HPM failed to update webcore

Hi, I am getting this message all the time when I tried to update webcore with HPM. Is there anything I can do to stop webcore while it's been migrated? I did reboot the hub before but it makes not difference. is there any procedure to update?
Thank you

Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/smartapps/ady624/webcore-piston.src/webcore-piston.groovy. Be sure the package is not in use with devices.

You can manually update; there are problems with this large app and HPM right now that can probably find many posts about with a search.

To do so, follow the instructions under "Installation and Updating" here:

Thank you for the confirmation, I did copy/paste the code from the link to HE and save.
After reboot the HPM is still showing that an update is availabe. what Do I need to update HPM? Matchup?

HPM only knows about what it does; if you update the code yourself, it doesn't know what is currently installed. You can ignore the message in HPM (probably easiest). Alternatively, I know doing a match up (you'd probably have to un-match) presents the option of assuming what's currently installed is the latest, but I'm not sure if there's a way to make it do so without doing that process.

Thank you . I have used webcore on HE way before it was a built in app. Do you think that is better to migrate it to the built in app or this problem with HPM eventually will be fixed ?
Thank you

HPM can't do much about the problem on its own; it seems to be a sort of a maximum timeout issue with the HTTP methods it is able to use (which is mostly a problem because webCoRE is so large and takes so long to save). I assume some way to address the problem will eventually be discovered, but I haven't seen anything about it lately.

Migrating to the built-in app is certainly one way to avoid this problem.

1 Like