Homekit Accessory Not Found

Thanks for asking.

I access the Hubitat via Firefox on an iMac. That generates the QR code.
I then run Apple Home app and use the iPhone (16.x latest) camera. HomeKit recognizes a Bridge and then a long run of waiting icon - then Accessory not available.

Only one WiFi network from one router - the TP link.
All network devices are on the one WiFi SSID and network.

I deleted HomeKit app from Hubitat - rebooted
Added HomeKit app which started up normally
All devices show up on Hubitat (Z-Wave light dimmers mostly)
Use QR code on HomeKit on iPhone (latest software) and get the following message:
Accessory Already in Another Home
You may need to reset the accessory before adding it to you home.
See manufacturer's guide for more information

Hubitat does not show up in the "home Hubs and Bridges" list.

Suggestions anyone?

Adding this:

Also noticed this error in the past logs:
app:62023-11-08 11:33:54.675 AMerrorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'name' on null object on line 154 (method main)

Says "name" - maybe that is the same 'name' that the HomeKit is complaining about being in another home.

Use the advanced section at the bottom to totally reset the entire integration including the QR code pairing info.

Then I would suggest only sharing one simple device like a switch to start. Once you get it paired you can then start sending more devices over.

1 Like

I know this is not in line with the Not Found question but the advice to add just one device initially is superb, I believe.

I've added the HomeKit Integration then gone wild clicking to add devices. Once I Add Accessory in the Home App, I'm presented with a set of 4-6 questions per device that I have to get right. It's Ok the first 3 or so devices but soon my eyes glaze over and I can't remember the name of the device that was just showing half a second ago. :slight_smile:

It's WAY better to add 1 device and 1 integration. Then you can add as manymore as youwant. They will all show in Default Room and ALL of the questions show on a single screen.

Thanks JTP10181 - Yep - I did the steps you suggest. HomeKit still does not like the Accessory.

Not found again or saying it is already in use?

Just went to the Hubitat device at 192.168... All Z-Wave dimmers are not checked. Only the on/off ceiling fan switch is checked. Got the QR code for HomeKit

On iPhone - scanned QR code - HomeKit show this as "a Bridge" - click OK
Get this message:

Uncertified Accessory
This accessory has not been certified to work with you home and may not work reliably or security with this iPhone. -
Select - Add Anyway or Cancel

I select Add Anyway

Unable to Add Accessory
Failed to add the accessory.

Home settings - Home Hubs and Bridges - No Hubitat only ATV(2) and MiniPods(2).
MiniPod shows connected - others are Standby.

Thanks for sticking with me. Much really appreciated!
Mack

Still getting errors in the log or no?

Is this the router/wifi mesh system you’re using?

Would it be possible to power down all but the main TP-Link unit? Connect everything to main unit and try again?

I have seen numerous reports of WiFi Mesh networking systems causing issues such as this.

2 Likes

Thanks for the idea. The WiFi network is enabled for 2.4gz and 5ghz. The 6 band is not used by any device. There is only one source - TP-Link AXE5400 Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router (Archer AXE75) I had a mesh before, but my place is small enough for this router to reach everything with excellent bandwidth.

Thanks for contributing.

1 Like

Hi Jtp10181
Thanks again for hanging in there with me.

No - no recent errors in the log

These were the last error message from several hours ago - unrelated (by time stamp) to my recent attempts - stop Homekit on C-8, start Homekit on C-8, get QR code etc. Interstingly to me is that all the QR code physical numbers (displayed beneath the QR code) have not changed from my first time use. Even reset - that says reset of QR code - did not change the code.

Thanks again
Mack

Can you seperate the SSID's? Make one for 2.4 and the other for 5? Some systems can be problematic with combined SSID's

Hard to tell which device is currently on which frequency. It would be hard to separate the ATV and MiniPods from the rest of the system. One of the MiniPods is the HomeKit hub/bridge.

I have some bulbs on HomeKit from Nanoleaf (no hub required) that are Matter compliant. But I don't see how that would impact the Hubitat hub which is Ethernet wired to the router.

Thanks for the idea. I think this is a software bug. Hoping for more later from support.

@gopher.ny as you can see by this long thread, this seems to be a recurring issue that is very hard to solve. Not sure if there is anything we are missing?

@user7118 you can try this tool if you have a windows PC: zeroconfServiceBrowser | Tobias Erichsen

You would want to look for the "hap" section and then look to see if the hub shows up in there. This would tell you if the mDNS broadcast is at least making it to your PC.

2 Likes

(Sadly) I don't have many friends with a windows machine. Thought of going there myself. I will ask around to see if someone can visit me and try the software. I did look on the router (search and doc search) for mDNS settings and did not find a mention of it for my WiFi 6E capable router.

I have done Airprint from iPhones and iMac - which use Bonjour (a mDNS implementation - if I read the comments). So the router supports that. And AirDrop for that matter (no pun intended).

Thanks JTP10181.

Do you have a Mac? If so, see the circled section below from the site that @jtp10181 linked.

2 Likes

I think it's now called Discovery

It's what I'm using.

3 Likes

Thanks - I will be looking for this.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.