GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Plug with 2 USB Ports (3.4A Shared), 2 Individually Controlled Outlets

Is the GE dual outlet (link below) fully supported to control the two outlets independently? Thank you.

This is a little late in posting but mine shows up as a Z-Wave smart dimmer. It mostly functions however it does not seem to turn completely off for some reason.

Needs a custom driver.

Would be easy to make, as I've remade all of the other GE drivers for devices I own adding in the missing config items/features.

I have a 14280 (non-independent outlet control version), but I don't have one of these devices, though, so someone else would have to tackle the driver creation. Looking at the command class and config parameters supported, though, it is probably a 15 minute job.

Side note, the device supports double tap scenes/commands from the on/off button. That's kind of funny. Not sure what someone would use that for on a device like this that is hard to reach (typically - if in a wall outlet), but that should be added to the custom driver as well for completeness.

Is there a ST driver for this already? Could port that real fast.

I just tried using this driver:

But still getting the same behavior - light does not fully switch off.

Interesting. Wish I had one of these to look at real quick. Probably just need to dump it to OFF at some min level or something - there are other drivers that need that, too.

I assume that this driver doesn't give you independent control of the two outlets though? (I didn't look through the code).

EDIT: Also, are you sure you have the same model? The 28177 shouldn't support dimming at all, based on the manufacturer specs? Do you maybe have the 28175?

Sorry! I have the 14280. Not independently controllable..

Ah! I have a few of those. I'll take a peek at the driver this weekend. I have a custom one for it I haven't published yet.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, though, the GE Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Driver is probably all you need.

1. Can you describe in more detail under what circumstances it doesn't seem to turn off?
  2. Does it fully turn off if you use the physical button on the device?

It never turns off completely tried it with all sorts of different drivers including straight switches. There is a dull flickering in the LED bulb - noticed it this morning when walking down the hall. Have just replaced it with an IRIS plug and all is well. Maybe the unit is defective.

Gotcha. Yeah, that sounds like a defective device - or super sensitive led lights... I would think it is the dimmer though.

I have this dimmer and have one GE LED lamp hooked to it. Never shuts off. Drives the wife mad.. Think all of them are like this. Im wondering if i need to hook more load to it for the off to work.

1 Like

That's good to know thanks! It may be also be that the led light is too sensitive or something. Did you try a different bulb?

It is weird... I have two 14280, on both I have one led bulb on each outlet - so 2 led bulb per device.

On mine they turn off as expected.

I only had one LED light in an outlet so maybe that's it.

I have the 28175 with 2 Individually Controlled Outlets. I'd like to use this to independently control my 2 Night Stand Lamps. If you "Double Tap" the physical button, outlet 2 will toggle. How would I go about creating drivers that would enable this double tap feature in the HE driver?

1 Like

This post seemed to end awhile back with no resolution, I just ordered my first HE (Switching from Wink) and am hoping to use the GE Enbrighten Plug with 2 Individually Controlled Outlets, Model 28177. IS there a way to make this work? I am new and as I don't even have the HE yet, I have yet to wrap my head around how everything works. Thank you all in advance for your help.

I have this device and it works ok. I sometimes get weird reporting from it.

You have to select the device type as Generic Zwave Smart Dimmer. I don't have individual control though of the outlets. It just dims both outlets together.

Picked up a 28175 (ZW3106), GE Two Outlet Smart Dimmer plus Two USB .

