GIRIER Tuya ZigBee 3.0 Light Switch Module, Smart DIY Breaker 1 2 3 4 Gang Supports 2 Way Control

Next time you pair it with Zemismart driver please make a screenshot of the Error log. It’s possible that I have introduced a bug in one of the latest versions, and this is probably the reason why the child devices are not created.

The pairing as a new device must complete obligatory without any errors, otherwise it will not work.

Does this give any clues?

1 Like

Thank you @jshimota ,

Your logs screenshot helped to locate and fix the bug! :slight_smile:
There was a missing comma character in one of the devices fingerprints, something difficult to see ...

What I can't explain to myself is that this bug exists since this driver version 0.2.5 dated 28 May 2022. So it should have been noticed long time ago..

Anyway, please update to the new version 0.2.14 and then pair the switch again. Let me know if it creates the correct number of child devices (2) and whether the individual switches control is working.

Looked a ton better. still... got an error on line 68 -

But the result is still bad - if I have the Zemi driver loaded, even a power off at the circuit breaker then power on - I can't push the reset button on the unit. it just sits with no activity as if it's gone dead. I can't affect the parent or child. as soon as I switch to the Generic, I can make it switch but as you already know, I get no state response so its useless as a driver.
When the unit is using the driver Generic, I can cause it to reset with a physical push of the reset button for 5 seconds. I can try to re-pair but once the Zemi driver gets attached it gets locked up, both physically and emotionally (kidding. just software). I reviewed the code carefully and don't see much but I'm concerned about the cluster 01, I think it's necessary for a refresh which the code causes once it id's the children. Am I missing the intent? Not sure what else to say! I'm here to try/test/work. let me know what you want or need if I can be of any help.

1 Like

Your device has not sent any responses to HE after the initial Zigbee pairing to HE hub, seems like it is in some kind of locked state... Can you try to factory reset it? Probably pressing one of the buttons for > 30 seconds, or disconnecting it from the mains power line for several minutes may help.

It is probably better to wait for the next tests until the weekend, when I will have the chance to test with a very similar switch.

1 Like

I can give that a try . sure. more anecdotal info - this morning. my environment was completely confused. I had devices showing on dashboard as on but were off (an ewelink outlet), bulbs showing as 40% but group it belongs to showing at 80%, Bulbs showing as on that were not, and all motions sensors stopped reporting any motion.
I read that as 'your zigbee network is F*(*ked. Doing the old trick where you turn off your hub for 15 mins and then restart - I've done that every week or so for a long time. Because these units are repeaters, I theorize that the driver hanging up the device, hangs up more than that - I switched off of it in the hub for both units (recall I have one that seems perfectly fine). I've heard rumor on reddit that tuya can be problematic on repeaters. Before I put the units into my network, I had zero problems. theory of course.

More raw data. after a hub reboot, the logs were normal, watching 'Initialize' on numerous devices, then there was this:

Device 87 is the 2nd (problematic) 2 chan relay thats not acting right. prior to this reboot, I turned all Zemi drivers off, and went to Generic. Debug is only turned on for the problematic unit.
Another theory, the first unit was working what seemed okay when it was the only unit in the mesh, I wonder if there is an interaction between them? the reddit discussion seems to imply Tuya is doing some tuya specific routing/networking...
XCTU show's both units, and they actually look really good in the mesh.. (HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE)

1 Like

Hi!

Did the problem get solved, is it working now?
I am looking at this one, the two gang model, but if it does not work, I am afraid to build more to my “not working drawer”… :joy:

SEK 158.70 30% Off | GIRIER Tuya ZigBee 3.0 Smart Dimmer Switch Module 10A, Supports 2 Way Control Dimmable Switch, Work with Alexa Alice Google Home
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0MPcUS

hey @rogerthat - there is a discrepency between the device your asking about and the unit I worked with - Your device your asking about is dimmable. I never acquired the dimmable units BUT I WANT TO KNOW! The work of @kkossev was awesome, and my TUYA devices (I now have about 6) are working perfectly! I have pure 'switch' only - no dimmables of that unit.
And to add to the confusion, the Girier devices I have which came up as switches, are showing as eWeLink - and the driver I wrote for eWeLink outlets auto-populated and work perfectly out of the box. I never tried to flip my driver over to @kkossev instead (eWeLink is related to the Tuya products also but I can't describe that connection)

If you go for it, try both the 1ch and 2ch version. I would love to get off the enbrighten units (dimable) that I use (about 8) at 40 bux a whack for a 15 unit. no brainer!

2 Likes

Interesting.... I'm looking for a z-wave micro switch alternative as trying to remove z-wave. See initial post here:

Having seen the Girier mentioned I found these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005004774157762.html

@kkossev any thoughts here? I'm interested in the power monitoring as I'm looking to drive a hot ub recirculation pump with it.

Thanks

I've just ordered a couple for testing.

Power monitoring should work for these switches using the Tuya Zigbee Metering Plug driver.... providing the new switches do not come with the new SoC, that do not stay connected to Hubitat.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll let you all know the results.

Excited to report that after only 24 days, I have received my Girier Tuya Dimmable 1 and 2 gang units! very excited to re-wire some boxes. Sadly, can't get to this right away - hopefully sometime next week.

1 Like

These work perfectly!

1 Like

crap! So I got the dimmable version - 1 gang devices to start. They aren't working quite right - I swapped drivers out, going through the list of 'dimmable' switches - two worked. sort of. there is some form of button functionality built in, i have to throw the attached dumb on/off switch twice to toggle the light.
Worse, if you dim, it works, but as you dim, farther, the '100 doesn't really go to 100 anymore, it goes to a lesser value. Opening the driver (using Markus Presence dimmer switch) which works best I see some code that I can't fathom - it seems there are 2 entries for dimming calculation- bigInt and Decimal. I think its a coding error. Regardless... heres the fingerprint:
COPY AND PASTE THIS ROW TO THE DEVELOPER: fingerprint model:"TS110E", manufacturer:"_TZ3210_k1msuvg6", profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0004,0005,0003,0006,0008,EF00,0000", outClusters:"0019,000A", application:"40"

I know @kkossev is working on a ton of projects but for 7 dollars, this thing is awesome as a replacement choice for the expensive GE enbrightens and I hope he takes his Tuya knowledge and slaps it onto this!

Hi @jshimota ,

Please create a new thread for this dimmer device, as the OP topic was related to a simple on/off switch. Dimmers need another driver.

Is / Could this device be supported?

1CH Zigbee Module Switch NO Neutral Module-L

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 44
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_msxs2bv5
  • model: TS0011

Looks similar to the above but when paired It doesnt do anything,....

Did you try the HE inbuilt 'Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch' already?

You can also try the Zemismart ZigBee Wall Switch Multi-Gang driver.

yes, tried all 3. It pairs and responds with descmap.
Maybe dumb question, as this is my first relay: Is this relay voltage dependent? Mine says 200-240V while I am in the US with 120V.

It depends on how the step-down converter that powers the relay is made ... some switches are rated 90-230V, some not.

With the Zemismart driver assigned and the Debug logs switched on, please pair the switch again to HE and copy/paste the debug logs. You can enclose the long logs into a Summary section using the editor cog wheel tool.

Can't find any info on the net for _TZ3000_msxs2bv5 , probably it is a new manufacturer.
Can you post a link to the site where it was purchased?