Generic Z-wave lock

Sorry for the confusion, I used the keypad pictures instead the lock, I believed they were the same way.

The next platform update will have support in RM for the keypads.
Locks will follow but may or may not be in 1.1.4, I'm still finishing the events for the lock drivers, which will have updates in the next release.

1 Like

Awesome.

Request for @bravenel, the lock does not seem to pass any of the code information through “link to hub” to “hub link”. It only seems to pass if the device was locked or unlocked. I have my two hubitat hubs linked, and each have locks associated with them. It would be nice to have my master hub have access to user code info from the slave hub for notifications and RM.

Obviously doesn’t matter yet... just thinking ahead. :wink:

Thanks

We'll see. It's a somewhat case.

Yeah, just tried with the new HE 2.0 update adding locks for the first time. Not a pleasant experience thus far and reverted locks back to SmartThings. Don't know what's going on w/ the pairing but I moved all repeaters to HE before trying.

My schlage zwave lock has been solid for sometime now. I thought something was wrong yesterday, I however changed the batteries and everything returned to normal.

I literally just changed the batteries before migration.. They report 99-100% (I have 3 locks). Checked FW and is 6.8 & 7.1. Not sure what else to do. Mesh seems fine as I have a switch and outlet in a 10ft radius of the lock..

One thing to note, for me at least, this lock is always a bear to pair. Whether inST or hubitat. I always have to the exclude pair dance several times before it becomes operational. Also have to have the lock and hub VERY close together.

I have been very happy with it since moving to hubitat, as once I got my mesh stable it has not fallen off. ST would drop it constantly.

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately it's been super stable and pairing was easy on ST (no issues whatsoever). I do use RBoy's Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler on ST.

1 Like

Just applied the hotifx and my finicky lock is behaving as expected w/ HE. Havent tried LCM but will do so shortly after I migrate my locks to HE.

Mine Still doesn't update the lock status unless I click refresh . Good thing its just a lock for testing. Tried 2 more of the same model and same problem.

which model?

Just an old boring Schlage BE369 I have 3 of them . Configure works, Getting Lock Codes works. Status never updates unless you click refresh after locking or unlocking. I have paired and repaired. Changed Secure Join All Secure Z-Wave and rebooted than repaired. Maybe I'll try it one more time ..

that won't do it, don't bother.

try this though (we might not be catching the return data correctly)
in the driver, enable debug logging, open live logging, go to the lock and lock or unlock it (do the opposite of what state it's in), post me a screen shot of what the logs spit out, also identify if you locked or unlocked it.
Then do the same for the opposite of the above...

Unfortunately Nothing appears in the Live Logging when I manually move the deadbolt to lock to unlocked or when I enter a code on the door lock keypad

It doesn't appear in the in the live logs when I click lock or unlock from the device refresh page and it will change the lock status then. I can send this if you like?
It does appear in the device events when I do this.

I had a problem with this lock with another system when it wasn't associated with group 2 or 1 can't remember but it wouldn't update the status then either.

Yeah, if that indeed was the issue, that would do it.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. There is no log of my schlage zwave lock unlocking/locking or recording which lock code was used. I've even found that the only way I could unlock/lock the lock and have the status updated properly is by sending the lock/unlock command and then sending a refresh command to the lock. I want to make it so that I'm notified as to which lock code is used.

1 Like

Does anyone have a driver example that has been verified working with the schlage be369?
Having that example I might be able to fix our driver, otherwise I'll actually need the actual lock to futz with.

My issue is with the be469. Not sure if the drivers are any different.

It worked prior to ver 1.17. In which I'm not sure what changed after 1.16. I have a spare lock I can send if we cant figure it out otherwise.

I do have 2 other locks on my Homeseer System but cant see much device information on it.