28175.EP.07

Found these ST Drivers

Parent

/**

• GE Smart Dual Channel Dimmer (28175)
  • Author: Thomas Slaymaker (sudoursa)
  • Date: 2018-12-06
  • Copyright 2018 Thomas Slaymaker
  • Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
  • in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
  •  http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

• Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
  • on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
  • for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

*/

metadata {
definition(name: "Z-Wave GE Dual Dimmer", namespace: "sudoursa", author: "Thomas Slaymaker") {
capability "Switch Level"
capability "Actuator"
capability "Indicator"
capability "Switch"
capability "Polling"
capability "Refresh"
capability "Sensor"
capability "Health Check"

fingerprint mfr: "0063", prod: "5044", model: "3132", deviceJoinName: "Z-Wave GE Dual Outlet Dimmer"
}

tiles(scale: 2) {
    multiAttributeTile(name: "switch", type: "lighting", width: 6, height: 4, canChangeIcon: true) {
        tileAttribute("device.switch", key: "PRIMARY_CONTROL") {
            attributeState "on", label: '${name}', action: "switch.off",
                    icon: "st.switches.switch.on", backgroundColor: "#00a0dc", nextState: "turningOff"
            attributeState "off", label: '${name}', action: "switch.on",
                    icon: "st.switches.switch.off", backgroundColor: "#ffffff", nextState: "turningOn"
            attributeState "turningOn", label: '${name}', action: "switch.off",
                    icon: "st.switches.switch.on", backgroundColor: "#00a0dc", nextState: "turningOff"
            attributeState "turningOff", label: '${name}', action: "switch.on",
                    icon: "st.switches.switch.off", backgroundColor: "#ffffff", nextState: "turningOn"
        }
        tileAttribute("device.level", key: "SLIDER_CONTROL") {
            attributeState "level", action: "switch level.setLevel"
        }
    }

childDeviceTile("outlet1", "outlet1", height: 2, width: 2, childTileName: "switch")
    childDeviceTile("outlet2", "outlet2", height: 2, width: 2, childTileName: "switch") 
    childDeviceTile("levelSliderControl1", "outlet1", height: 2, width: 2, childTileName: "level")
    childDeviceTile("levelSliderControl2", "outlet2", height: 2, width: 2, childTileName: "level")
    standardTile("refresh", "device.switch", width: 2, height: 2, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
        state "default", label: '', action: "refresh.refresh", icon: "st.secondary.refresh"
    }

main("switch")
    details(["switch", "outlet1", "levelSliderControl1", "refresh", "outlet2", "levelSliderControl2"])
}

}

void installed() {
initialize()
}

private initialize() {
log.debug "initialize()"
// outlet one
addChildDevice(
"Z-Wave GE Dual Dimmer Outlet",
"${device.deviceNetworkId}-ep1",
null,
[completedSetup:true, label:"${device.displayName} (CH1)", isComponent:true, componentName:"outlet1", componentLabel:"Outlet 1"
])
// outlet two
addChildDevice(
"Z-Wave GE Dual Dimmer Outlet",
"${device.deviceNetworkId}-ep2",
null,
[completedSetup:true, label:"${device.displayName} (CH2)", isComponent:true, componentName:"outlet2", componentLabel:"Outlet 2"
])
}

def updated() {
log.debug "Updated with settings: ${settings}"
if (device.label != state.oldLabel) {
childDevices.each {
if (it.label == "${state.oldLabel} (CH${channelNumber(it.deviceNetworkId)})") {
def newLabel = "${device.displayName} (CH${channelNumber(it.deviceNetworkId)})"
it.setLabel(newLabel)
it.save()
}
}
state.oldLabel = device.label
}
}

