Fibaro FGBS-001

@jason-lane just re tested my new one and it does use V3 but the only time it is was null is if you don't click save so the states don't populate (may need to see if i can do something about that so it does it on the install). But that's even more odd that my one worked even without your fix? the important thing is it still works with though :smile:

Edit: updated repo with some more additions

Hi @BorrisTheCat. I just wanted to say that the new version seems to be working fine for me. Thanks again for your work! Sorry that I went AWOL for a bit. Things just got really busy for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get a "motion" child sensor working OK with this driver?

I have a normally closed PIR on input 1, but in the logs it shows the "motion" state is not reset to "inactive" until a subsequent event arrives:

name value description source type timestamp
contact closed IP1 has closeded DEVICE physical 2019-10-26 17:36:09.816
motion active IP1 has become active DEVICE physical 2019-10-26 17:36:09.814
contact open IP1 has opened DEVICE physical 2019-10-26 17:36:06.604
motion inactive IP1 has become inactive DEVICE physical 2019-10-26 17:36:06.603
contact closed IP1 has closeded DEVICE physical 2019-10-26 17:34:41.109
motion active IP1 has become active DEVICE physical 2019-10-26 17:34:41.108
contact open IP1 has opened DEVICE physical 2019-10-26 17:34:37.943

Starting from the bottom of the table, you can see the NC contact being detected as "open" and then "motion" being set to "active", which is correct. The "contact" is then correctly reported as "closed" when the PIR restores its NC circuit, but "motion" remains "active" for several more minutes, requiring the arrival of the another "contact" "open" event before it momentarily becomes inactive.

The net result is once the NC is opened for the first time, "motion" always remains "active".

I have tried the driver both with "Auto inactive" as 15 seconds (above log) and ASAP.

Sorry auto inactive? That's not in this driver? What one are you using

@bpa i know what you mean now. you need to leave it as disabled. Mine works fine

do you have this in your states?

Pretty close (main difference is my "contact2" is configured as the NC tamper switch on the PIR):

Even if the child device has "Auto inactive" set to "Disabled" the described behavior persists.

Here is some debug logging showing the PIR NC "contact1" going into an alarm state then restoring:

dev:692019-10-27 10:36:54.018 infoIP1 is closed
dev:692019-10-27 10:36:54.014 debugZWaveEvent V3 MultiChannelCmdEncap(bitAddress:false, command:1, commandClass:32, destinationEndPoint:1, parameter:[0], res01:false, sourceEndPoint:1)
dev:692019-10-27 10:36:54.005 debugparse description: zw device: 23, command: 600D, payload: 01 01 20 01 00 , isMulticast: false
dev:692019-10-27 10:36:49.629 infoIP1 is open
dev:692019-10-27 10:36:49.625 debugZWaveEvent V3 MultiChannelCmdEncap(bitAddress:false, command:1, commandClass:32, destinationEndPoint:1, parameter:[255], res01:false, sourceEndPoint:1)
dev:692019-10-27 10:36:49.590 debugparse description: zw device: 23, command: 600D, payload: 01 01 20 01 FF , isMulticast: false

Here are the corresponding events for the PIR child device. As per the earlier report, the "motion" state is not set to "inactive" until the arrival of a subsequent "contact" "open" event:

name value description source type timestamp
contact open IP1 has opened DEVICE physical 2019-10-27 10:37:32.180
motion inactive IP1 has become inactive DEVICE physical 2019-10-27 10:37:32.179
contact closed IP1 has closeded DEVICE physical 2019-10-27 10:36:54.030
motion active IP1 has become active DEVICE physical 2019-10-27 10:36:54.029
contact open IP1 has opened DEVICE physical 2019-10-27 10:36:49.639

Here is the device tree:

Have you clicked configure?

I'll have a play around later on my spare and see if I can replicate.

Yes, I have clicked configure, save preferences, deleted the devices, recreated children etc on numerous occasions without any different behavior.

Thanks for taking a look.

I'm getting the below error now! and got a TP4 appeared when i don't have one.
Think i may need to delete everything and start fresh.

2019-11-05 10:37:12.570 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_cjcharles0_Fibaro_UBS_420.parse() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[descriptionText:ZFibaro Shed: MultiChannelEndPointFindReport(genericDeviceClass:3, reportsToFollow:3, specificDeviceClass:49, endPoints:[5, 1, 68, 0, 0, 3, 200])]] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), use([Ljava.lang.Object;), wait(), run(), close1(), close2() (parse)

I haven't had 5 mins to do any more testing but I will get to it and do a full test as soon as I can.

@Kulfsson
need to move the discussion to here I will try and get a moderator to move it to not mess up the other thread. @bobbyD is this something you can do?

there was some z-wave changes in the previous build that messed up the setting of some z-wave drivers so that's why it stopped working. You don't need to remove the parent just have to delete and recreate the child devices. probably best to swap the rules with virtual devices 1st then do the main device and move them over.

1 Like

I jumped into the deep end and replaced the devices. So far so good.

Thanks for the support and suggestions. Really appreciated :smile:

1 Like

This device is now supported directly by HE and is working well for me. Due to the platform changes breaking the driver above I sent one to HE so that it could be done.

Your will need to clean your device up before you swap drivers though. To do this I have a little clean driver that your need to convert it to 1st. It's in my GitHub repo on the 1st post.

This breakes all of your apps connected to the devices, so before you do anything your need to remove the child devices from them before you have the devices deleted. Then once the new driver creates the new devices you can put them all back. You do not need to exclude the main device from the system it's just the driver and child devices that you are swapping around.

Evening,

I'm struggling with this one. I have 4 UBSs (3 of which are still on smartthings).

I removed and reset one of them, which is currently connected to a RFID keypad which I use with it's NO/NC connection to 'dumbly' arm/disarm smartthings SHM.

I'm using the 'native' driver now on hubitat, but I can't seem to figure out a way to have the UBS react to any changes from the keypad (still connected to in1/in2).

Any hints? Ta.

show me your device page settings

Just removed and re-added, so this is current:

there is your problem

your telling the driver your not "using" the contacts you need to select normally closed or normal open or momentary depending on what you want it to do. it will then create child devices for you that will show their state.

yeah, I tried already. it was used to monitor the status of a voltage-free connection on the keypad. don't recall which way, but hitting the pad with a RFID temporarily opened the NC circuit. Or maybe the other way round, don't recall.

Any idea which switch type / device type to use to achieve that? I'm not getting anywhere fast.

do it again that is 100% you current issue, then click save and you may need to click configure.

yeah that's fine as long as you going between 0v and the input it will do that.

It does not matter really its just what way do you want it to be in the "normal" state but you can change it.

Just put it like mine.

that depends on what its triggering. The type in this case is just the event trigger so in my case i use contacts because they are connected doors and switches so that made sense. But if your trigger app or whatever needs a switch then select that.

so if your using HSM. looks like you want buttons. So you could try that as the type.

or you could use modes, then arm disarm depending on the mode like i do.

if that's the case select switch (this is what i would do it makes more sense)

you would use return from away then have lets say the switch ON goes to away and when switch OFF return from away (which would go to the relevant mode depending on the time of day you have set)