How can I prepare the hub for a new owner?

I am hoping that someone in the community can answer this for me since it has been a day and I have not received a response from support. I am in the process of selling my house and will leave the devices and HE for the new owner, but I want support to do a factory reset just before I leave. I want to know how far in advance of my departure I need to contact support@hubitat.com to get the reset done.
Yes I have read posts about creating a guest or house email but I think the easiest thing for the new owner is to start from the beginning. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out. The timing depends on you. Luckily, you don't need to contact support to prepare the hub for the new owners.

Please follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings and select Z-Wave Details, then reset the radio by typing the word "reset" in the "Reset Z-Wave Radio" box.
  2. Go to Settings and select Zigbee Details then reset the radio by typing the word "reset" in the "Reset Zigbee Radio" box.
  3. Perform a Soft Reset without restoring a backup by following instructions in this document
  4. Log into my.hubitat.com and click Deregister Hub (see this post for more details).

Hope this helps

6 Likes

Hey, thank! Clear except for one thing: Step 4. Step 2 & 3 on the Zigbee Details page of what?

1 Like

Go to settings>>zigbee details and reset zigbee radio

2 Likes

Got it, thanks!!!

Thanks, I added the Zigbee Details steps.

This topic has been marked solved by the community and subsequently closed.