Giderwel / Gledopto RGBCCT 2-ID Controller

Is there much difference that you know of between the Giderwel controller and the Fibro FGRGBW-442? I know the Giderwel is a lot cheaper which is a big plus.

Update : I just found a you tube video on the Fibro that showed the ports and it looks like it can do RGB+W but not RGB+W+WW like the Giderwel can.

Thanks.

Did you get the 1id or 2id controller?

Thanks

@mitchp , were you able to get your initial driver working with your setup? If you need someone to help test I would be happy to.

The 2 ID controller. The driver is coming along well, with both endpoints populated as child devices with separate control of RGB and white. Just had some "fun" at the vet yesterday and didn't have time to work on finishing it up. I'm trying not to lift code from the existing RGBW driver (license not specified) out on Github as I would like to do this clean and release under an Apache 2.0 license.

4 Likes

Thanks, hope everything went well at the vet!

Fabulous news! I'm looking forward to trying it on my device.

@mitchp, I wanted to check-in to see if you were at the point of needing some external testing. I have a number of Gledopto 2ID's that I can test against. I'd love to help out where ever I can.

I just noticed this in the release notes for 2.1.7

New tested devices:

• GLEDOPTO Mini Zigbee RGB+CCT Controller using Generic ZigBee RGBW Light

I am curious if this applies to the 2ID version. I’ll look to test this when I am back home but if anyone else tests it out please post an update.

I suspect it means the 1-ID device, given what Mike stated before.

Yeah, I can confirm the 2nd ID is still not found. Hohum. Anyway I just bought another Hue hub (because I'm going to set up their sync box) so I'm going to try to load the device into that. I understand it supports both ID's.

I had a Hue hub that was working with my Gledopto until it died. I received a replacement and it too has issues. Keeps dropping off my network. I have another support request in for a replacement, but would much rather have native support on HE than dealing with Hue. BTW, they have the worst support imaginable.

Unlikely running the device on HE is going to fix this...

I read it to mean the hub keeps dropping off his network not the device?

Correct, the Hue Hub Bridge will drop off the network. Even if I hit the web interface of it it drops off the network for ~30 seconds. The HE is solid, so is the Zigbee network.

Strange. My Hue hub at another property is solid as a rock. That's one of the reasons I've just bought this next one, and because I want to set up the Gledopto 2-ID as part of a Hue Sync set up. Hopefully it will work fine!

Mike, Do you know if this device works as a repeater? Is it important to put this on a seperate hub to keep from having Zigbee issues like with so many bulbs?

Thanks.

I have no idea, I don't have any experience with this device.

XCTU shows this as a router.

I can confirm the Philips Hue Hub connects to the 2-ID device and shows both channels (white and colour) which can be controlled separately. Works perfectly!

Ouch, well that sucks. While the Gledopto 2-ID works fine with the Hue Hub, it's not possible to use it in an Entertainment Area, which is needed for Hue Sync to work. It seems Philips restricts the Entertainment Area to only work with their approved lamps (which I bet means just their stuff) supposedly because their lamps are enhanced for more rapid synchronisation. Frankly, to me, it smacks of an annoying BS marketing tactic to sell more of their expensive sh1t. Unimpressed.