with-energy-meter_p0135442