How to transition to the new Hubitat Mobile App

Well that was easy... for me at leat.

3 Likes

I hope all of the bugs get worked out of the new app before the old one is pulled from the app stores.

I can't get my dashboards to display in the new app, when I'm away from home and not connected to my local network. All I ever get is a "Webpage not available" error with the local IP address URL of my hub, followed by "net:ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE".

The old app displays both old and EZ dashboards without any problems when I'm out of the house.

1 Like

Please be sure to create a post under your app's subcategory (if you didn't already) that includes app version, build number (these can be found in the mobile app under More tab >> App Settings) as well as hub platform version (this can be found in your hub's web interface under Settings page >> Hub Details) and the version of your operating system. Currently we are not aware of any issues running the latest public releases available.

For feedback on iOS app, see this category: iOS App - Hubitat

For feedback on Android app, see this category: Android App - Hubitat

4 posts were split to a new topic: [FEEDBACK] App crashing constantly

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: No cloud dashboards

A post was split to a new topic: [FEEDBACK] Can't get passed Remote Admin screen

A post was split to a new topic: [FEEDBACK] Hub Connection failed

Just switched over to the new app on my iPhone and 2 iPads. Seems the dashboard area on the iPad is now smaller due to the fat green Dashboard title bar. So I need to resize all by icons to fit again... kind of annoying.

Also, it seems the green check mark / read exclamation point problem persists. Red exclamation point appears within an hour. No correlation between the dashboard being stale and this symbol.

I have waited for the 4th to try to transition to the new iPhone app so I could take the time to do whatever needs to be done. I have both the old app and the TestFlight beta. When I go into the old app and click on the button to get the new one it takes me to the App Store where it says I have the TestFlight Version 2.0.1. Do I need to sign out of the TestFlight and then delete that first?

Do ALL your devices appear in each room on your new Mobile app? My rooms are listed correctly but certain devices are missing and I double checked that I placed each device in a specific room. Really strange. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. The devices that do APPEAR and are checked off, do show up on the main screen but I'd like to add more to the main screen like water sensors that don't appear in my rooms.

You can only have either the beta app from TestFlight or the production app from the App Store installed at the same time. So the main thing you'd need to do is uninstall the beta Hubitat Elevation app on your phone before installing the one from the App Store, assuming you have it now (this being same way as any, e.g., press and hold until you get an "X"). However, if you don't want to use the betas anymore, you'll also want to go into TestFlight, select the Hubitat Elevation app, then select "Stop Testing," otherwise you'll keep getting notified about new builds.

No, not every device will currently show up in here, only ones that are "compatible" with this tab in the mobile app, generally ones that can be controlled in some way. (This might change in the future, but this is still a bigger list than was in the 1.x app.) Think switches, dimmers, bulbs, thermostats, window shades, etc. See: Mobile App | Hubitat Documentation

However, you can create an Easy Dashboard or Hubitat Dashboard, which will show up under Dashboards and allow you to choose the exact devices you want and how you want them to display (Easy Dashboard supports most but Hubitat Dashboard supports literally anything).

1 Like

Please do not remove the old app. the new app is not working.

Any amount of specific details you can share would be helpful for figuring out why the new app is not working for you.

1 Like

I deleted the TestFlight app and went into the classic one. I then pushed the button to get the new app. It installed, but the old one is still on my phone. Should I now delete the old one?

BTW, with the new app I now have the navigation button on my iPhone. I went into one dashboard and then used the navigation buttons to go to another dashboard. But when I tried to use the "last" arrow to go back to that first dashboard I get an error message that says in blue Reconnecting but under that it says: Hub connection failed, trying to reconnect..." for a bit and then it just quits.

I'm not sure why you deleted TestFlight. That was not part of the steps above. You will need to follow those steps to remove the beta/TestFlight version of the app and install the App Store version (and and this point you'll also need to either reinstall TestFlight if you want to perform the technically optional "Stop Testing" step or do the same on another device; it's tied your Apple Account, not a specific device).

1 Like

I deleted the TestFlight app because when I pushed the update button in the prior app it said TestFlight was installed and then I saw this post:

I went back to the top of this thread and this is all I’m seeing:

HOW DO YOU TRANSITION FROM CURRENT MOBILE APP TO THE NEW HUBITAT MOBILE APP?

Using the new Hubitat Mobile App is easy. First, install the new Hubitat Elevation app from the Apple's App Store or Google Play Store:

Once the installation is complete, open the application and follow these steps:

1. Log in using your Hubitat account.
  2. Select your hub.
  3. Existing Hubitat Mobile app users: select your EXISTING MOBILE DEVICE; New Hubitat Mobile app users: select Create a New Device.

The only thing I saw about TestFlight was something about presence, which I don’t use.

Please point me to the instructions I’ve missed

These instructions are for those who didn't sign up for the beta prior to public release. You don't need to delete the TestFlight, also, you don't need to sign out of the beta updates that are delivered through the TestFlight. However, if you want to go back to the public version, you need to first withdraw from the beta. To do so, you must select "Stop Testing" as @bertabcd1234 suggested.

1 Like

To be clear, maybe we're talking about different things. You should not delete the literal Apple TestFlight app itself unless you want to and you are done with all the steps (though it won't hurt anything to keep). But can only have one version of the Hubitat Elevation app installed, so (assuming you have it installed) you do need to delete the TestFlight version of the Hubitat Elevation app before installing the App Store version (or at least that was my experience).

I think you can just go to the App Store and install the release version over the beta. Of course Test Flight may prompt you to re-install the beta if you don’t unenroll.

Casual Googling suggests you're supposed to be able to do that. But I'm not sure why it didn't work for me. (Though I suppose it's a safe choice regardless and will eliminate any confusion about which app is which!)