HousePanel Dashboard App for Hubitat

Okay - bug fixed. The new version has this fixed and it now posted in the Master thread of HP so no need to grab the editpage branch.

Thanks all for your patience.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Bug fixed so grab the latest master branch and it should work.

wow - nice work. I will give the updated build a shot later today and report back.

For me, it appeared to work ... but if i refreshed a few times or closed the tab and reopened it, the time was back to GMT again.

This may be an issue with my install (again I'm suspicious of the fact I'm running on Windows) ... this behavior of seeming to not save settings permanently is very similar to the next issue I was going to mention. In the options page, if I customize which switches are enabled in which rooms that also does not save. If I close/reopen or go back and forth a few times, it reverts, the kitchen and living room both have pretty much every box checked.

Suspecting permissions probs I gave the local "Everyone" group "Full Control" permissions to C:\Apache24\htdocs\housepanel ... but to no avail, not sure what else to do from there.

I updated my RPi and mine is at GMT too. When I click on the Re-Auth button I get a HTTP 500 error? Everything else seems fine.

All up and running!

How do I change the skin location? I click Edit and then see the current folder name, but this always reverts when I change this..

Cheers

This is a common issue that is easily solved. Your hmoptions file needs to have permissions changed to world read/write. On Windows it is done in the explorer with security settings. Chmod 777 in Linux or rPi.

I think the hmoptions permissions is also causing this behavior. See prior post. If that doesn’t fix it let me know.

As I mentioned, I did give Everyone Full Control permissions, including the hmoptions.cfg file.

Bizarrely, when I first loaded up HP this morning the clock was correct again, once ... I then went into options to tinker with the switches & rooms problem, and after saving and returning to the Kitchen tab, the clock had reverted to GMT.
Also my switches & rooms edits from the options page did not take effect.
Also also, it seems like only the first switch (that exists in the system, eg, on the Options page list of devices) ever shows up on any page, in the case of the kitchen it shows twice, apparently nothing I do will make this change.

I guess it does all seem like issues saving, except that the time was right this morning, so something saved, but on subsquent reads is ignored? so weird.

Edit: just remembering a lesson from webcore ... in apache, does the rewrite_module need to be enabled? Just wondering if there's something outside of the htdocs dir that might be off.

I did some testing last night and it appears that I broke the Options function such that it no longer saves, so the problem isn’t you ... it’s me and the side effect of hobby coding.

Until I fix this bug you can edit any page by using the Edit feature and drag / drop things visually. This still works. Be sure to hit Operate when done.

ahh, no worries then, will give your workaround method a shot. :+1:

doh, using the visual edit function is not working for me either. It acts like it's working - I can get the page all set up nicely, but then when I click back over to Operate mode, it just reverts back to having two copies of the first switch in the system.

For me, this is not a production system ... I'm just trying all locally processed alternatives to ActionTiles ... so I can wait for further updates no problem, your efforts are appreciated!

Thanks Man. It sounds like you can’t save to hmoptions. I am investigating a replacement approach to using a local file since that isn’t very secure anyway. I think the HTML5 feature for doing localStorage is the ticket to nirvana here. I’m still studying it but it looks promising. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Until I fix this bug you can do a workaround by manually editing the hmoptions.cfg file. Look for “skin” and edit the name after that keeping all curly brackets intact.

Sounds good. I think you will enjoy the next update. I’m getting rid of hmoptions.cfg altogether and al other file writing elements. Modern browsers all support local storage alternatives to Cookies so this is in progress. I considered using cookies for everything but the options typically exceed the recommended max size of al cookies in a domain. This is a major rewrite so I appreciate the patience of all users. I’m about 80% through it and then the fun testing and validation phase begins. Let me know if anyone is willing to be a beta tester. I will be particularly interested in users who use oddball browsers. I currently use and can test: chrome, ie, edge, fully kiosk, Amazon silk.

1 Like

@kewashi

As always I'm willing to test. Only browsers I use regularly that's not in your list is Samsung internet. I have dolphin installed on a tablet as well.

I'm willing to help test.
Again, Windows-Apache environment, in case that is of concern.
(RPi is cool and all, but I would rather minimize the number of physical devices i have)

Thanks guys- and @martybird I totally understand. It will be good to have this configuration tested anyway. I’m getting close - just finishing up some fancy footwork to push data from PHP to JavaScript so I can use the localStorage function. Oddly enough there isn’t any easy way to do this dynamically other than using cookies or hidden fields in forms.

Folks. I'm cross-posting here the latest draft update to HousePanel representing a major rewrite that removes the requirement of files to save options. Everything is explained in the post on the SmartThings site referenced below. Would appreciate any feedback as always from the community.

3 Likes

I'll give it a shot this morning!