How can I prepare the hub for a new owner?

I am hoping that someone in the community can answer this for me since it has been a day and I have not received a response from support. I am in the process of selling my house and will leave the devices and HE for the new owner, but I want support to do a factory reset just before I leave. I want to know how far in advance of my departure I need to contact support@hubitat.com to get the reset done.
Yes I have read posts about creating a guest or house email but I think the easiest thing for the new owner is to start from the beginning. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out. The timing depends on you. Luckily, you don't need to contact support to prepare the hub for the new owners.

Please follow these steps:

1. Perform a Soft Reset without restoring a backup by following instructions in this document
  2. Once the hub comes back online, following the reset, go to Settings and select Z-Wave Details
  3. In the "Reset Z-Wave Radio" section type the word "reset" in the text box, then click Reset.
  4. Go back to Settings and select Zigbee Details
  5. In the "Reset Zigbee Radio" section type the word "reset" in the text box, then click Reset.
  6. Log into my.hubitat.com and click Deregister Hub (see this post for more details).

Hope this helps

6 Likes

Hey, thank! Clear except for one thing: Step 4. Step 2 & 3 on the Zigbee Details page of what?

1 Like

Go to settings>>zigbee details and reset zigbee radio

2 Likes

Got it, thanks!!!

Thanks, I added the Zigbee Details steps.

This topic has been marked solved by the community and subsequently closed.

Download the Hubitat app