Hello from Las Vegas!

Viva Las Vegas! The Hubitat crew arrived in Las Vegas. Next stop - CES® 2023 to set up the stage to showcase the power of local processing in home automation.

If you are in the area, stop by booth 50148 to experience Home Automation that is Local, Reliable, Fast, and Private.

You can find us at Tech West, Venetian Expo, Level 2: Floor Plan - CES 2023

35 Likes

Haven't been out that way in forever. I foresee some long days in your immediate future. Enjoy the experience, and please keep us updated on what you're seeing out there that could be incorporated.

10 Likes

Plan to do a lot of walking at the Venetian. Have fun!

6 Likes

The last time I was at CES it snowed... in Vegas... I was not allowed back.

15 Likes

Viva Las Vegas!! Go HE team. :smiley:

And yeah, @brad5, that ban is still current, so keep your distance. :wink:

9 Likes

Same - I suspect we were there at the same time, and it was actually my fault - so you’re allowed back. :wink:

6 Likes

Have a good CES show!!!

4 Likes

Was there just a couple or so weeks back, including a road trip afterwards nearby in this beauty. Vegas is a special place. Enjoy!

C8 anyone? :wink:

5 Likes

Wishing you a good time in Vegas. I haven't been there in years, but it is a real fun place. Take care and be safe. Looking forward to hearing what you see and how your booth does.

3 Likes

Does sound like you need someone from a warmer climate to visit to ensure a nice warm atmosphere? Happy to volunteer.... Though I may need to extend my holidays that end soon....

4 Likes

Have a lovely time and let's get some more traction and PR for Hubitat! Don't be shy and call out the buyers that you need to get those big orders and the coverage that you need! There's a reason the company spent ~$10,000 to be there... it's not about the party, that's for when it's over!

2 Likes

Any Hardware updates or announcements from Hubitat?

1 Like

This wasn't on fccid.io yesterday, but the C-8 showed up today. From my quick read:

1. Hub has WiFi.
  2. Antenna specs indicate an external antenna.
  3. External dimensions similar to C-7/C-5

PUT ME DOWN FOR TWO!

https://fccid.io/2AHYK-2212C8

17 Likes

Is a third radio required for Thread? Or does that overlap with WiFi?

3 Likes

I think it overlaps with zigbee. In Home Assistant Yellow, they use an SiLabs module (Mighty Gecko) that can do either Thread or Zigbee.

2 Likes

But if you wanted to support both at the same time, would you need two discreet parts, or will one do both simultaneously?

2 Likes

You will need two. In Home Assistant Yellow, their approach is going to be time-slicing, which I am not sure I like.

4 Likes

O o I feel another 300 bucks + import tax flying out the window

3 Likes

That would be about twice what the list price for the C-7 is. I'm guessing Hubitat will not go that high.

2 Likes