Fibaro FGBS-001

Thanks for that, but my gut was telling me to sack the fibaro off, as I've generally had problems with it. Removing and re-adding was a task in itself.

Decided to add one of the NodeMCUs/Konnected. Works a dream with the contact sensors, set up first time. I think I've came to really, really hate fibaro with a passion! =p

I got about 10 and have more to fit, I only ever had issues on ST when on HE they are perfect.

I love there stuff, the dimmer 2 is the best dimmer out there. I just hate that they don't share their firmware :rage:

2 Likes

I'd prefer to have it working with the Fib, but I tried few times over a few days, don't have a lot of time anyway really, and got sick. Tried the nodemcu (I need to add some anyway elsewhere) and it just worked.

I may give the Fib another go, as I know (catagorically) the connections are fine right now using the 'contact sensor' options of the nodemcu.

Hi Im a newbe to HE..(vera) I have a C7 and have managed to include a Fibaro Universal sensor but the state does not change on the childs when I test it .. I have tried motion and contact . What could be wrong? /Mattias

That's the issue I had. I'm going to have another go today.

Are you also using a C7? If you are you selecting it to be joined securely? (Untick all the boxes) They need to be joined unsecured, that is probably your issue as a doubt the driver handles secure pairing.

I'm new to it, so I just 'discovered devices'. How would I join it unsecured? Ta!

When you joined it did a box pop up saying about S0 S2 and stuff?

Nope

I need to migrate mine over to my C-7 but I'm waiting for them to fix the joining issues they have, so wait for me to confirm before you try again :+1:. The fixes will be in the next release but it's still in beta at the moment so I'll test it during my testing

1 Like

No popup for me also...

I think I read that some of the issues they had were to do with Fibaro devices. so you will need to hold off those devices untill then.

1 Like

This makes sense. I thought I was losing my mind. Cheers for the replies, hopefully this will be sorted soon.

Interesting that you mentioned the dimmer2, as that's another device I was wanting to migrate. I take it this will also cause an issue right now ?

I have both succeeded and not on dimmer 2... the first one worked but then I did not factory reset it. With the otherone I factory reseted first and then its stuck in toggle mode . Works in app to dim and turn on off but can't change to momentary...

Hmm. I'll hold off on all of the fibs, I think. Cheers all!

Yea same here. So typical when you almost only have FIBAROs and finally deicide to cross the line and change Hub Manufacture (vera) to Hubitat... Well I got Sonos working :slight_smile:

1 Like

@BorrisTheCat, I too love Fibaro, both looks and functionality. Regarding their stance on firmware, I found a posting on the Homeseer forum that has an excerpt from Fibaro:

I understand your requirement and I can confirm, that we are getting similar request from our Customers.
Please mind, that we are fully supporting our devices using our own gateways (Home Center 2 and Home Center Lite), I hope you understand that.

We can cooperate with other gateways in the subject of firmware update, but due the fact, that there are dozens of them, we simply cannot release such an update fully compatible with every existing Z-Wave gateway. Nevertheless, if gateway producer will contact us with such a request, I can assure, that we will do our best to cooperate and to give you (the users) the ability to upgrade the firmware.

You can always try to contact with one of our distributor, I hope he can help you in upgrading firmware in your modules.

So it seems that they do share Firmwares, just not with end-users. Since @bcopeland is now at Hubitat and has created the Z-Wave firmware update tool, perhaps there is incentive for Hubitat to reach out to Fibaro ? (although they are technically a competitor on the Hub front).

1 Like

It sure would be great to get Fibaro firmware able to be updated via HE / @bcopeland’s App.
Surely having MORE happy users, using and recommending Fibaro products, is a Sales and Marketing dream !!

Has anyone gotten this to work? i have just moved from Smartthings to Hubitat C7 hub, the fibaro device pairs without problems with the native driver to the hub...

i have setup the input to "normally open" as i had it on smartthings...

however, the child contact devices doesnt change states :frowning:

the log is showing this, when activating the button (so something is getting through but i cant use it...i need it for webcore):

dev:1792020-08-13 10:40:34.480 debugdesc:zw device: 0E, command: 2B01, payload: 0B FF , isMulticast: false

dev:1792020-08-13 10:40:31.951 debugdesc:zw device: 0E, command: 2B01, payload: 0A FF , isMulticast: false

Waiting for hub update. Its apparently an issue with the c7.