Homekit works great but is missing one app & two key devices (Zwave lock & MyQ Garage door)

How about presence? Does it now work? I am still using homebridge with MakerAPI. What about Nest Protects?

I haven’t really tried out the HomeKit integration yet since I’m happy with how homebridge has been working for me since before the native integration was released as a beta feature.

But I would think it depends on what you’re using as a presence sensor.

How are you currently using maker API and the Home app for presence sensing?

Hmmm… I don’t think so.

I have virtual switches and virtual presence sensors that interface between HomeKit and hubitat. When my wife or I arrive or leave it triggers those switches which run a few rules on my hubitat hub. Locking or unlocking locks, turning on or off lighting based on time of day, etc.

The nest protects interface via virtual switches that when triggered for smoke or co2 run rules that change the state of my HVAC and lighting throughout the house.

We use our iPhones as our presence devices with geolocation via HomeKit. AppleTV 4K is used as our HomeKit hub.

Whether it’s the uncertified or certified version of the integration, it’s still one-way, from Hubitat to HomeKit.

So if you use the Home app for presence, and a home app automation to flip a Hubitat virtual switch, that won’t change.

Same deal if your nest protects are linked to HomeKit and you use a Home app automation to trigger actions on devices paired to Hubitat.

Or have I misunderstood what you meant?

I do this all the time. When my HomeKit sees presence on my ecobee, it runs an automation that turns on a Hubitat virtual switch, and my HE rule reacts as expected.

Am I misunderstanding you statement?

I suppose so?

What is it you’re not understanding?

Ah, after rereading this multiple times I realized that the “that” you’re referring to is not the on/off state virtual switch, but the ability to control the virtual switch.

And I agree that the ability won’t change (but the switch state will :innocent:).

The minor ambiguity got me.

Ah, I see. Yes that was my intended meaning.