Feature request alarm type 14 for first alert

@kahn-hubitat we probably asked this last time but I don't remember, what make/model is this smoke alarm? If it is something still in production and I can get a list of all the alarm codes it uses I could possibly add it to my driver so it picks it all up correctly.

I think you are correct... for the "V1 Alarm Type", it is up to the application to define what the type and level values mean.

[I think I confused zwaveAlarmType and alarmType here again. :confused: ]

1 Like

i will fish it out of trash.. but it was the first alert zwave (non plus) smoke and co combo.

i also replaced it with their new zwave plus models.. but there really is no way to test if that is going to do the same thing in 10 yrs?

So it was probably the old ZCombo and the new one is the ZCombo-G (still says ZCOMBO on the back).

If you want to screenshot the "Data" at the bottom of the device page (on the new one) I can confirm if that is the same as the one I built my driver for. I have the current Z-wave spec EOL codes implemented but it will just send a WARN log. I could send an attribute just not sure what to do with it.

I am not sure if they system driver is doing anything with the additional codes or only the smoke/co alert codes.

So i removed it you want the device info for the old or new . If old i will have to re-pair it to get the info?

Misread new one.coming up
I.would just write a rule to.check the attribute whatever you.call it. Or we could stdize.maybe on a prebuilt alarm eol as was as smoke co.clear etc

Ok that is the same one I have. Mine is from 2020.
It uses the new Notification alerts which have pre-defined meanings.

So in another driver I have used the "warnings" attribute and then in the description I put the exact message. That can be used in notification alerts or rules.
I would probably just have to make the Configure command clear the state.

I know of a way to get it to trigger the system hardware failure as well, so I could test it with that.

Here is the list of all the alerts it could possibly send (removed the smoke/co codes). It may not use all of them but since they are standard it is easy to translate any code it sends into the meaning.

@Field static final Map ALARM_EVENTS = [
	0x00:"State idle",
	0x04:"Replacement required",
	0x05:"Replacement required, End-of-life",
	0x07:"Maintenance required, planned periodic inspection",
	0x08:"Maintenance required, dust in device",
	0x09:"Unknown event/state"
]
@Field static final Map SYSTEM_EVENTS = [
	0x00:"State idle",
	0x01:"System hardware failure",
	0x03:"System hardware failure (manufacturer proprietary)",
	0x02:"System software failure",
	0x04:"System software failure (manufacturer proprietary)",
	0x05:"Heartbeat",
	0x06:"Tampering, product cover removed",
	0x07:"Emergency shutoff",
	0x09:"Digital input high state",
	0x0A:"Digital input low state",
	0x0B:"Digital input open",
	0xFE:"Unknown event/state"
]
1 Like

Thanks will add a custom rule to alert me.

I will work on it when I get a chance and let you know on here when I post it.

2 Likes

Did not forget about this... just polishing it up right now.

This will be sent to an attribute you can use for a rule. The number just increases each time with a reset command to set it back to 0. Example below is normal events for testing, normally those wont go to a warning but all the other ones I listed up above would.

2 Likes

Done:

2 Likes

Thanks what events would i check for

Any change to the attribute “warnings”. The %text% value contains the translated alert message.

1 Like

Thanks couldnt set a rule as it didnt exist. Had to click resetwarnings first.

Thanks

You might be able to test that by resetting it. I am deleting the state then setting it again so it might trigger the rule.

Yes test worked. Ok to leave it set to 0 anyway.

1 Like