Hubitat and Govee

If it is a single color just set the strip to the color and then save it in govee as a scene. You may need to do a refresh to get tbe color pulled dow. Into the device on hibitat. If it is a ic strip and you have multiple colors on the strip at one time that is only avaliable through goove's app connected through bluetooth.

Just a fyi. It appears with the new rate limits we need to be very aware of how frequently we pool for current state of the goove light devices if they are retrieveable.

I had the Home Assistant plugin running and it's default polling was every 10 seconds. With just 3 devices that was enough to kill everything for the day by early morning.

I have now set it to 120 seconds and will find out tomorrow of that leaves enough requests to let it function normally. This has been confirmed by several others in the Home Assistant forums.

Thanks. Yeah that's a bummer. I can use Wifi on my phone (with bluetooth off) to access the IC but I guess it is just stored in the controller and isn't accessible via Hubitat.

There is hope. Supposedly goove is considering a local api and has talked allot in the past about enabling more through there api. Just have to wait and see if it happens.

1 Like

Works with Glide Hexa Light Panels H6061

If Iā€™m reading correctly neither of the two drivers discussed here handle Govee fan items, right?

Unfortunately probably not. Govee for whatever reason has kept the API to only light strips and their plugs. I have asked on their forums to add other devices as well, but as of now they have not.

1 Like

Thought I would post a link to my new Integration for everyone on this thread. You can look it over at this thread.

Govee Integration for Govee Light, Switches, Plug, and now Appliances - :gear: Custom Apps and Drivers / Custom Apps - Hubitat

This is setup to streamline the install so all you need is your api key and then the rest is just clicking no more model number or, or device id's to figure out. It includes polling, and enables new devices with the Govee 2.0 api documentation.

3 Likes

How do you go about getting the Govee API?

I have immersion lighting with light bars and 2 sets of led strip linked to it via "Dreamview" or whatever they call it in app. I'd like to be able to control just on/off of everything via hubitat.

Check out this updated integration app and driver: Govee Integration for Govee Light, Switches, Plug, and now Appliances

Here is his instructions for getting the API key:
You also need to use the Govee Home app on your phone and request a Govee API Key from the help section of the app.

i assume OP means orignal poster? i used that one but it doesn't seem to be polling. is there something more i need to edit?

The one I just posted a link to, from @mavrrick58, has built in polling, I think you set it on the App.

If you are using one of the other drivers on the forum, some do not poll, you have to schedule it with RM. I highly recommend the one I just posted, here is the link again. If you have issues with it, reply on that thread for help.

Just to be clear every device in my integration defaults to a 300 second polling interval. You can set it lower on each device once integrated if you like. Just be careful as that counts against the rate limits.

The main app will calculate you a minimum interval you should set it to once you complete the integration of all of your devices.

1 Like

Is the H7135 Smart Space Heater supported? It does not show up in the App.

Thank you!

It probably should be supported. I would suggest reaching out to Govee support and ask them. I have that device's big brother and it supports the API. I have reached out to them several times and they have added a device to the API in short order.

One other item is that sometimes it takes a a little bit of time for it to show up in the API. How long ago did you add the device to your account? You may want to wait a few hours and try again or try tomorrow.

did you get this working? I also have the H7135 but no luck so far.

The problem at this point is Govee hasn't updated their documentation for over a year so it is hard to know if it should or shouldn't be supported. I have the H7131 (that devices older brother) and it definitely works through the API. If the device is enabled for the Cloud API you would see as a option when you go to select appliance devices.

If it isn't showing up there I would suggest opening up a support ticket and asking them if it will be supported in the near future. I have had several devices that where not enabled until I asked including the H7133 which was recently released.

Will the Christmas lights work using this integration?

Post any questions / issues on the currently maintained Govee integration thread, or create a new topic.

1 Like