Help please im so lost

Im sorry if im not doing this correctly but im so frustrated. I cant get my switches to update in the app when i manually turn the switch on or off and any scene i make only work with app and not with the switch. Im very lost and frustrated any help please

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

Go to Hub owners - Hubitat , join the group and then post some screenshots of your device page.

7 Likes

The above would help since the exact question isn't apparent--sounds like it could be a few different things, but that should help!

I've also moved your post to Get Started, a more appropriate category than the Ask Anything category intended for easy-answer FAQ-type questions rather than discussion. You shouldn't notice any differences--just letting you know it's been recategorized (something I generally wouldn't stress too much about on this forum except this one particular category).

6 Likes

@Huffy Yes, we need more information.

First thing, Join the owners group posted above.

Second go to settings>>z-wave details and using windows snip tool, snap shot your entire z-wave table and paste it here.

Now are you coming from another platform?

1 Like

Ok ill try it. I am coming from samsung smarthings.

1 Like

Also please read this

4 Likes

This is something that will occur if your switch is Z-Wave (not Z-Wave Plus). Those switches require the hub to poll them to get their status. There is an app on the hub for this called Z-Wave Poller.

If your switches are the older Z-Wave types, you can install the polling app and they will appear in the list of devices available for polling.

5 Likes

I e gone to the hub owners joined but cant find out how to post anything. Ive donr the exclude on all my devices then a factory reset. My devices are Zwave plus. I tried the polling app but none of my devices are showing up in the polling app

1 Like

If they are z-wave plus they won't show in the polling app because they already report status. If they are plain z-wave you need to use the generic z-wave (not plus) driver and they will show up in the poller.

As to posting now that youve joined the owners group, in this thread simply use windows snip to screen capture the z-wave details page, then in a new message, right click then left click on paste. It will then paste the pic to the messages. Then click reply at the bottom

1 Like

Ok, let's take it one at the time. Is good news that devices are Z-Wave Plus, that means they are likely to send instant status back to the hub. It may just be that the hub picked up the wrong driver for your switch. Can you please share the make and model, also if you go to Devices and click on one of these devices that aren't updating, can you tell us what driver is using (look under Preferences for the type field). Would also be helpful if you can take a screenshot of you Z-Wave Details page. Go to Settings, the Z-Wave Details. Lastly, when you have the picture, click on the picture icon to upload the picture.

1 Like

My Switches are Honeywell UltraPro Z-Wave Plus 44946
and UltraPro Z-Wave Smart Rocker Light Dimmer 39351.
I dont know why my switch says dual outlet or motion switch when its just a regular switch. If i change those fields to anything else the switch does not show up on my devices page in the app

1 Like

That's because the hub assigned the wrong driver to it. Our engineers have not tested the 44xxx series, only the 39Xxxx. The dimmer might work with the "GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Dimmer" driver, but you will have to manually change the type and select the driver manually. As for the other device, I suggest excluding it and re-include. It doesn't look like it was included successfully, or is too far from the hub.

For future reference, you can check the List of Compatible devices for best driver (6th column).

ill try the GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Dimmer and see what happens. the switch is only 5 ft from the hub

1 Like

Is the device labeled Mystery switch, the dimmer or the switch (on/off).

The mystery switch is the only switch i have installed at the moment. I also tried the Ge switch option and it still does the same thing no luck

So would it be good to say my switches aren't compatible

No, UltraPro line is made by Jasco and their Z-Wave devices are compatible. In your case is a matter of a. buding the mesh, and b. selecting the appropriate driver, if the hub isn't selecting the best driver. With the switch that didn't fully include, you have effectively 50% unresponsive nodes, which can create problems to the other switch. I would exclude the unresponsive device and make sure it is gone from the Z-Wave Details page, then include it again. Be sure to click configure on the device details page after changing the driver type.

4 Likes

To do above, first hit with the Refresh button several times it may take more than a few and then at some point you should see a Remove button appear.

Hit Remove and that device should be removed from your Z-Wave Details page.

Then you can re-include it to your hub.

1 Like

Don't give up. Many of us came over from SmartThings and once you get things sorted, you will know you made the right choice. It is a learning curve however. I have many UltraPro switches and they work great.

5 Likes

Another thought, especially for those coming from SmartThings. Turn off your SmartThings hub when moving devices between hubs.

2 Likes