Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Same here mate, they've been much more reliable than the xiaomi one's.

1 Like

oh yeah. They give back in NOT lost time LOL

1 Like

Anyone know of any good Zigbee lux sensors available in Aus?

I’d like to add some lux conditions to my motion lighting rules :slight_smile:

Philips Hue Motion is a good combined unit. I don't know of a single LUX only Zigbee device

1 Like

Can you please confirm that we are talking about the same switch from A3 Smart Home?

Just looking at your photo again, and it looks like the on/off switches would be to the outside of the points, vs to the inside which mine are.

Anyone else purchased the switch from A3 Smart Home who could also take off their faceplate and take a photo and share? Reason I ask is that the store is telling me that there hasn't been a redesign??

Wow, yeah confusion reigns.
If you look at Amazon : https://www.amazon.com.au/Approved-Standard-Nue-SmartThings-Automation/dp/B07GX943VP
That page calls them NUE outlets and has switches on the OUTSIDE and lists 3A smart home in the certification.
3A smartHome page shows outlets with Switches INSIDE.
So something fishy is definitely going on.?

This is the one in the photo
https://www.amazon.com.au/Approved-Standard-Nue-SmartThings-Automation/dp/B07GX943VP
and also bought this one as well and is the same.

From memory I read on Whirlpool about them originally selling uncertified equipment and that NSW fair trade was going after them about it.
I wouldn't be surprised if you device is one of those.

1 Like

That IS interesting about fair trade. I am waiting to hear back from A3. I'll let you know what I hear.

1 Like

Yeah, that's what I have been feeling any time I have had to have the cover off and pressing the reset switch with a bamboo skewer. Also, it is partly reassuring knowing that safety switches are working properly. The sparkie tested them when he was installing.

1 Like

Just arrived :grinning:

image image image image image image image image image

4 Likes

Nice pics. Good for others to see what they look like, how much depth they will need in a wall.

1 Like

Anyone else having issues with sunset time being an hour late in AEDT timezone?

Event Details

id: 391860
Date: 2020-03-13 19:16:00.000
Name: sunsetTime
isStateChange: true
source: LOCATION
type: API
value: 2020-03-14T08:14:00.000Z

do you have your hub setup correctly on the location pages of the settings?

Nope mines spot on

In case anyone else has such a need check out a solution I came up with to get Zwave outside.

Hey all,

With winter around the corner I'm looking to replace my heating thermostat. I'm debating whether I go for something that has the smarts to automate itself (Nest, Ecobee, etc..) or try something more basic that I'd be more inclined to integrate with HE to setup scenes, automations, virtual switches and utilise remote sensors around the house. From my research the Zen thermostat zigbee edition seems to fit my criteria. So far I've found only the wifi version is sold here in Australia but it looks like the Zigbee could be shipped from the US. Anyone with experience on this?

What do others here in Aus recommend?

Yep, but it looks like its correct today, maybe it had something to do with the DST changes in the US..

Weird :man_shrugging:

JB seem to be having a "smart things" sale so the samsung gear is all at least a few dollars off for those looking to stock up.....

Also spotted this "pack" online jb google nest mini and powerpoint bundle which might not be a bad option for some and pretty sure we can flash the genio. Note: have not done this myself and still want to check the power rating on the usb plugs.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @keith_munro!

Here's the link to the Smart Home Sellout Sale. :smiley:

1 Like