Distilled from Dummies guide to install Hubitat package manager and updated for latest version of HPM (1.8.2) and Hubitat (188.8.131.52).
- Select and copy this url: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dcmeglio/hubitat-packagemanager/master/apps/Package_Manager.groovy
- Connect to your hub
- In the Hubitat Menu (left pane), if you don't see "Apps Code" then click the arrows to the right of the word "Advanced"
- Click "Apps Code"
- Click the "New App" button (upper right)
- Click the "Import" button (top of page)
- In the popup, click anywhere on the text "Insert URL to Import Text into Code Editor"
- Paste the URL copied in Step 1 and click the Import button
- If you get this popup, "Are you sure you want to override the code you have in the editor?" then click OK
- Click the Save button (top of page)
- Click the hamburger bar (3 dashes, top left) to bring up the Hubitat Menu
- Click "Apps Code" and Hubitat Package Manager should now be in the list
- In the Hubitat Menu, click "Apps"
- Click the "Add User App" button (upper right)
- Click on Hubitat Package Manager in the popup to bring up the app configuration window
- If you have hub security enabled, click the toggle and enter your username and password
- Click the Done button and Hubitat Package Manager should now be in your Apps list
- Click on Hubitat Package Manager to use it (installation for other apps is complete at this step)
- Click the Next button and Hubitat Package Manager will scan your installed apps and drivers to find matches
- Select all apps and drivers (recommended) and follow the instructions to complete the installation
- [Optional but Highly Recommended] Click "Apps", then click Hubitat Package Manager and scroll to bottom, then click the PayPal button even if you can only give $1. Same goes for all the apps and driver developers here -- they deserve our tangible appreciation for their efforts!
Note: Hubitat Package Manager is often abbreviated as "HPM" in these forums.
For any other user app, substituting its URL in Step 1 and its name for "Hubitat Package Manager" should generally work. One known caveat: at Steps 15 and 19, other apps may have no configuration window or may have several of them. See specific instructions for that app.