Google home support

we love all of our children, they just don't always get as much attention as we would like.

7 Likes

Just bumping my earlier question; @mike.maxwell, @bravenel, @patrick Could really do with some help/advice trying to get shot of this error I'm seeing. I think it's due to the drivers I'm using but I'm not having any luck sorting it. If I comment out the event lines in the driver I don't get the error but obviously that's not a usable workaround. There's nothing special about the event lines that I can see:

def zwaveEvent(hubitat.zwave.commands.switchmultilevelv3.SwitchMultilevelReport cmd) {
    logging("SwitchMultilevelReport: $cmd", 2) 
    dimmerEvents(cmd)
}

def dimmerEvents(hubitat.zwave.Command cmd) {
    logging("dimmerEvents: $cmd", 1)
    def result = []
    result << createEvent(name:"switch", value: cmd.value ? "on" : "off")
    result << createEvent(name:"level", value: cmd.value, unit: "%")
    return result
}

if you could add a debug line to the dimmer events just above return result, thus
log.warn "dimmerEvents:${result}"
and post the live log results of this after doing to the dimmer whatever is causing this in GH, that may shed some light on it.
Also post the definition section of the driver (i want to see the capabilities included), also a screen shot of the driver current states.

Ok, Thanks. Here's a screen shot of the log:

And the driver current states:
current%20states

The definition section of the driver:

definition (name: "Qubino Flush Dimmer", namespace: "erocm123", author: "Eric Maycock") {
    capability "Actuator"
    capability "Switch"
    capability "Switch Level"
    capability "Polling"
    capability "Refresh"
    capability "Sensor"
    capability "Configuration"
    capability "Energy Meter"
    capability "Power Meter"
    capability "Temperature Measurement"
    capability "Health Check"

command "reset"

fingerprint mfr: "0159", prod: "0001", model: "0051"
	fingerprint deviceId: "0x1101", inClusters: "0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x20,0x27,0x25,0x26,0x32,0x85,0x8E,0x59,0x70", outClusters: "0x20,0x26"
    fingerprint deviceId: "0x1101", inClusters: "0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x20,0x27,0x25,0x26,0x30,0x32,0x60,0x85,0x8E,0x59,0x70", outClusters: "0x20,0x26"

}

Also, the full source is available in my github:

I'm heading to bed now, but if you want me to do anything else just let me know and I'll get on it in the morning. Cheers.

all set for now, thanks!

Any plans to support locks and any other devices like temperature sensors with Google Home?

You can control locks with a simple workaround. This works a bit nicer with Alexa becuase it doesn't have to respond with a different voice, but it's not bad.

You'll need a Stringify account and an IFTTT account.

1. Create a flow like this in Stringify. If you've never used Stringify, there's a trick to making certain flows and this is one of them. For unlock, the location should be added for security. For lock, you can just go from Google to IFTTT.

First you will add some kind of language for unlock [door] to the Google Assistant "Thing" in Stringify. Doesn't particularly matter because you'll define the exact phrase in a Google Assistant Routine to make it more natural to say. Then for the response, you will want to add something, otherwise Stringify will be overly verbose with it's own voice too, which is kind of jarring the first time you're expect the Google Assistant voice you have set. I like to keep it at "OK"

Next you tap on the IFTTT "Thing" and let it generate an ID for IFTTT, then just click OK. It's weird the first time you do it, but that will be an identifier in IFTTT for this Stringify Flow.

Now drag a connection between the Google Assistant "Thing" and the IFTTT "Thing". You have to make sure you do it in this order, otherwise the direction for IFTTT will be wrong and you can't complete the flow. If you make a mistake, just drag the "Thing" to the bottom and a trash can will appear so you can delete it, add it back and set it up again.

Lastly, you add the Location, but again this is just an added security measure so someone can't just say unlock my door. I'm not a fan of voice codes, because they can just be heard and used by anyone. Set the location to "Only if - I'm at a location" and then of course set it to your house. You might want to test without the location setting on and then add it later. Otherwise, it won't work until your phone leaves and re-enters the Geo-Fence. However, I have been able to simulate that by powering my phone off and back on.

Name and Enable the flow.

1. Head over to IFTTT and create an applet as follows. If you've used IFTTT, this is pretty straight forward. Obviously, you must enable the Hubitat IFTTT application. In the Stringfiy service (IF This), you'll have a drop-down and in there you should see the name of your Stringfiy Flow with the ID shown in the Stringify IFTTT "Thing" used in your flow.

Set the (Then) to be the lock activation. I like to use virtual switches linked to a lock, but you can use a lock too. I have my lock actions, for example tied to virtual switches that trigger the lock to activate only if a rule is true, which requires the door contact sensor to be engaged.

1. Lastly create a routine in Google Assistant for when you say something like "Hey Google, Unlock the front door" then Google Assistant should send "Tell Stringify unlock front door" or whatever phrase you entered in the Google Assistant "Thing" in Stringify from Step 1.
1 Like

Thanks, I will check this out.

They do not currently support any sensors, locks or garage doors...
We can add a Kettle if you like...

2 Likes

Ironically Google responds properly to my Chamberlain Garage Doors with the MyQ integration. I can actually say "open/close" door x and it will respond correctly. Alexa did not work with "open/close" I had to say turn on/off instead.

cheeky bastards, Chamberlin must have access to some other API, the public Assistant API has none of these device types in it.

I was surprised myself, I am using the below app/driver for integration.

They didn't just add support to for contact sensors and locks? I swear I saw them announce for that. It would also support the fact that contact sensors and locks just started showing up in my Google Home app from my SmartThings system a couple of weeks ago.

Has anyone had google home successfully set their thermostat? If I ask google to (or adjust it on the home hub- excellent interface) it says "sure setting it" and I see no errors in the google home app log on HE but the thermostat is never adjusted. At first I assumed it was adjusting the wrong set point (IE Air con when the heats on) but none get changed. Using the built in zigbee thermostat driver.

You are not wrong. I just tried it with two different thermostats I have (one ONLY does heat) and Google said "OK" but nothing ever changed.

1 Like

Google's energy saving feature.

3 Likes

which thermostat drivers are having issues?

I noticed this too. The setpoint is updated when I issue the command to Google Home, but the heating setpoint does not change.

You all need to identify the thermostat drivers that GH having issues with, that's likely the issue.