Google Home Integration will not sync devices from Hubitat

you don't need to to keep doing that it's already linked to HE hence why you can control your lamps. I need you to open the HE app with the HE logs then select the devices.

then click done and screenshot the logs.

I did try that last night and when I added them by clicking done and saving, I'd go back 30 seconds later and it would revert the changes back to the 5 devices. I then tried recording a video of it but started getting the "Couldn't update the settings. Check your connection." error after.

Now that I'm getting that error, I can not hook Google Home to Hubitat... yet. I hoping I'm able to do that at some point today when it allows me to.

That's why i want to see HE logs it will tell you why, GH logs are useless to us as that's their side

I'd love to hook it up right now, but still getting that error, "Couldn't update the settings. Check your connection."

However, I looked at the previous logs from last night from one of the times I was having the issue and here's what it said (keep in mind this was prior to us changing all the bulbs to "hueBridgeBulbCT" or anything we've done today):

app:552020-09-11 06:06:28.475 pm infouninstalled...
app:552020-09-11 06:05:35.707 pm warnThe following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Living Room, Kitchen]
app:552020-09-11 06:05:24.805 pm infoupdated...
app:552020-09-11 06:05:17.638 pm infoupdated...
app:552020-09-11 06:05:09.304 pm infoupdated...
app:552020-09-11 06:04:08.490 pm infoupdated...
app:552020-09-11 06:03:47.268 pm warndeviceNotFound: Device '63' not found
app:552020-09-11 06:03:44.383 pm infoupdated...
app:552020-09-11 06:02:47.995 pm warnThe following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Outside]
app:552020-09-11 06:02:37.161 pm infoupdated...
app:552020-09-11 05:58:28.260 pm warnThe following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Outside]
app:552020-09-11 05:58:18.409 pm infoupdated...
app:552020-09-11 05:56:00.561 pm warndeviceNotFound: Device '73' not found
app:552020-09-11 05:55:55.048 pm infoupdated...
app:552020-09-11 05:52:59.213 pm warnThe following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Office, Living Room, Dining room, Kitchen, Master Bedroom, Upstairs, Outside]
app:552020-09-11 05:52:54.893 pm infoinstalled...

That was in google home not in Hubitat.

Yes. The only way to hook it up is going through Google Home first before I can access anything or add any devices.

Ok, you have put me under the impression it was already hooked up again, you just couldn't connect the other devices. Have you completed deleted the devices from GH and deleted the app in HE again?

Sorry! Didn't mean too.

Yes, all the devices are completely deleted from Google Home. Google Home also does not show under Apps in Hubitat. Each time I go to Google Home and try to add Hubitat, I receive the error. Someone mentioned it could be from last night from requesting multiple tries for hookup had locked me out for 24 hours.

yes that was me, but took that as adding the others. Ok so now you have everything working on HE side though right? As in you send the value and the lights do what they should. Now we just wait for a bit to get over the rate limit, then all should be good.

Oh yeah! Just need to get Google Home to allow me to reconnect. When I do, I'll be recording the screen just in case.

You need to manually set up Google Home app in Hubitat in order for you to connect from the Google Home phone app. Too many things here are named "Google Home", it is hard to tell which one is being referred to.

Each time I try to set it up, the instructions tell me to load the mobile Google Home app on my phone, which I've been using each time. Still not able to yet.

Let's start at the beginning. You have to add the Google Home app in Hubitat:

Then you select some devices to be controlled by Google Home in the Hubitat app:

The you go into the Google Home app on your phone, and go to Setup Device and select Works with Google. Then scroll down the giant list of supported integrations and select "Hubitat". Once you sign in there, the link should be made.

I can not add Google Home to the Apps..... you have to initially add it from Google Home app from your phone first. Each time you try to add it to Apps, it opens to a page on Hubitat one how to get started with Google Home.
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Google_Home

The problem I'm having as shared by a dev via email to me:

It has been brought to our attention that Google has a problem with not properly clearing prior authorizations. Here is a community post from someone who was experiencing similar issues. It may help you sort out the problems you are experiencing.

Google home app - #2 by helene7t7

@danabw @BorrisTheCat @SteveZed

I wanted to share an update to this post as I've received a response from the Hubitat Devs:

Regarding the Google Home integration issue (not being able to re-connect back to Google Home) is a known bug via Google and to resolve the issue can be found here: Google home app - #2 by helene7t7

Regarding the bulbs not being able to be added from Hubtiat to Google Home.. I received a blanketed response from the dev with really no reply. But, if I were guess my best guess... it is that Hubitat doesn't pass HueGroups with White Bulbs only to Google Home. Hubitat only passes RGB bulbs. I tested a test group with an RGB bulb and White bulb and Google Home would not accept it. The moment I removed the White Only bulb, the group passed to Google Home. Here's the response I received from the dev:

"I am glad that at least your Google Home Integration problem was resolved. The other issue you reported has been referred to our engineering team. Please note that we will reach out to you if additional details about this incident are needed.

Thanks again for your feedback,"

2 Likes

I have figured out how to TRICK Hubitat and Google Home to get these White Only Bulbs and Groups added to Google Home.

In the hueBrdigeGroup of White Bulbs, this is what it currently looks like:

Change to the following settings in the hueBrdigeGroup (adjust then level to what you want the bulbs to be at) "here's my settings": "start with Saturation, Level, Hue, then Color Temperature for it to work correctly"

After I did this, the colorMode changes to "CT" and then I went to Apps > Google Home > then added the group and VOILA, it now shows up under in Google Home!! Seems like a small bug but I think in Hubitat, they need to add the option to change the colorMode in the group for consideration of White Only bulbs.

So this then?

Sorry to necro this thread but I just wanted to chime in and say this totally solved my problem with getting some RGBW bulbs added to my Google Home through Hubitat.

I had the same issues where some bulbs I had added before would register with Google Home, but some newer ones I had just added to Hubitat would not go into Google Home. I simply went into the bulbs on hubitat and made sure I had set values for all of the device options I could (color, color temp, rgb values, hue, saturation, brightness, etc) and clicking the 'button' above each preference to set it. Then, for good measure, I clicked "Save Preferences" to make sure it was saved. Lastly just reconnect/join on Google Home and things added in correctly.

Thanks BorrisTheCat! and ANewHubHasArrived for this thread.

3 Likes

Also necroing this thread to say this still happened to me today and this fix worked and is still relevant. Thanks!