Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I meant to include that. :man_facepalming:

In other news, time permitting, I plan to spin up the "Oomi" Zwave plug. Found a better manual for it than the original one, Will drop the manual in dropbox / onedrive later tonight and post the links and a review.

Anyone have suggestions for devices available in Aus to use as a wall mounted touch screen dashboard control panel?

I'm just using a 5-6 year old android tablet, using Chrome to serve up the dashboard. Have it mounted on the side of my fridge with magnetic mounts from jb. Not the cleanest setup in terms of getting power to it with a long USB cable, but does the job.

2 Likes

I use an Amazon Fire HD 8 with Fully Kiosk Browser and it's great.

EDIT: I also have it in a Makes by Mike wall mount too with PoE.

1 Like

That'd be great. My "oomi's" are sitting on my desk in the office whilst I'm at home - isolated !
Grrrr.... It's taken all the fun out of "working from home"

1 Like

mine are not behaving so I'm not sure your missing anything other than added frustration......
z-wave / oomi support thread

Same here.

Was at Ikea today and not sure if its a silent launch but they had all models of the Fyrtur Blinds instock. - I say silent as they are not listed on the ikea AU site yet.
I'd share the photos but I cant get my phone off my kid right now. 60cm model is $199, 80cm, 100cm, 120cm & 140cm.

2 Likes

Thats great news re the blinds, man.
Pity I'll have to endure a shopping experience at Ikea though. LOL

oh no. That's not what I wanted to hear !

$199 ouch but very comparable to o'seas!

:joy::joy::joy: that's cheap. If you get a quote locally for some Luxaflex / Somfy's etc you'll see.

Fair enough, but I'm a bit biased as a build it yourself guy :smiley: .

1 Like

@saxnix are you your's doing the same as mine ?
I think mine might be too far from the hub so going to move them and cold start the hub and see what I get. Also having trouble finding an accurate manual for these, found a europe one with some codes in it but we might need a "7" manual instead of a "6" manual as it looks like the "6" we have in aus is a "7" with the different plug

Edit: Looks like they are working now. posting what I did in the other thread, looks like distance and being locked

1 Like

The bugger is that you can't cut them down to size. Fine if your windows are exactly the size of the blind. Sadly, ours aren't.

If you have any airline ff points, might be a good time to use them on smart products. They may not be worth too much going forward, due CoronaVirus

1 Like

I'm not sure. The ones I have were backed in the kickstarter a couple years ago (the first ones they did). Never really used them how I wanted to as I couldn't get the light to switch off when they were in use. Wanted to use them in the bedrooms to check on power usage, but the glow was too bright. Also, I had bought 2 x TP-Link plugs which were working very well, so just put the project on the back-burner.

@saxnix I'll have a fiddle over the next few days. The manual says we can set param 84 to control the brightness using the other driver.

1 Like

Hi All, 1st post here. very new to home automation it very confusing but when something works happy days! I was interested in which smoke alarm anyone could recommend? and things I should consider while researching.

@saxnix got dimming working on the oomi after unlocking it, it doesn't follow the published manuals value wise but it can be done, updated it into the other thread

2 Likes