Homekit works great but is missing one app & two key devices (Zwave lock & MyQ Garage door)

Actually after looking at this, It will not allow me to choose my physical Garage Door Opener that is under my devices. I tested the MYQ under Devices and it will control the open and close of the Garage Door.

However, the moment i attempt to create a virtual switch, my MYQ Opener is not available in the drop down menu of HE.

I would rename virtual switch something like Garage-VSwitch. Run the rule action and see if it works.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I gave it a try and similar to the last screenshot, I have 3 Options. The Name of the Virtual Switch has changed but for the action, it only gives me the same 3 options. It is really strange.

Do it in Rule Machine

1 Like

Just got it to work :), Thanks for all of the advice. I didn't need to use Rule Machine, it worked well with Basic Rules. In the event anyone runs into this issue, you need to change the Device Type to MYQ Garage Door Opener.

When imported it will auto default to MYQ Garage Door OpenerNo Sensor. Once i changed that, it became visible in Basic Rules.

Thanks again for your time! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now expose that virtual switch to homekit

1 Like

I am trying to expose the main button only, the one which is electrically wired in if you will and controls a light in that room

The most recent update since this posting. They now allow garage door and lock to be exposed on Homekit. No need to use virtual switches and you can have those pretty lcok and garage door icons on your Homekit app :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

However, you are still limited to one instance of Homekit so you can only add 150 devices.

1 Like

And a great reason to buy another hubitat!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I use my old C5 just for that reason. Not for the number of devices, but to create a second home instance in Homekit for others that I don't want to have full access.

1 Like

So the only reason for Homebridge now is HSM, right?

1 Like

If you're using android you can look at HD+

HSM? what is it?

1 Like

Hubitat Safety Monitor

1 Like

We’ve been told that eventually there will probably be two HomeKit integrations.

The one certified by Apple will continue to have the same restrictions as the beta version of the integration. To a user of the Apple home app, it will appear as a certified bridge.

A non-certified version of the integration will continue to exist, and apparently won’t have those limitations. But the HomeKit bridge device created in the Apple home app will be reported as an uncertified device.

1 Like