Hello from Las Vegas!

Was there just a couple or so weeks back, including a road trip afterwards nearby in this beauty. Vegas is a special place. Enjoy!

C8 anyone? :wink:

5 Likes

Wishing you a good time in Vegas. I haven't been there in years, but it is a real fun place. Take care and be safe. Looking forward to hearing what you see and how your booth does.

3 Likes

Does sound like you need someone from a warmer climate to visit to ensure a nice warm atmosphere? Happy to volunteer.... Though I may need to extend my holidays that end soon....

4 Likes

Have a lovely time and let's get some more traction and PR for Hubitat! Don't be shy and call out the buyers that you need to get those big orders and the coverage that you need! There's a reason the company spent ~$10,000 to be there... it's not about the party, that's for when it's over!

2 Likes

Any Hardware updates or announcements from Hubitat?

1 Like

This wasn't on fccid.io yesterday, but the C-8 showed up today. From my quick read:

1. Hub has WiFi.
  2. Antenna specs indicate an external antenna.
  3. External dimensions similar to C-7/C-5

PUT ME DOWN FOR TWO!

https://fccid.io/2AHYK-2212C8

17 Likes

Is a third radio required for Thread? Or does that overlap with WiFi?

3 Likes

I think it overlaps with zigbee. In Home Assistant Yellow, they use an SiLabs module (Mighty Gecko) that can do either Thread or Zigbee.

2 Likes

But if you wanted to support both at the same time, would you need two discreet parts, or will one do both simultaneously?

2 Likes

You will need two. In Home Assistant Yellow, their approach is going to be time-slicing, which I am not sure I like.

4 Likes

O o I feel another 300 bucks + import tax flying out the window

3 Likes

That would be about twice what the list price for the C-7 is. I'm guessing Hubitat will not go that high.

2 Likes

I need two as well. :joy:

2 Likes

Lol. I suspect the same here! And if they do Zigbee OR Thread, I might just need to get one for each… :wink:

1 Like

Greetings @Hubitat_Staff,

Tomorrow is First Friday in the Arts District if you are looking for something to occupy your evening. The local art scene is still thriving even if the district has been overtaken by bars and entertainment venues.

Shoot me a message if I can interest you in a beverage before you leave town. :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting information on the link…

“Does short-term confidentiality apply to this application?: Yes
If so, specify the short-term confidentiality release date (MM/DD/YYYY format): 07/04/2023”

So expect a release around July 4th?

3 Likes

I foresee an Independence Day sale!

Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

5 Likes

Makes sense that they will now support anything that has the Matter logo on it. Imagine if Joe Consumer bought a Matter hub and it wouldn’t work with 2.4Ghz Thread.

I thought the December 2-day sale meant something was coming out really soon. But maybe they just wanted to clear out the boxes that didn’t have the HomeKit logo on them?

Good for you guys! I’m impressed that you’re continuing to follow your vision despite all the difficulties that have plagued this industry.

Honored to have been a contributing member along your journey. I wish you all great success at the show and in your future efforts.

5 Likes

What import tax ? :crazy_face:

2 Likes