Govee Integration for Govee Light, Switches, Plug, and now Appliances

@tom6 , after hearing from @Filly_7003 I think your issues are related. I suspect that I made a bad assumption about the gear command being include for all appliance devices. That is why your devices were failing to add. The command was not documented at all and I think I made a assumption on how i thought it was being used as a general controller for the output of a appliance.

I just posted a update to the integration app that will remove the dependency of the "Gear" command to complete the device add to the hub. Please update your Govee Integration and let me know how it goes. I would also appreciate it if one of you can open up the device once it is added and send me the list of supported commands.

I have also uncommented out additional logging just in case some other quirks occur for appliance devices.

The updates worked. I am now able to control the heaters. These are the available commands:

Thanks for all the effort you have put into this itegration.

Can you scroll down to the bottom of the device window and look at the data section. It should look something like this.

I am just curious what that commands value is that has the red arrow pointing at it. That is an example of what a humidifier shows. I am just wondering if there are other commands that need attention to be enabled. You would likely see it say N/A next to gears now and that command won't work for you.

Here you go:

That is wonderful. Thank you so much. That confirms 100% this is the same problem @Filly_7003 has, and that this update fixes it. So it looks like for the heaters, the "mode" command determines what the heating level is.

That's correct.

So this recent issue found by Filly_7003 has made me think about a few things with the drivers created for the integration. Simply put I am wondering if I need create two new drivers to accommodate these conditions where the commands I am expecting to be used are not available. This would provide a new driver specifically for heater devices identitified today to have this problem. Then another driver for plug devices like the H5080 which would just do on/off and no other fuctions.

I have ordered a Govee H7131 Portable heater and a Govee H5080 Wifi Smart Plug to test with and help me decide what to do, but i think two new drivers will be incoming before to long.

I am having a slight issue with your integration and the Govee H7012 dimmable warm white outdoor string bulb lights. I was able to integrate and control it with another Govee integration. Once I switched it to utilize your device driver it doesn't produce any results when attempting to control it. I've confirmed it via app that the commands aren't going through.

I attempted to remove the device completely and utilize your integrations discovery to import it, but it's no where to be found. It doesn't create the device.

I am looking into it. This looks to be related to what I commented in my last post. I have a ton of changes i have been working on today already so maybe this will push the release of the updates i have made today.

To use the device driver with this integration you will need to use the app to set it up. The app puts data in the driver data values that you can't configure externally, and can't be brought over from a other integration.

So just looked them up on govee's site and these are what I was afraid of with my comment just above your last one. These devices are a rare thing for Govee in that they don't support RGB or Colortemp. I am working right now on updates to accommodate this. I will try to speed up my thinking so we can get you working in short order.

@garz

So i just published 1.0.7 version of the integration. It has a few additions.

First and foremost it includes code changes to address non RGB type devices working with the integration. So your string lights should now add and work. it also includes extensive Logging enhancements. Lastly the number of devices integrated, the devices names, and the api token rate limits for the day are listed on the integration setup page as they are used. So if you are ever concerned about it the app can show you how you are doing for the usage across all of your devices.

There is also a suggestion for the max frequency of polling on the setup page now based on the number of devices you have.

1 Like

Awesome work. Love the addition of checking the api limits for the day. I am going to give it a go and test it out. Much appreciated for this and integrating my device type. :green_heart:

1 Like

@garz

Can you scroll down to the bottom of the device page for the H7012 string lights and capture the Commands values from the data section. If I break out the drivers for different variations of supported commands I just want to make sure I account for what you have.

Not sure if you need device ID. Here's what we got.

1 Like

That is exactly what I was looking for. This would be a third driver to setup.

I just published a new version of the standard Light, Switch, Plug driver for the integration.

The latest driver will allow fade over time control for LAN API devices. The reason this is a lan only feature is that the driver has to step down the brightness in given intervals. This would quickly blow out the rate limit for the Cloud API. A new parm on the driver was introduced as well which allows you to decide how large each step is. This can be useful if you want to transtion quickly most of the time. The larger the increment the fewer commands will be needed to get to the final fade level.

It should also be noted that if you set the duration on the device page to a small value and then use a small number for increment which results in multiple commands in a second it will process, but it is a best effort to complete in the time requested. Commands will queue up if the process cannot be completed in the requested duration. This is best used for either small fade changes or larger amounts of time since this is being handled in the driver.

Version 1.0.9 is out on github

This release is primarily just about having drivers that match the abilities of the device they are intended to control. The idea here is if you add a device that only does Cool White and dimming you shouldn't see a bunch of options for changing color temp and hue. The integration app will validate against what Govee provides in the devices setup for supported commands and select the correct driver accordingly.

This also applies to Appliance devices on the new API. Humidifiers and fans will continue to use the driver provided earlier and Heating devices will now use a driver specific to them with more specific verbiage.

This will likely be the last change until early December when Govee publishes its next major update for their app. That is ofcourse unless something isn't working right.

A secondary small change is that i found the driver doesn't change on state unless you actually hit "On" even though most of the options will turn the device on as well. The driver was updated to reflect that behavior as well.

If by chance you already integrated devices that would use the new drivers you can simply change the driver on the device page to the new one. All of the information needed for the new drivers is already part of the device so this will work. This won't change anything though except what you see for buttons to push on the UI.

2 Likes

Version has been updated 1.0.10. There appears to be a problem with the deployment of 1.0.9 and it wasn't fully placed on github. This only impacts the changes noted in 1.0.9 so updating to this release isn't pressing unless you need the new drivers or you are having a issue with On state not reporting under certain circumstances.

2 Likes

I added a referral link that goes to here on Govee's site. It will give you a 10% discount and me a little bit of points to put towards newer govee products to ensure support of new devices.

5 Likes

I wish I had that when I ordered my 6172's a couple weeks ago...

Thanks for all of your effort on this!

1 Like