UPDATED: July, 2022
- Works for HPM 1.8.x and Hubitat 2.3.1.x.
- Need more info? Go to the newly revamped webiste.
- Select and copy this url: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/hubitatpackagemanager/main/apps/Package_Manager.groovy
- Connect to your hub
- In the Hubitat Menu (left pane), if you don't see "Apps Code" then click the arrows to the right of the word "Advanced"
- Click "Apps Code"
- Click the "New App" button (upper right)
- Click the "Import" button (top of page)
- In the popup, click anywhere on the text "Insert URL to Import Text into Code Editor"
- Paste the URL copied in Step 1 and click the Import button
- If you get this popup, "Are you sure you want to override the code you have in the editor?" then click OK
- Click the Save button (top of page)
- Click the hamburger bar (3 dashes, top left) to bring up the Hubitat Menu
- Click "Apps Code" and Hubitat Package Manager should now be in the list
- In the Hubitat Menu, click "Apps"
- Click the "Add User App" button (upper right)
- Click on Hubitat Package Manager in the popup to bring up the app configuration window
- If you have hub security enabled, click the toggle and enter your username and password
- Click the Done button and Hubitat Package Manager should now be in your Apps list
- Click on Hubitat Package Manager to use it (installation for other apps is complete at this step)
- Click the Next button and Hubitat Package Manager will scan your installed apps and drivers to find matches
- Select all apps and drivers (recommended) and follow the instructions to complete the installation
- [Optional but Highly Recommended] Click "Apps", then click Hubitat Package Manager and scroll to bottom, then click the PayPal button even if you can only give $1. Same goes for all the apps and driver developers here -- they deserve our tangible appreciation for their efforts!
Note: Hubitat Package Manager is often abbreviated as "HPM" in these forums.
For any other user app, substituting its URL in Step 1 and its name for "Hubitat Package Manager" should generally work. One known caveat: at Steps 15 and 19, other apps may have no configuration window or may have several of them. See specific instructions for that app.
Distilled and updated from Dummies guide to install Hubitat package manager.