Giderwel / Gledopto RGBCCT 2-ID Controller

I think this is probably just a bad translation. I've found discussion elsewhere stating that it is two endpoints, which makes a lot more sense. I have one coming this week that I'm going to play around with since I am apparently a glutton for punishment.

Yeah, but if HE won't see and allow connection to the 2nd ID/Endpoint when initially connecting the device, then there is nothing we can do, right? And from what Mike has said, Gledopto's employed a strange approach that he's not interested in prioritising for HE.

(I assume) the generic drivers are just not written to take a 2nd endpoint into account. If it really is just an extra endpoint, then I should be able to write a driver to deal with that (child devices, I'm thinking). At least I could on that other platform. We will see!

I'm bored and haven't had a chance to write a useful driver since the keypad on ST, so I'm hoping that I'm right :grimacing:

1 Like

@mitchp Possibly, but it never seemed to pick up the other endpoint for me. If it had, I could have configured it as two devices

It would appear to be one device. The driver would need to know to either create child devices for each or would have to handle which commands went to which endpoint. The Iris Keyfob, for example, is a multi-endpoint device (one per button) that appears as a single device.

Just wanted to voice my support for the 2ID Gledopto. I too got the color channel working but the white channel is absent from my HE. If I could avoid the Hue Hub it would be a huge win!

No promises, but mine comes tomorrow and, time and SO allowing, I'll be banging away on it tomorrow after work.

2 Likes

Here's hoping it's an easy solution for you (and SO let's you work on it). I'm looking forward to an updated post from you!!

Paired it up at lunch. One device, two endpoints (third is for touchlink commissioning, so disregard).

{"0B":{"endpointId":"0B","profileId":"C05E","inClusters":"0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,0300","outClusters":null,"manufacturer":"GLEDOPTO","model":"GL-C-007"},
"0F":{"endpointId":"0F","profileId":"C05E","inClusters":"0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,0300","outClusters":null,"manufacturer":null,"model":null},
"0D":{"endpointId":"0D","profileId":"C05E","inClusters":"1000","outClusters":"1000","manufacturer":null,"model":null}}

It's not as crazy a design as was speculated. Although I think they use the same model # for the 1-ID and the 2-ID in firmware, which is just lazy.

So does this mean it's doable? Can I cancel my Hue Hub order? :wink:

It is certainly doable. Whether or not you cancel the Hue bridge order is up to you. There are still some benefits that has that might make it worthwhile.

Consider it cancelled! I can't wait to see what you come up with. will you be updating this thread or posting elsewhere?

I'll post here then maybe a new thread once I'm satisfied that everything is as it should be, code- and functionality-wise. I'm thinking one parent device, two child devices. Kind of like the Hampton Bay fan controller does with the lights and fan. Relevant commands sent to the parent would affect both children (on/off, level, etc.) while still retaining individual control via the child devices.

3 Likes

Awesome. So excited to see if we can get this great device supported. Thank you for your work on this!

LED strip came today so now I can confirm that control is working as it should. I just have a rough sketch of a driver right now, but may have something to share tonight or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Multiple endpoints under one address aren't an issue, we have several drivers that use multiple endpoints and create the appropriate number of child devices to represent them.

Multiple network addresses for the same device?, that's an issue...

Which LED strips are people using? I'm looking to get some IP67 stips to use on our deck and was looking at RGB+W+WW strips or just RGB+W. Also I've only ever used the OSRAM strips with their own controller which powers the strips too, but I'm guessing the the Giderwel an external 24volt supply is needed? Thanks.

Yes.

I'm using this strip.

1 Like

Great work! I can’t wait to try out the driver.

I'm using this one, as part of the kit I bought including the 2-ID Gledopto controller...

GLEDOPTO zigbeeZLL link smart LED Strip Set Kit rgbcct ZIGBEE controller for dc24vRGB+CCT waterproof strip light work with alexa
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/oBuwgSJA

The only thing I'd say is that the led's are spaced out quite far so the light will not be that smooth I think, depending on the exact application.