Giderwel / Gledopto RGBCCT 2-ID Controller

The 2-ID ones? Are you sure? Both channels? Last time I checked mine HE only found 1 channel.

Yes, the 2-id ones. Iโ€™ll post the model later today

1 Like

@mjcocat Please can you send the driver ?

• endpointId: 0B
  • application: 01
  • model: GL-C-008
  • manufacturer: GLEDOPTO

Type: Generic ZigBee RGBW Light

This is the default driver, works great on 1 ID, but on 2 ID does not work

Exactly.

Any news about the driver? I thought it would not be impossible to do because the hue bridge can identify the 2 ids

Using the standard Nue Zigbee Switch driver and Virtual Device Sync I managed to do that

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IdR-ePbcuULmJTjyltZ73B9fhbFJyLQq

but I can't change the driver of the child devices to be rgb and ww

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V9vw6dSOp4JWMgvip7_w6zjM1et1Ps5Q/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RA0ysOLO0e95nVgNnbIhnhyAMqjbImaZ/view?usp=drivesdk

Nice, I set the driver to the standard "Nue Zigbee Switch", hit configure, then using the component devices I can turn the RGB and the White on/off separately. So seems the 2ID does pair in a way that you can control both RGB and White separately -- just need the appropriate driver to set the actual color and CT. @mitchp did you get anywhere with your driver?

1 Like

Maybe if we mix the Nue driver with an RGBWW driver, making it create the childs devices RGBWW

I don't think the Nue driver is on github. I did manage to create a very draft driver that works for the 2ID version. It works and can control the RGB and W channels separately. It simply takes @mike.maxwell's "Generic ZigBee RGBW Light" driver and adds commands for OnWhite, OffWhite, LevelWhite, SetColorTemperatureWhite that issue the commands to the "0F" endpoint (white) instead of the "0B" (RGB) endpoint. No child devices. The draft/prototype is not a very usable driver unless you use RuleMachine to issue custom commands, but enough for me to confirm that I should keep the 2ID and order another one for a second project I'll be needing.

The right way is to create two child devices, one for RGBW and another for CT, issuing commands to the OB and 0F endponts respectively, but I'm not the most efficient coder and don't have time right now to figure out child devices. :frowning: I can take a stab at it sometime in the future if someone doesn't get to first.

I just installed the GIDERWEL Zigbee LED Controller RGBCCT 1-ID controller (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FTD9H7T) and configured with "Generic Zigbee RWBW Light" as @RogerThat has posted previously in this thread (Giderwel / Gledopto RGBCCT 2-ID Controller). The control of the lights works, I can change brightness level and color. When white temperature is changed strip changes from the set color to the white. However, the white temperature setting seems to be opposite to what is expected. The when set to ~6000K light is very yellow and when temp is set to ~2700K light is very white (day light)? Does anyone have a suggestion what may be wrong with my setup?

Try to swap C and W wires.

1 Like

@jarys - thank you for the suggestion, it worked. Wondering why the wires have to be switched? Is this because of this specific LED strip or there is something wrong (to be set) in the Generic Zigbee RWBW Light device driver.

hi , im new to hubitat , this thread has kinda confused me.. can someone clear up if the Gledeopto RGBCCT 2id (GL-C-008) works correctly out of the box with something like the colour bulb dashboard app now?
or link an beginners guide to setting up a driver/app to control both rgb and ww/cw as separate items?

Default RGBW driver doesn't work for 2id properly (or you lose the benefit of 2id). It will appear as 1 RGBW bulb and you can still control the color but I think one of the white LED is always on (forgot exactly since I've moved it to Hue Bridge)

The only definitive way to make it work is to pair it to a Hue Bridge and then Hubitat.

In Hue app, it will appear as 1 RGBW color strip and 1 CCT light bulb. You can control the color and individually turn on the white LED to give more brightness (but also wash out the color).
Pair Hue Bridge to Hubitat using the built-in Hue Bridge Integration app, then you will see 1 RGBW bulb and 1 CCT bulb in devices as well.

Picked up Hue starter kit cheap from Home Depot when on clearance, so I'm good now.
You can also find Hue Bridge individually for cheap from ebay, if in US, that will save you a lot of headache trying to get it to work with Hubitat.
You then have option to add more bulbs through Hue. Hue Bridge doesn't use cloud which is a plus compared to other hubs.

Do wish there will be a driver for 2id so I can get direct connection to Hubitat.

Yes, as per the above they connect nicely to Hue but do not with the HE last time I tried, despite a few posts to the contrary on here from people saying they've achieved a 2-ID connection. Hue hubs are dirt cheap 2nd hand anyway, and absolutely bullet proof so it works great for me. This way I keep my lamps on their own zigbee mesh to avoid messing up anything else.

For what it's worth I gave up trying to use these with SmartThings and then HE directly and stuck to a Hue bridge. Using the Advanced Hue Integration app and HE to control all my Osram switches and the actions it all works really well.

I have now upgraded from the beige Gledopto to the Gledopto Pro (black case) and the difference in speed of response and the minimal dimming is quite noticeable. I have not even tried pairing the Pros to HE and instead moved all my controllable lighting to the Hue for device management and use HE for control through the link.

@mitchp Any chance you push what you have so far on the driver to github and let others possibly work on it to finish it up?

@jtracy, I wrote my own driver and just released it.

2 Likes