Greenwave Powernode 5/6 extension driver

On a C4 running 2.2.1.116, I am clearly not understanding the config parameters, as messing with the Z-Wave tool does not change behavior at all. The buttons in each driver clearly work, they poll properly, and get reasonable data back.

But I can't seem to get it to report on change in power consumption (param 0)
I can't stop the green blinking (params 1 and 4)
I am starting to think that the docs are unclear, or that I do not understand the presentation of the config parameters.

• Param 0: Power change required to send a notification, in % from 1 to 100, default 10
    Writing a decimal 20 value to a 1 byte size parameter does nothing - no reports

• param 1: Keep alive time, in minutes from 1 to 255, default 2
    If this is a 1-byte value, then the max would be 254.

• param 2: Color wheel selection, read only

• param 3: State after power loss, 0 = all off, 1 = remember last state, 2 = all on, default 2
    Have not tested this

• param 4: Led for network error, 0 = disable, 1 = enable, default 0
    If this is a 1-byte parameter, it does not seem to have any effect

The below are all read-only registers, not sure what command is used to read them, as the docs are written without any actual explanation of use, or examples.

• assoc group 1: Color wheel change
  • assoc group 2: Relay health
  • assoc group 3: Power value change
  • assoc group 4: Over-current protection

Just got 2 of the 6 plugs powernodes from monoprice. Had to bring them right next to the hub to pair, when I moved them away, seems like they can't connect through the mesh to reach the hub. Any thoughts on how to keep them connected? what's their max distance?

Also, I need to install this custom driver, any chance it will get added to the new package manager?
Once I install the driver can I just change the device type or do I need to rejoin the device?

These devices are Zwave, not Zwave Plus, so sometimes they require pairing closer to the hub, depending on what devices/repeaters might be between it and at the hub. But generally non-Zwave Plus devices won't include/pair through the mesh if I remember correctly.

I have two of these and they both work well. One is right next to the hub (I use it to remotely power cycle the modem and router if necessary, along with other things. The second is in another room and it also connects fine, but I also have a decent Zwave mesh. I'm pretty sure I paired it with the other one next to the hub at the same time then moved it and did a Zwave network repair afterwards.

Hello, I am trying to get this to work with an Aeotec Smart Strip - support pointed me to this thread. I installed the parent and child drivers in the first post, but upon changing my device to that and saving, no child devices are created. How can I troubleshoot this?

Not sure this would work with that strip, and sadly I have no experience with it, sadly. Maybe someone else could chime in here, who does.

I purchased a 6 outlet on amazon back in June and now just saw that they can be added to HE - great! I must be missing something - I loaded the parent and child driver but can not get the power strip to go to inclusion mode. The small white button on the end seems to do nothing.
(room color is set to black)

How in the world do you get the power strip to inclusion mode?
Does the power button change to reflect it is in inclusion?

I would start the inclusion process on you hub and as soon you can press and hold that button on the end until you see it added to your hub?

I tried that - press it a long time or just tap it ?

I would start the inclusion process and as soon as you can press and hold the button on the end until you see your devices added. Make sure you pressed and hold.

Thanks - tried again and nothing :frowning:
I'll move the power strip closer to the hub and try again...

Make sure you do a exclusion before. Same way exclude and press and hold till you Z-wave excluded the device. What hub are you using C-5 etc?

yep - C-5 hub and 6 outlet greenwave powernode

I did not try an exclude first.

Just seems the white button on the side does nothing.
Should the power indicator light change when being included or excluded ?

when you plug it in there is switch light that comes on and it is white I believe and when you press and hold the button that should show two green lights that looks as that turning around the switch light? When you see it is in include/exclude mode.

1 Like

@timloga did you get this to work?

@timloga, there are buttons on both ends on my units. The one by the power cord seems to be a breaker reset, the other is for inclusion.

@Royski, are the on and off buttons (no digits) supposed to turn all outlets on/off? They only do the first outlet on my two (same as on1 and off1).

Good question. TBH I’ve never really used it, so I’m not sure.

@SteveW - thanks for much for pointing out to me that there are buttons on both ends! I can't believe I did not notice that before... Once I tapped the right button it added instantly :slight_smile:

Thanks to all who helped me on this post.

1 Like

Does everyone else β€œpower” button flash?

Green when not on - white when one (or all) of the outlets is turned on.
I do occasionally see it "flashing" but it clears with time or the next time it is used.

I updated the parent driver to include an optional refresh to the plugs, this stops the flashing by refreshing every 2 mins. Its on my github if you'd like it.