Giderwel / Gledopto RGBCCT 2-ID Controller

Just wanted to mention that I have not forgotten about this. Was busy with travel and whatnot around the Turkey Day holiday and I'm working on it again. Had to redo a bit of it as things have changed from what I was used to on ST, but I think it's actually been for the best. Soon(ish).

This one is not. It doesn't even appear to support level transition time. I haven't tried the color cluster yet, but I am not holding my breath. It's relatively cheap though, so it's got that going for it.

2 Likes

Any progress on getting your driver up and running? I too ordered one of these 2-ID drivers and LED strip and would love to get it working with HE.
Thanks for what you do!

Yes. Sorry it's been a matter of free time. I picked a bad time to start working on it with the holidays and the "real job" eating my time. I'll try to finish it up as soon as I can. I need it as well for my own kitchen lighting installation :smiley: It does 100% work, just have to implement a handful more methods and push to Github.

1 Like

Hi.
I have this one, not tried yet, if anyone need me to try out something? Could this be the mini controller that is listed in the latest 2.1.8.115 firmware?
Here is the image with part#:

The controller inside have this on the back:

Will try a bit later this evening. Lets see what happens... :slight_smile:
RogerThat

Hi again!

Great news, it worked like a charm!!!

Just set the HE in Zigbee discover, plug in the USB power, and thats it.

Found and recognized it without a glitch. Here is the result of what HE did automatically, and it works on all channels. Set the temp to 6500K and only the white lits up. Looking good to me so far!

Hope this helps out with a few questions for you all?
This is just a quick connection test, no usage of it yet. Have to tape it behind the TV first, then get some feeling with it. Colors worked too, by the way, and turned off the white channel when it went into color mode. :slight_smile:

The product on AliX is as follows:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32883526359.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.23a24c4d5iZFou

What I need to add is that the range on these is limited. You need a signal repeater to have them reach over 4 meters with some walls between. I had to open the HE location drawer and open the door to the kitchen before it was able to reach the hub. Hehe, but if it is not descovered, get closer or turn it on where you have a repeater in you mesh, I guess. :wink:

RogerThat

1 Like

I've just bought one of the 2-ID versions... Hoping darling @mitchp will post his driver soon..
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Mine ended up under the kitchen cupboards instead. Working flawless with the lightning apps and a Xiaomi motion detector! :ok_hand:

Could someone comment on how the GLEDOPTO Mini controller behaves when turning on/off. Is it possible to get it to fade in and out like Hue bulbs do or does it just turn on and off immediately?

Hi.

It fades out in about 3-4 seconds, but goes to 100 under a second when turning on. Have not tested to make a rule to fade in or out but the driver supports fading up and down, so I guess you can make a rule to get exactly what you want, within a time frame you like. :+1:
RogetThat

1 Like

Great, thanks!

I was asking because many lights are not great at fading on/off - e.g. Osram/Sylvania bulbs do support fading on/off, but it's not really smooth, i.e. they will dim down to like 40 % and then abruptly turn off.

HI again.
It fades very smooth all the way to zero. No stepping, so it is very smooth.
RogerThat

1 Like

I'm going to get a RGB+CCT controller, have some questions before deciding which one to go

For 2id controller, using the Generic RGBW driver, the only id shown up will be for white color? or will be for RGB?

What's the advantage of having 2id? (assuming with a hue hub or 2id driver will be available)
It can have RGB chips and white chips turned on at the same time and increase total brightness?
However, the overall color will become washed out by the white color?

Yes you can turn them both on at the same time...to mix the amount of brightness and colour. Actually they are quite good in my opinion. But do note that both Ids will not connect to HE. They do both connect to a Hue hub and then you can control them from HE via that. Someone was building a device driver for the 2ID controller but then it went dark and never got completed as far as I could tell....

I just wanted to follow up here. I added a new gledopto and instead of connecting to my Hue, I connected directly to HE. It's a 2-ID device, and both white (cold/warm) and color work out of the box.

Oh, that's new. I don't recall seeing support for the 2-ID device announced. @mike.maxwell is this now supported OOTB?

2.1.7 looks to be it

1 Like

But that doesn't specify the 2-ID device which Mike had earlier said was non standard and a pain, hence his decision to not support it as far as I knew...

Hello guys, any news about the driver for this Gledopto controller with 2 IDs? I have four of these here that I need to pair with HE
COPY AND PASTE THIS ROW TO THE DEVELOPER: fingerprint model:"GL-C-007", manufacturer:"GLEDOPTO", profileId:"C05E", endpointId:"0B", inClusters:"0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,0300", outClusters:"", application:"01"

Works ok with Hue hub. I've seen various posts with people saying they were working on this or had a solution but never saw a definitive post or code posted.

They work fine with Hubitat. Both RGB and CW/WW