Govee Integration for Govee Light, Switches, Plug, and now Appliances

I dont think you missed anything. Did you click on done to leave the smart app after the devices were selected. The actual setup of the devices are done on that final click.

If you clicked on done then that should have done it. Once you selected the devices we know they are in the Cloud API. The next step will actualy pull the devices list one more time and then do all the child device creates.

Did you get any logging from the app. Did any errors occur in the live logging.

Please open up the app again and try to add them and collect the logs and PM them yo me.

They should be added to HE with the exact name you setup in the Govee home app.

The Govee light_Plug_switch driver should work for them based on the API. It is actually pretty generic

The way this integration works you wont be able to use that driver to setup a virtual device and configure it manually. It should be created by the integration.

Ok found bug in the code. It is specific to new installs that either don't have a appliance device, or light device. If you have both it would work. This was introduced with the last update.

For now if you just put // at the beginning of line 46 in the Govee integration app it should work. I will test out a fix tomorrow for it and publish it.

@tbaurle

I just posted an update for this issue. Let me know if this doesn't correct the problem you are seeing. Please run the upgrade and then try adding the devices again. It should just be a mater of opening the app again and clicking on done.

@mavrrick58

Thank you for the update. I was tearing my hair out (what little I have left) trying to figure out what I did wrong or missed. Updated via HPM and the lights now show in Devices and are functional. Thanks again

Hey, I'm interested in finding out if my device has local lan control. Is there somewhere I can check if it supports it. Or can I just enable and see if it works?

If you turn on LAN control it won't work if the devices doesn't support it. You also need to put in the device IP after turning on LAN control

The post above here explains how to validate if your device does.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Good to know where to check. I wonder what their criteria is for adding it to a specific device. :thinking:

I guess I'll be sending some requests over to govee for my use-case.

Worried my gentle wakeup routine on my son's nightlight is going to cause throttling. I had to bump up the transition speed to every 30 seconds and the transition is obviously not as nice as every 5 seconds. :sweat_smile:

My guess is that it largely has to do with the controller connected to the device. If that controller device is robust enough it has a chance of getting support. Some devices that have been through a few hardware versions have support for only recent revisions. I have a H6052 that is supposed to support LAN control but is a early hardware version which doesn't.

If this is predictable routine that always happens at a given time you could schedule it in the Govee app and start that the sunrise scene. That scene should do a gentle wake up and get brighter over time. Then at the time it finishes which is either 15 or 30 min have another scene schedule to turn on the regular light and then turn off or leave on based on what you want. I am testing it now with my govee neon rope light. I use this method with Wiz Bulbs.

Another option could be to simply return the nightlight lamp and get a new H6052. It is a small table lamp similar to their Night Lights, but does support lan control in the latest hardware revisions.

Sometime in November there will also be a major upgrade to the Govee Home app. With that new devices will get LAN Support. There may also be API Updates. I am anxiously awaiting the update to see what if anything needs to be updated.

1 Like

If this is predictable routine that always happens at a given time you could schedule it in the Govee app and start that the sunrise scene...

Actually that's not such a bad idea, to have it trigger from Govee at a given time. I've never used their scenes, I'll test out gentle wake-up and see how it goes.

Another option could be to simply return the nightlight lamp and get a new H6052.

I may consider this, just afraid it's going to be too bright at 1% for his small room. The night light is pretty bright at 1% for his bedtime routine on this model, I'm sure on the larger unit it'll be even brighter.

We actually use the H6052 as a kind of nigh light in my house. At least the one we have gets very dim. We use the Night Light scene and it works well.

It is also RGBIC which can create some cool effects if you ever get into that kind of thing in the room

I believe it sets the color temp to 2000 and then the brightness to 1%.

You think the current stock will support LAN, hardware wise? I've got until February to return this nightlight. Gotta love Amazon.

Current stock definitely will. Originally i was going to test with mine until govee confirmed it was to old of a hardware revision. Anything bought in the last year or so and is on the supported device list should likely support lan control.

I would do it. Other then being about twice as much cost wise it is really nice. I like ours.

1 Like

These look interesting... Would they be supported, and would they have local control?

1 Like

I would expect them to be supported, but i don't have them to validate. They were released since the documentation for the API's was released.

It is easy to validate if some did get them and wants to test though. I have been working on deploying some H6172 Outdoor LED strips and they have worked well with the local LAN control option.

Just keep in mind both API's only control on/off, brightness, Color Temp, and RGB Color. Scenes and RGBIC patterns are not avaliable through either API.

1 Like

I received my H6172 strips today and had zero trouble getting them working with the local LAN. Your integration and documentation was very easy to follow.

Tomorrow I'll start the task of mounting them and then integrating them into my outdoor lighting scheme.

2 Likes

Awesome work @mavrrick58 ! I wanted to ask one question tho. I followed the steps to the T (couldn't get HPM search to work. No "fast search" option appeared. Uploaded the apps/drivers manually and just matched them). I got the API all setup and added my heater (H7132) and hit done.

I have an issue however. I can't for the life of me find my heat in my "devices" anywhere. Is there a step I'm missing?

If you aren't seeing the Fast search option I would suggest you check that you are running the latest version of HPM. I have included a screen shot of the switch below.

I reached out to csteel to try to figure out why some folks were having problems finding the app. As it turns out the "Fast Search" option was something he added and the legacy Fuzzy search method requires upkeep by the previous maintainer of HPM. I would suggest you make sure you have this option, If not update HPM and then make sure it is enabled going forward.

The devices should show up just as it appeared when you went to add in the app. That device label is used.

To help me understand what is happening. Please do the following.

1. Open up the logging page on another browser tab and let it capture the following steps.
  2. Open up the Govee integration app. Click on the option to select the appliance device and confirm it is selected. Then click "Done" a few times until the app is closed.
  3. Go back to your Logging browser tab. Click on the Govee Integration app in the top to filter by it and then review the logs. Please forward the logs to me either here or in a PM.

The log output should look something like this. In these logs you can see all of the devices that were available, and then what was attempted to be integrated. This is actually two cycles for me going through the app setup screens. The first is when I added a appliance device by itself at 11:49. Then the you can see where I just opened the app and clicked on done and nothing was needed to be processed at 11:52 and 11:57.

You are correct on the update. I was running 1.8.3 that I found online - I now have 1.8.7 and the fast search is showing up. Thanks!

As for checking the log here is the error I get when I tried to re-add the appliance

app:1662022-11-02 12:28:13.535 PMerrorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'options' on null object on line 137 (method updated)

app:1662022-11-02 12:28:13.378 PMdebuginitialize() Appliance INFORMATION

app:1662022-11-02 12:28:13.375 PMdebuginitialize() [Office Heater] are selcted to be integrated

app:1662022-11-02 12:28:13.373 PMdebug Govee Appliances to add [Office Heater].

app:1662022-11-02 12:28:13.370 PMdebugUpdated with settings: [APIKey:xxxxxx. goveeApp:[Office Heater]]

app:1662022-11-02 12:28:09.928 PMdebug[Office Heater:Office Heater]

app:1662022-11-02 12:28:09.684 PMdebugAppliance INFORMATION

That is a interesting place for the error.

On the Hubitat UI can you expand the Developer tools, then click on "Apps Code", Select Govee Integration to display the program code. Scroll down and change line 128 by removing the // at the beginning of the line. Click on SAVE and then rerun the test above. This change to the code will give me more detailed information about what Govee is sending back when the APi is called to look up what devices are available.

Essentially this appears it is the integration complaining that the "gear" option is not available. That is surprising to me as even a heater is going to have a fan and need to adjust it's speed.