How to pair Sinope SP2600ZB?

Hi, I'm having an issue with getting a sinope smart plug to pair with HE, which seems strange since everyone else with the same plug seems to be able to set it up no problem.

It tells me to set Hubitat into zigbee pairing mode and then to push the on off button on the plug once, and to reset/ try again if it doesn't work. Well, I've lost count of how many times I've tried that, but all it does is toggle the switch on/off, no blinking or anything else to indicate it is in pairing mode and as far as HE is concerned it might as well not exist.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Maybe you need to reset the plug . To reset the plug. Press and Hold the on/off button for about 6 seconds.

Done that a bunch of times to no avail, unfortunately. Am I supposed to try pairing while the reset lights are still flashing or something? That only lasts for like 10 seconds.

Flashing light means it's waiting to pair. Solid green is when it's paired.
Give the hub a reboot and give it another go. Bring the switch close to the hub for pairing as well just incase there's interference.

Here's the link to the manual.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sinopetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/SP2600ZB-Smart-Plug-Installation-Guide-Sinope-D.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjnz9bl0tTzAhU5IDQIHZ5LAikQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2Ecv0fulz133SF-cL677li

There's 2 lights, one for on/off status on top, and the connection status light below that. When I reset the device the bottom light flashes for 10 seconds and then when I push the button once to pair as per my manual/the one you linked it just turns on or off respectively and nothing else.

It seems like the instructions are written strangely for how it actually works. I finally got it to work by starting the Hubitat search process and THEN resetting the plug by holding the button after, NOT by pushing the button a single time like they say.

Anyway, that issue has been resolved, thanks for the help! I'm still new to Hubitat (if that wasn't painfully obvious) so maybe you have some ideas on how to properly implement it for my Washing Machine Done automations? Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

Glad you got it working.

I use this community apps

How would I go about adding that or other community made code to my own system? Also in this example would I need a power monitor for my dryer as well? I have an electric dryer with 3 or 4 prongs so I don't think that would work in my case. Can the dryer part be edited out easily?

The easiest way to add the latest community apps is by using HPM (Hubitat Package Manager). You will find most custom apps on there with the latest release.
As for the dryer. You can just leave it blank.

Post #660 is the instructions to install the HPM code into Hubitat hub.

These aren't the cheapest outlets. The pairing and STAYING paired even after unplugging and re-plugging shouldn't be this temperamental. I have had other devices that have taken some time/steps (i.e. turning around 3 times while jumping on one foot) and once done IT STICKS no matter what...this one isn't proving the same.

I guess getting one of these and having an initial negative experience has given me time to ponder how much sense it makes to be buying something that is ZA 1.2 (10 yrs old) now that 2023 is upon us!

Maybe the Generic Zigbee driver isn't optimal either since the power and state of the switch is not updating w/o "refresh" in this latest go-around of pairing & configuring.

ALSO - Never EVER seen this "ZigBee network is offline." before. Now I am running some Xmas lighting (flashing devices) tonight while I am trying to get this outlet to work...but....I have never seen this come up before. Oddly I paired the device and got it working, then took it to the Utility Room and plugged the washer into it. Got a 0W Power reading out of it, then turned the washer on to ready mode and got 2W. Then pushed the button to run the washer and watched the device click off and become unreachable. Reading some other things about the ZigBee network going offline has me wondering!!!

This is irrelevant. There are no performance differences between a zha 1.2 device and a zigbee 3.0 device...

Lack of reporting is a mesh issue...

Zigbee network going off line is not helping...

Got it, thanks.

What's this telling me that I can SAVE this driver, do the Configure, come back and refresh the page an it still shows a RED text "Type*"