HousePanel Dashboard App for Hubitat

Installed (Hubitat only), the rooms & tabs do not populate, there is just a grey line where the actual panels should be, and then the row of buttons under that (options, refresh, refactor etc).

When I click options, a similar thing happens with the "Thing Name" table, just a thin line, no table.

(I do have some switches, contact sensors, and temperature sensors enabled in the app)
Tried in Chrome & MS Edge, same behavior.

Thanks for trying it out. Try clicking the All button on the options page to see if they show up. Also did you try to import a legacy file? Finally, try doing a Refresh to see if that helps. I will try a Hubitat only install tonight to see if mine works.

Clicking the all button made devices populate on the options page (devices only, no rooms/tabs).
I saved that then went back to the main dash, which was unchanged (grey line).
On a whim, I clicked the refresh button (of the Panel, not the whole browser) ... and the panel populated with rooms.
Revisiting Options now shows the full grid, devices/Rooms, with checkboxes.

New issue, after getting it working Chrome, I went and opened it in Edge, and it is behaving as a new install, I get the auth/setup page.

Timezone saving is also still having problems for me, it ignores the setting i give it on the initial authorization, appears to take effect on subsequent re-authorization, but then reverts to GMT after several browser refreshes or opening it on a new browser tab.

This is the expected behavior because the new storage method is browser specific. This has plus and minus sides. The plus side is you can have different configs with different browsers and it is more secure. The downside is setups can't be easily shared between browsers. I have a draft way to expore config files so you can import settings across browsers. I will also add an option to use the old file method which is browser agnostic but has the file permissions problem. I decided to bring this back as an option since many people have this happily working.

Sounds like a bug that I need to fix. Stay tuned. Thanks again for testing this out.

1 Like

Hi folks, I am cross posting here from the SmartThings forum the latest update to HousePanel.. Enjoy and let me know if you have any problems .

3 Likes

Awesome ken.

Will give it a go today. My smartthings hub as been completely retired so will be hubitat only.

Fresh install, rooms and devices populate as expect so that's very nice (and fast responses when using, sweet).

only issue remaining for me at presesnt is the timezone always reverting to UTC. Re-Auth corrects it, but clicking to the Options or Show Info pages will make it revert to UTC (even if I cancel at the options screen, no changes).

@kewashi ... your install doesn't behave this way? I'm not quite clear on whether the issue is reproducable in other folks' environments.

@kewashi

Hi ken,
Great job on all the improvements.
Few requests here if possible.
Can the code be updated to support Hubitat Rule Machine rules? Music Players? Webcore pistons?

Having an issue with the tile editor. It is not showing on top of all the tiles. Some display behind some display on top.

I also cannot figure out how to add custom image to tile backgrounds.

Yes - all of this is possible. Just time and resources. I'm an army of one so these enhancements will come slow unless someone can convince the hubitat dev community to start chiming in.

This weird and shouldn't happen. try doing a refactor to see if that solves the problem.

Looks like you have the old code that doesn't have the button to select the whole tile. Make sure you grab the CSS file in the skin too. Once you have that code you should see a button beneath the wysiwyg tile that syas "whole tile" you can click to select the whole tile. If there are colors set for the icons you will need to set the transparency of those colors to close to zero. I wondered whether I should remove the icon colors if a whole tile color is being set. I can argue it both ways. At present I leave it as is so you have to change the color of the icons manually to be transparent so the background color will show through.

Hey Marty - in a nutshell no, mine doesn't behave this way, but then again I am on the default eastern time zone so I probably wouldn't notice. Let me do some testing and get back with you.

Understandable Ken, Hubitat community is still pretty small. There are only a handful of devs / people who actively post here. And of course everyone has there own priorities. I hope to see Hubitat start gaining steam soon.

I would be curious to know how many Hubitat hubs are in the wild.

As to my errors i will try a fresh install again on my days off. I did a "dirty" upgrade and may have missed something.

As always many thanks Ken.

Same here .... only re-auth does not correct mine. I am in Mountain Time so the time shown is six hours ahead.

I also am in Eastern time, had jumped to the conclusion Detroit was Central ... oops. :flushed: I could try a new install with no edits to timezone and see what happens ... although even if that were good enough for me, it wouldn't help @Matthew any I guess.

I'm going to fire up an RPi and reinstall using the typical methods others have had luck with, just so I can see it working and demonstrate to myself that it definitely is something about my particular (Windows) environment creating trouble. Permissions are tempting to suspect, but the Apache service is running as System (Windows version of root, pretty much), so idk that it's going to be that straightforward.

Working 100% with rPi setup. Didn't even have to do any configuration, EVERYTHING auto-detected as far as Hubitat infos (token, IP, app ID etc).

Zero timezone issues. For giggles i even manually set it to america/chicago ... and it correctly rolled over to central time. Changed it back to america/new_york and that took effect immediately & permanently also.

Unable to reproduce the timezone issue in this install scenario. So something's funky with my windows install ... or with windows installs altogether, but since I seem to be the only one attempting that scenario I guess I'm abandoning it and now have an rPi in my prod env. :slight_smile:

WooHoo man... glad you got it going on the rPi. I found and fixed a few minor bugs including some timezone stuff that will make this even more robust. I am clueless why Windows doesn't work. I think I am going to have to do a Windows install so I can reproduce the problem and fix it. This will be a low priority among many other things to fix and update.

I haven't posted it yet but over the weekend I also fixed a number of nasty bugs in the TIleEditor that will make it far more usable. This app has grown so much and has gotten so complex -- I need a team of developers!!! I know, I'm whining... seriously though, I will be making a big push soon to implement a number of fixes and any help is appreciated.

My wife is encouraging me to figure out a way to monetize what I have created. I know she is right but I am resisting it for now. I will start slow with a PayPal donate button somewhere in the app ... probably on the Auth and Options pages. I will never put banner ads in this app so don't panic.

I have been doing some reading about the new SmartThings app and it appears they are moving away from groovy for server apps. This means I will have to rewrite HP at some point. It will be interesting to see how Hubitat responds to this shift.

1 Like

Yea... i am curious about that too. There was an old thread where people were posting their hub numbers ... by the way, I'm hub #3 which someday might be an interesting artifact.

As for your install, please redo that and try again. I have a tileeditor update coming later tonight so I would wait a few hours.

Update with timezone and tile editor enhancements has been posted to the master branch.

1 Like

Updated, working well. Curious what the enhancements were.

side note, I have not played with the forecast tile yet (like, ever), but I see today the content has changed, seems to be current conditions, rather than multi-day forecast?

Yea - the service I was hooking into previously appears to have gone belly up. This version is a quick hack to show content from Accuweather. I need more time to find a robust permanent solution.

Several sT users are stumped with gettingdevices loaded. I am also stumped. Glad to see someone is having success besides me.

1 Like

I checked and the old service is now working again so I reverted back to it since I think it looks nicer. Both versions will be in the next release as different frames.

1 Like