Help please im so lost

I would stop and make a decision if you want to take the risk of having delays or possibly missed commands in the future due to S2 encryption. If you don't want to take the risk, I would redo your mesh now, before you move forward. If latency isn't a problem, then you can move on.

Also don't move on until every device you have included is working and the repair is successful. Adding more devices when the mesh is not 100% healthy will cause headaches in the future.

5 Likes

Use the snip tool on your web browser. Makes it easier :slight_smile:

It will work, but the issue is overhead. Honestly security on a light switch is not necessary and z-wave doesn't provide a path to your lan. If someone is close enough to sniff your z-wave network you will see them from your window or they're on the front porch camped out with a computer. I don't need to sniff your network if I'm that close, I can see what lights you turn on or off. Locks and garage door stuff is the only stuff that should remain encrypted.

2 Likes

The last one is a ghost and needs removed. This can mesh up your mesh. Click refresh till the remove button appears. Click remove. If it doesn't remove, remove the power from your lock. Shut down the hub from the settings menu, then unplug power to the hub (at the wall not the hub) for 5 mins and then power back up. Remove ghost.

OK thank you sir. I think i will try adding one with out the s2 security I had a problem with adding them with out it in the beginning

ok

Do classic pairing (not scanning the qc code) and when prompted for security, click skip

4 Likes

I wonder if 5B might not be a problem - the « Discover » button should not be there…

Well with the discover button and no route it seems like a ghost

1 Like

5B should be recoverable, given it has routing...I would try the Discover button multiple times, and if that doesn't help, then try Refresh. If Refresh doesn't bring up a Remove option, then it could be excluded normally.

@Huffy - did you do the shut down/wait/restart process last night or this morning?

3 Likes

I did that this morning. Seems a bit better afterwards

1 Like

I got it do go away after i messed with it for a while.

1 Like

Im going to try this thank you

2 Likes

Give this a look. Some rules of thumb for the future.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Install_Custom_Drivers

2 Likes

FYI, to keep threads shorter you can use the Hide Details feature to keep things more compact.
(I prefer to triple click the content to select all before clicking on the gear)

5 Likes

thank you i will check this out

1 Like