HSM Arm Away Operation Question

How do I set up HSM so that I can 1) start Arm Away, 2) exit the front door and 3) HSM arms?

I have set up intrusion delays thru the front door for 60-secs ... fine. But this is an Exit, not an intrusion. I want to exit the house after I have armed the system (e.g., on a keypad).

What seems to be happening is:

1. HSM Arm
  2. Front door opens so I can exit
  3. Front door closes
  4. HSM throws an arming fail due to front door opening
  5. HSM doesn't arm

What I want to happening is:

1. HSM Arm
  2. Front door opens so I can exit
  3. Front door closes
  4. HSM arms

What can I do to get this to work? Or is this not how it is intended to work (e.g., must wait until after exit to arm?)

Choose your front door under the "Open/close sensors (auto-bypass when arming)" category under the Intrusion-Away section.

It's not in the "Configure Arming/Disarming/Cancel Options" section.

Ha ... missed it. :frowning_face: Thanks very much for the super fast response ... :grinning: :clap:

I thought that setting was for disabling bad/open inputs so that the system could still be armed with them bad. See follow-up question below.

Maybe a modification to title would help?
Open/close sensors (auto-bypass temporarily when arming)" category

As a follow-up question, how do I bypass bad inputs while arming ... let's say a zone goes bad, but I still want to arm the "rest of the system" ... because I am on vacation and can't fix it. Do I need to change the contact settings in HSM Intrusion-Away ... or is there another way?

Most everything you'd want/need is found in Nyckelharpa App. Do yourself a favor and try it out

Thanks. I just recently tripped across that ...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.