def parse(String description) {
def result =
def cmd = zwave.parse(description)
if (cmd) {
result += zwaveEvent(cmd)
log.debug "Parsed ${cmd} to ${result.inspect()}"
} else {
log.debug "Non-parsed event: ${description}"
}
return result
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicSet cmd, value=null) {
log.debug "BasicSet ${cmd} with a child of ${value}"
def result = createEvent(name: "switch", value: cmd.value ? "on" : "off", type: "digital")
def cmds =
cmds << encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet(), 1)
cmds << encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet(), 2)
return [result, response(commands(cmds))] // returns the result of response()
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.switchmultilevelv3.SwitchMultilevelReport cmd, ep = null) {
log.debug "SwitchMultilevelReport ${cmd} - ep${ep}"
if (ep) {
def event
def childDevice = childDevices.find {
it.deviceNetworkId == "$device.deviceNetworkId-ep$ep"
}
if (childDevice) {
childDevice.sendEvent(name: "switch", value: cmd.value ? "on" : "off")
if (cmd.value && cmd.value <= 100) {
childDevice.sendEvent(name: "level", value: cmd.value == 99 ? 100 : cmd.value)
}
}
if (cmd.value) {
event = [createEvent([name: "switch", value: "on"])]
} else {
def allOff = true
childDevices.each {
n ->
if (n.currentState("switch").value != "off") allOff = false
}
if (allOff) {
event = [createEvent([name: "switch", value: "off"])]
} else {
}
}
return event
} else {
def result = createEvent(name: "switch", value: cmd.value ? "on" : "off", type: "digital")
def cmds =
cmds << encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet(), 1)
cmds << encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet(), 2)
return [result, response(commands(cmds))] // returns the result of response()
}
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.multichannelv3.MultiChannelCmdEncap cmd) {
log.debug "MultiChannelCmdEncap ${cmd}"
def encapsulatedCommand = cmd.encapsulatedCommand([0x32: 3, 0x25: 1, 0x20: 1])
if (encapsulatedCommand) {
zwaveEvent(encapsulatedCommand, cmd.sourceEndPoint as Integer)
}
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicReport cmd) {
log.debug "BasicReport ${cmd} - ep${ep}"
if (ep) {
def event
childDevices.each {
childDevice ->
if (childDevice.deviceNetworkId == "$device.deviceNetworkId-ep$ep") {
childDevice.sendEvent(name: "switch", value: cmd.value ? "on" : "off")
}
}
if (cmd.value) {
} else {
def allOff = true
childDevices.each {
n ->
if (n.deviceNetworkId != "$device.deviceNetworkId-ep$ep" && n.currentState("switch").value != "off") allOff = false
}
if (allOff) {
event = [createEvent([name: "switch", value: "off"])]
} else {
}
}
return event
}
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.Command cmd) {
// This will capture any commands not handled by other instances of zwaveEvent
// and is recommended for development so you can see every command the device sends
log.error "Unhandled Event: ${cmd}"
[:]
}

def on() {
log.debug "on()"
commands([
zwave.switchAllV1.switchAllOn(),
encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet(), 1),
encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet(), 2)
])
}

def off() {
log.debug "off()"
commands([
zwave.switchAllV1.switchAllOff(),
encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet(), 2)
], 3000)
}

def setLevel(value) {
log.debug "setLevel >> value: $value"
def valueaux = value as Integer
def level = Math.max(Math.min(valueaux, 99), 0)
log.debug "both channel setLevel >> value: $value"
if (level > 0) {
sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on")
} else {
sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")
}
sendEvent(name: "level", value: valueaux, unit: "%")
delayBetween([zwave.switchMultilevelV1.switchMultilevelSet(value: level).format(), zwave.switchMultilevelV1.switchMultilevelGet().format()], 5000)
}

def refresh() {
log.debug "refresh()"
commands([
encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet() , 1),
encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet() , 2),
])
}

def poll() {
log.debug "poll()"
commands([
encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet(), 2),
])
}

def ping() {
log.debug "ping()"
refresh()
}

//child device methods
void childSetLevel(value, String dni) {
log.debug "childSetLevel($dni,$value)"
def childDevice = childDevices.find {
it.deviceNetworkId == "$dni"
}
def valueaux = value as Integer
def level = Math.max(Math.min(valueaux, 99), 0)
if (level > 0) {
childDevice.sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on")
} else {
childDevice.sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")
}
def cmds =
cmds << new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(command(encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV1.switchMultilevelSet(value: level), channelNumber(dni))))
cmds << new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(command(encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV1.switchMultilevelGet(), channelNumber(dni))))
sendHubCommand(cmds, 1000)
}

void childOn(String dni) {
log.debug "childOn($dni)"
def cmds =
cmds << new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(command(encap(zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: 0xFF), channelNumber(dni))))
cmds << new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(command(encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet(), channelNumber(dni))))
}

void childOff(String dni) {
log.debug "childOff($dni)"
def cmds =
cmds << new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(command(encap(zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: 0x00), channelNumber(dni))))
cmds << new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(command(encap(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelGet(), channelNumber(dni))))

