Explanation of Mirror App since no docs

There is no reference to the Mirror app in the Documentation :frowning: I also searched the Community - to no avail. (so cannot RTFM . . . :slight_smile: )

It would be great if clear details can be provided on:
What does the app do?
How to implement it?
Use case examples

It’s for when you want one device to follow another device. i.e bedroom light turns on and off when the hallway light is turned on and off.

I believe the Mirror App was written to aid in the use of controllers like the Lutron Aurora One

This device is similar in functionality to a dimmable bulb, but is used to control other lights by having its status mirrored to another dimmable light via the Mirror App.

I am having a problem synchronizing two bulbs to the exact color. Although I send the same command to both bulbs one is always slightly off. Can I use the mirror app to synchronize the color, temperature and level?

Are these different bulbs? and is the reported value showing the value you sent?

Yes

They are both zigbee Sengled bulbs.

??

Yes the values are the same, however, in Dashboard, they show slightly different.

Can you do some screen shots to show how you are setting them and what they are reporting?.. We may be able to help ..

Suddenly the lights appear to be synchronized. I have been trying to replicate the problem, but all is working well now.
Here is the rule that I am invoking

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s working for you now

My $0.02: if you are using Zigbee bulbs and want them to always be in the same state, add them to a Group and enable Zigbee group messaging.

Then, you get a new device that represents the Group, and all commands and actions execute simultaneously instead of having to catch up with each other via the Mirror app.

2 Likes

Thank you for that. It does synchronize and create a much better effect.

1 Like

Is there any chance of improving upon the Mirror app to mirror thermostat controls. I have a unique situation that I would like to take advantage of without having to write a series of very complex rules.

Mirror me is really specifically built for lights and switches, as such it's really not going to do well with thermostats.
Your best bet on this is going to be a dedicated custom app to do exactly what you want.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.