Hubitat Alexa skill and linking problems

I have been using Alexa for many years without issues, but today my integration broke. I unlinked it and tried relinking but it failed. Even more odd is when I went to link my account with Alexa, after entering my username and password, my two hubs showed up plus a bunch or other hubs that I don't recognize. Something looks off. Anyone else seen this? Here's a screen shot of my linking attempt showing the additional random hubs. The last two are mine and are legit, the others are not.

Thought I should add that when I log into my.hubitat.com the other bogus hubs don't show up.

Tagging @support_team.

1 Like

That's very odd. Do you mind if I check your account to get to the bottom of the issue?

Not quite the same but this morning many of my devices are not responding to Alexa. The odd thing is some still do. I get the message that the device is not responding. Using the Hubitat dashboard, devices respond fine. I have disconnected devices and then added to the Alexa skill, but no luck. I would say maybe 15 of the 60+ devices I have are not functioning. No changes since yesterday when they were working. Running C5. 2.3.9.147

I've had this problem for several weeks. I'm still awaiting a reply from support who I've PM'd but still no RSVP. The issue is extremely annoying however I can confirm that since I have disabled the Alexa app in HE, I've stopped getting severe load warnings. Amazon Echo Skill- Pending Asynchronous HTTP error and severe hub load

Sure! Please help in any way possible.

I was getting those too and they stopped as well.

Probably related.

Hi, can you simplify please. I'm not a Techy so really don't understand the nuts and bolts of this thread. Can you advise a simple resolution

I’m still getting this weird bogus hub behavior and I still can’t link my Alexa account. Can someone please help.

After getting some time to work on this, I disabled and then enabled the Alexa skill and she appears to cooperate now. I am able to voice control my devices now. After almost 3 years that’s the first time that has happened.

1 Like

Made some changes to the bits responsible for account linking last night. Please let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

I still see the bogus “Miller xxx “ hubs and linking still doesn't work.

I am also having this issue. I was having unresponsive devices in Alexa, I removed the Hubitat Skill in Alexa, and and the Amazon Alexa App in Hubitat, added them both back in, and have been unable to link the Skill from the Alexa App.

Tagging @bravenel given the potential seriousness of this issue. I PM’d @gopher.ny with details. PM me if you want more. I don’t care nearly as much about reconnecting my Alexa as I do ensuring nobody else is connecting to mine.

I'm on it.

3 Likes

I was able to resolve this issue, by doing the following:
Renamed the hub
Rebooted the hub
Logged into the cloud dashboard
Removed the Amazon Alexa Skill from Hubitat App
Tried again to install Hubitat skill in Alexa Skills
From this point, I was able to get through the OAuth after selecting my hub, and seem to be back in business. I an not sure which step actually solved the issue, but I think it was probably the reboot, connect to cloud dashboard, add skill steps.

I would reboot but I can’t log in

Why aren't able to log in?

I have no idea. It usually works fine but now it just hangs and doesn’t proceed. One hub is offline and the other one is fine but still can’t log in