Govee Immersion LED Strip Driver - Govee Cloud API

OK, I got this working for my H6159 LED strip AND my H7012 String Light.

I got my requested API key yesterday so today I installed the driver and entered the API as per the procedure:

When I saved the initial virtual device settings it oddly made BOTH of my Govee light devices the same model: H7012. Of course that meant my pendant lights worked using a "Dimmer" template and pointing to the device with the MAC (as per the API call above, not what my router says it is) for that light string.

The H6159 lights did NOT work at all until I went in and manually changed the model number back to H6159 in the virtual device settings for that LED strip. After that I used the "Color Bulb" template and BAM they all work!

Very nice!!!

@mavrrick58 you may be able to add the H7012 to your list. I will continue to monitor and let you know if there are any issues.

Thanks!

So I just set this up and noticed it does not seem to be doing any sort of polling. So if the device is changed via the app or Alexa through the Govee skill then Hubitat does not know about the changes. What is everyone doing about this? Should I just setup a RM rule to trigger Refresh every X minutes? Or any plans to add it to the driver?

1 Like

I certainly will if you can provide me the detaila for the other columns.

1. Turn on/off (i would expect tbis to be yes)
  2. Is it RGB
  3. Does it allow you to control CT of white light
  4. Is it retrievable. This is shown on the states section of the driver
  5. Did you need to set the switch for the alternate brightness option in the driver.
  1. Yes
  2. No, it is white only
  3. I don't think these lights have that even from the Govee app. It has some effects options, but I don't see color temp as an option at all.
  4. I believe so. Please see screenshot:
  5. No:

I basically set it up with a dimmer template and it works for both on/off and dimming.

@Obi2000 and @mavrrick58 i am trying to get this to work with my H6062 light bar (a Govee Glide). I got the API key, successfully queried the real MAC address, and got the driver installed. This was before i actually looked to see the model coverage you guys already had put in place.

I eventually, naievely, tried to modify the driver to just add the model number to the drop down to see if it would work....alas, it did not (but it did give me a good disco vibe for some reason whenever i clicked on the Refresh button).

So i dug a bit further and found the latest API documentation (below, with the relevant language excerpt). On the very last page, it seems to bifurcate between API rev 1.2 and 1.3 devices.

Would you or anyone else mind taking a quick peek at this? i did try to see what i could do, but this is beyond me, trying to learn as much as I can though. thanks

The change of DeviceState:
When cmd.name is "colorTem":
the valid values are returned by DeviceList, there will be one more field named
“properties”.
"properties": {
"colorTem": {
"range": {
"min": 2000,
"max": 9000

I don't think what you pointed out really has anything to do with it not working. It appears Goovee is just providing a way for users of the API to obtain what the limits are for color temp based on specific device. Nothing about that doc would indicate to me the command to change by color temp has been impacted.

The best thing you can do is provide the live logging for the device when you try to adjust it from HE with the driver.

The good thing is that it appears they have added a bunch of devices to the API.

Big thanks to OP, this drivers great and a breeze to install.
Thanks a bunch!

Bill

Thanks a ton to you for developing this. When we are able to do IC-type lights in Hubitat that would be another great addition but with the simpler actions it is now functioning well on some of my IC lights from Govee.

I bought Models H619A & H619C & H7050 of which all work with your device driver. They all return status, on/off, set color, set temp, set level. I would add those to the supported list.

Two that I cannot get a device ID from the "curl" retrieval process and therefore I believe are not Govee API supported YET is H7060 & H61A0.

What I am trying to do is get all RBGIC Outdoor lighting that is controlled through Hubitat for timer and other automation. But then to also have a pretty cool light show around certain events (like Christmas or an outdoor party...)

FYI, Two more are now supported that I have had and now tested are "H7060" and "H61A0". I requested these to be added to the API since they operate very similar to others I have and they already support them. They added them within the week. Pretty good response if you ask me.

Also, tested this AM models H7060 & H61A0 both work the same as the above ones I mention.

1 Like

Just to add, just added my 6199's and they work great so far. thanks for the driver. a request like someone else posted, you should upload this to the HPM...again, great work!

I'm new to Hubitat, but just tried this driver out with H7020 RGBWW outdoor string lights and it is working! Thanks for creating this, just wanted to let you know that it works with this model as well.

I have noticed this too. Have you found a way to fix this?

Setup a rule in rule machine, trigger at certain time you can do every 5/10/15 minutes whatever feels good for you. One of the built in actions is to refresh so you just do that and select your device.

1 Like

Hi,

which rgbic exterior lights are you using? It seems govee doesn't have a wifi model of the strips to interface with your app. Unless I'm unable to find it on Amazon :frowning:

H7050, H7060 and H619A/H619E all work. I suggest looking at the Govee website for the models and what exactly they call them and then search Amazon for that. Amazon does a poor job with model numbers Nd Govee devices.

Here is the H7060 on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FXH4YLG/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A2KZ7X05DCDJDL&psc=1

I am getting the same error.
I have tried both drivers - is there somewhere to download the newest ones, perhaps?

Either way, no commands work for either of the two drivers.

Hi, I'm having issues with the H6199 immersion strip.
The driver is installed and commands on the HE seem to work.

Now I'm trying to get a simple rule running - Make the strip turn on/off whenever my LG TV is turned on/off. I'm using LG WebOS TV driver which seems to work well for other purposes, but not with the Govee strip.

When the TV is turned off the power of the strip starts to go crazy. turning off and on every 2-3 seconds. I also see it live on my Govee app. The strip goes crazy. When the Tv is on, the Govee will go give some more powers cycles and then will settle on power on. Any ideas on what may cause this issue?

This looks like you have a issue with the configured device make. Check the live logging for the devi e from the hub. It will generally attempt to use your API key on the first attempt to setup the device and show you the valid MAC's in Govee's system.

As a side note the MAC may not be what you see in the Govee web app unfortunately.