Greater than 1024 characters errors in log

Just recently, my log is getting filled with messages about attribute button with too many characters.

How do I figure out which dashboard and button tile is causing the issue?

I only have two dashboards, a master dashboard and a virtual keypad. This happened as soon as I tried integrating the virtual keypad into the main dash board. I removed it once I started getting these in the log, but the error messages have not stopped.

Any ideas where to begin looking?

What version of Hub information driver are you on?

Looks like 3.0.23

What is app 65?

App 65 corresponds to "Hubitat Dashboard"

App 331 is also throwing the same messages in the log. It is "Mobile App Manager"

Something is trying to display more than 1024 on a tile on one of your dashboards. Normally I attribute it to @thebearmay Hub Information Driver, but the old one, not version 3.0.

Normally the dashboard tile having the issue will be displaying a question mark.

It doesn't have an attribute named "Button", so I'm innocent (on this one at least :sunglasses:)

2 Likes

This is very strange. I have no buttons that are not properly working or displaying a "?". I have no tiles with a lot of text on them either, except the Hub Info tile which is displaying just fine... Is there anyway to extract exactly which tile is making the dashboard angry?

Does the Mobile App Manager have a "button" on that dashboard?

I don't have a dashboard called "Mobile App Manager"..... I was assuming that was an internal app that somehow relates to the dashboard connection on the mobile phone app.

If you click on the 331 in the log entry it should take you to the app.

Yes, it goes to a blank screen, which makes me think it's an internal app that is supposed to hidden from view.

How about http://hubIpAddress/installedapp/status/331

@bobbyD any ideas?

Apparently it's part of the Devices tab framework on the mobile app.... @bobbyD

I've had a similar issue on my setup for a very long time. I thought it was one of the apps (tile master?) by bptworld but he blew me off in pretty short order and I haven't bothered to dig deeper.

app 3 is the Hubitat Dashboard app

I do have a few of thebearmay apps and drivers installed though not all in use, but can't identify anything that's not working.

So the clue is in the attribute name list1, and I can tell you without any hesitancy none of the apps/devices that you have in the images there use that attribute. A second clue is that apps don't have attributes, therefore you are looking for a device that contains an attribute named list1.

One way of finding would be to use the Device Data Item Display app ([Release] Device Data Item Display), select every device and then go down to the Select states to display section, only select list1, and then click Display Data - the only devices that will be displayed will be the ones that have that attribute.

2 Likes

Thanks,

I did just do a quick check and I was using the old hub information driver in a device. I changed that to the V3 driver and removed the older one. I will keep looking...