}

void childRefresh(String dni) {
log.debug "childRefresh($dni)"
def cmds =
}

// Utility Methods
private encap(cmd, endpoint) {
if (endpoint) {
zwave.multiChannelV3.multiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: endpoint).encapsulate(cmd)
} else {
cmd
}
}

private command(physicalgraph.zwave.Command cmd) {
if (state.sec) {
zwave.securityV1.securityMessageEncapsulation().encapsulate(cmd).format()
} else {
cmd.format()
}
}

private commands(commands, delay = 1000) {
delayBetween(commands.collect {
command(it)
}, delay)
}

private channelNumber(String dni) {
dni.split("-ep")[-1] as Integer
}

Child

/**

• Child Channel
  • Copyright 2017 Thomas Slaymaker
  • Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
  • in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
  •  http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

• Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
  • on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
  • for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

*/
metadata {
definition (name: "Z-Wave GE Dual Dimmer Outlet", namespace: "sudoursa", author: "Thomas Slaymaker") {
capability "Switch"
capability "Switch Level"
capability "Sensor"
capability "Refresh"
}

tiles(scale: 2) {
    standardTile("switch", "device.switch", width: 2, height: 2) {
		state "off", label:'Off', action:"switch.on", icon:"st.switches.switch.off", backgroundColor:"#ffffff", nextState:"turningOn"
		state "on", label:'On', action:"switch.off", icon:"st.switches.switch.on", backgroundColor:"#00a0dc", nextState:"turningOff"
		state "turningOn", label:'Turning on', icon:"st.switches.switch.on", backgroundColor:"#00a0dc", nextState: "turningOff"
		state "turningOff", label:'Turning off', icon:"st.switches.switch.off", backgroundColor:"#ffffff", nextState: "turningOn"
	}
	controlTile("level", "device.level", "slider", height: 2, width: 2) {
		state "level", action:"switch level.setLevel", unit: '%'
	}        
    standardTile("refresh", "device.switch", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat", width: 2, height: 2) {
        state "default", label:"", action:"refresh.refresh", icon:"st.secondary.refresh"
    }
    main "switch"
    details(["switch", "level", "refresh"])
}

}

void setLevel(value) {
parent.childSetLevel(value, device.deviceNetworkId)
}

void on() {
parent.childOn(device.deviceNetworkId)
}

void off() {
parent.childOff(device.deviceNetworkId)
}

void refresh() {
parent.childRefresh(device.deviceNetworkId)
}

HE is fine with the Child but not with the Parent:

Errors

unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicSet @ line 112, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.switchmultilevelv3.SwitchMultilevelReport @ line 121, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.multichannelv3.MultiChannelCmdEncap @ line 159, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicReport @ line 167, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.Command @ line 195, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.device.HubAction @ line 270, column 13. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.device.HubAction @ line 271, column 13. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.device.HubAction @ line 278, column 13. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.device.HubAction @ line 279, column 13. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.device.HubAction @ line 286, column 13. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.device.HubAction @ line 287, column 13. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.device.HubAction @ line 295, column 13. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.Command @ line 309, column 17.

@JasonJoelOld is this a candidate for porting to HE?

Everywhere it says physicalgraph change it to hubitat.

May be that easy.

1 Like

Thanks, seems better but now it's choking on the tile section

DeviceTile error

No signature of method: Script1.childDeviceTile() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) values: [[height:2, width:2, childTileName:switch], outlet1, outlet1]

Sooo... found this:

Which certainly sounds easy (and probably is for some people). :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Time for some googling.

1 Like

Disregard. Looking at wrong code.