I have been patiently waiting for some solution to "pop up" in the community since the release of iOS 13. I have seen a couple of references but there never seems to be an adequate solution.
Here is my issue:
This seemed to start when I upgraded to iOS 13 a while back (I keep my devices updated). The HE app reports change of presence on both my and my wife's iPhone randomly and frequently with no obvious pattern. They are both iPhone 11 Pros. This issue has made presence completely unreliable and unusable. I have had to disable all presence rules as a result. I waited and watched the community to see if others were having problems and I saw a few references but nothing definitive and with no real solutions.
Here is a recap of what I have done to diagnose the problem:
I keep the latest version of the HE app updated. I have checked location services and it is set to "Always On". I have checked "Background App Refresh" for the HE App and it is set to "On". I have deleted and re-downloaded the app and reattached it to the existing hub and device. Nothing worked....
Today I got radical.
- I removed my iPhone device From the over 30 rules that were referenced
- Deleted the iPhone device from Hubitat.
- Deleted the App from my iPhone.
- Rebooted the iPhone
- Reset network settings on the iPhone (then reattached to the wifi network and renamed my iPhone back to its original name)
- Verified that the GPS was working properly in the iPhone with a diagnostic app (GPS was solid as a rock over a 1 hour period).
- Re-downloaded the app from the App Store
- Reinstalled it and set it up from scratch (Allowed location services "Always On")
- Checked "Background App Refresh" (ON)
- Verified that the device was created on the hub (all good)
- Sent a GeoEvent from the app
- Manually switched presence from present to not present from the devices entry on the hub (worked fine)
- Tested text notifications (worked fine)
- Created a new rule to notify me when presence changes.
- Sat at the kitchen bar and waited....
Only had to wait about 10 minutes and "Bam" I was suddenly not present and outside of the geofence. When I went back into the app it showed me inside with my blue dot and red pin perfectly aligned. Over the last hour, presence has transitioned 4 times outside of the geofence and back. The phone has not moved from its position at the kitchen bar.
What am I missing? Is it just me (and my wife) or is anybody else having this painful issue and just not talking about it?
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am at a loss....