HousePanel Dashboard App for Hubitat

I found and fixed a major problem with the ST authentication flow in HousePanel. Cross posting the fix I posted on the ST forum here. This should not have impacted the Hubitat auth process, but I'm posting it here anyway for completeness sake.

1 Like

Many updates to the TileEditor. You can now style entire tile backgrounds, hide elements, pick hidden ones, and more.

1 Like

Cross posting latest update and screen shot

I haven't had a chance to update in a while. Have you got a link to donate? I would happily invest for continued hubitat enhancements. (No more ST hub here).

Thanks Chris ... not yet, but that's next on my "to do" list. Appreciate your support!!!

The latest update includes custom tiles... really slick. And of course I fixed that nasty bug that was messing up a bunch of ST users. I am still pretty tied into ST.. I just have too many devices to consider switching over my whole system (well over 100).

[EDIT] Added it tonight and it is now posted. The donate button is on the Show Info page

[RELEASE] HousePanel 1.75

Finally I have implemented the ability to edit page names, remove pages, and add pages from the GUI without editing the hmoptions.cfg file manually. With this version little dots show up on the tabs to edit or remove the page when in Edit mode. If you click the green dot you will be able to change the name of the page. If you click the red dot you can remove the page after confirming that you really want to do that. All tiles will be removed from any removed pages. They will still be in your configuration but they won't show on that page since that page will be gone. Page reordering is still available as before in Reorder mode. I found and fixed a bug that would cause custom tile names to be wiped out when reordering tiles. This will be the last update for awhile because I'm heading out on vacation for a week. I hope it is fairly robust.

1 Like

HousePanel branding and hosting change

Today I am notifying users that I am changing the github repository and branding of HousePanel. The OpenDash experiment was not as successful as I had hoped so starting today HousePanel will be branded solely as HousePanel. The new github location is:

The documentation is also moving to the website associated with this github at:

https://kewashi.github.io/HousePanel

Additional information will be forthcoming soon. The code will be cross posted for awhile in both places but you should switch over as soon as possible.

1 Like

Bookmarked - thanks

I feel that this version is finally stable so I will be declaring it the first non-beta production release with the next update. The next update will most include documentation updates, removal of beta debug distractions, misc cleanup, and a branding change to complete the breakaway from OpenDash. The tile editor still has a known bug where initial element widths and heights are not captured. I will fix this too. Finally, I will bundle a known minified jQuery in the next source to make it easy to keep everything local.

The next major update under development will include multiple hub support and proper OAUTH flows for Hubitat, but that will come after the first production release.

This note is to ask the user community for any feedback ASAP of anything you have seen that you think needs fixing or updating. Even little things like finding a typo in an output string will be appreciated. I think the default icons need a little work but I have no patience for doing this type of stuff so if anyone has an artistic flair and would like to help, I will cheerfully accept it.

Hey Ken, I cannot seem to get this option working.

Did you update the CSS file too? Do the dots show up? Does a JavaScript error show in the console?

So to be sure I just downloaded a fresh copy from github. Overwrote everything. Backed up my hmoptions.cfg file and deleted from housepanel directory.

I do not see the 3 dots. No errors in the console.

On a side note - the weather looks nice there...

AAANND a hard reset it is working now - once again it's me not you.

Glad it is working now. I just did a fresh install and it worked so I couldn’t replicate the error, so glad it is working. Your old CSS file was probably cached so the new one didn’t take effect. I should fix this by adding a date and time to the CSS load reference. So it was partially a bug of sorts.

1 Like

Just learned a new trick - to add ?v=hash where hash is a hash of the file. This forces the browser to load the file if it has changed. Pretty spiffy. Will be in the maintenance release later this week.

Opening post updated to fix broken repo link and to update description of how to get things started.

@kewashi
Just returning to this with the intent to start setting it up finally. Do you have a link to the HousePanel Wiki for setup instructions? The one below is broken.

Use House Panel Wiki

Or the page at github.com/kewashi/HousePanel

Just click on wiki tab

Same content

1 Like

LOL. My stupid question for the day!

The io page looks prettier but same content

1 Like

Thanks Ken!