Everything Xbee

According to the data sheet, I don't think the model you mentioned is programmable: Digi XBee Zigbee Datasheet | Digi International

This assumes you're trying to do something like add the MicroPython "presence" code or something else custom; to just set it up as a router/repeater or whatnot, you should be able to do it as mentioned above.

I have been able to do this.

I bought it after reading someone else has been using this model as a repeater so not sure how they did it. Could there be a workaround?

your older device type is only useable as a repeater (router).
simply use the settings in the first post.

I have been able to connect it to my hub but don't see any devices routing through it or maybe I need wait for sometime.

I am wondering how many devices these Xbees can route. I am considering getting rid of my Ikea sockets as it seems they only route a maximum of 5 devices.

Hi baldini

Have you been able to get your older Xbees working with Hubitat? If not, the below post may work for you.

I have tried the settings in this post on my XB24CZ7PIT-004 and have been able to join it to Hubitat and it is successfully scanning the network.

I believe the older devices can repeat (route) 12 devices looking at page 48 of the manual
Or you can look at your NC setting for the Xbee in XTCU.
The newer Xbee3 can route 20 devices.

To force devices to router faster through the Xbee you would have to power off (unplug) all other router devices except for the Xbee and then do a reset on the other devices.
Or you could just leave the other router devices unplugged and the other devices that were going through the powered down routers will repair the network and find the Xbee.

Ohhh I was under the impression (not sure why) it supports a lot more devices but its good to know this.

I want to have a couple of sensors in my 2x sheds which are about 40m from the house so I am wondering if a non pro Xbee will have a signal strong enough to reach them or do I need to get the pro version.

page 11 refers to Xbee range
But these ranges are subjective to how much interference, location, and which zigbee channel is being used. I would half these values. But since you already have an older version try it out and see how it does.

I was more wanting to know what others' experience has been with range but I will go out and try it now.

Another question. I have been scanning my zigbee network with the Xbee I have bought and it scans a maximum of 93 devices on my network, however, I currently have over 120 devices when I go to Hubitat zigbee settings. I have left XCTU scanning for hours and it once went upto 500+ scans. So why is not finding the rest of them and is there an easy way to find out the names of the missing ones. As far as I know most of my devices are working fine.

At one point I created an excel spreadsheet of the devices and pulled their DNI. then did a column compare from the XCTU software I was using that generated the scan. Maybe you can compare them and look for the non-found that way?

Thanks. I will give this a go.

Also, lots of my devices are coming up as N/A in the spreadsheet so I am wondering what do I need to resolve.

can you post a screen cap? N/A ... where? the DNI? for my Excel I did an HTML cut copy off the page and dropped it onto an open excel spreadsheet ala:

Screen capture of devices in Hubitat or Excel?

Can someone tell what's the difference between the three different models of Xbee 3s and if they are all suitable as a repeater/presence sensor

https://www.digikey.com.au/en/products/detail/digi/XB3-24Z8PT-J/8130934

https://www.digikey.com.au/en/products/detail/digi/XK3-Z8S-WZM/8130956

https://www.digikey.com.au/en/products/detail/sparkfun-electronics/WRL-15435/10440481

Is a single standard XBee3 with PCB Ant, TH MT (through mount) pins.
This will need a through mount usb board (it does not come with one)

This is a kit of 3 standard Xbee3 surface mount (will not work with through mount usb) and U.FL Antenna.
This kit comes with 3 surface mount usb boards and 3 U.FL Antennas.

Looks like it is a surface mount Xbee3 modified by sparkfun to a usb board with Micro (U.FL) (antenna does not appear to be included)

Thing Plus - XBee3 Micro (WRL-15454 & WRL-15435)

SparkFun Thing Plus - XBee3 Micro is a compact, Qwiic-compatible board featuring the Digi International XBee3 Micro Module. The XBee3 Micro Module provides 802.15.4 2.4GHz wireless connectivity (Zigbee 3.0 Protocol), and is programmable with MicroPython. The Thing Plus - XBee3 Micro has all the basics for quickly prototyping or developing a connected device, such as a remote sensor. The Qwiic connector and JST connector for the battery make for a solder-less option when working with the board which shortens setup time.

The Xbee3 standard or pro can route or act as a presence sensor (the pro has farther range)

XBee vs. XBee-PRO

What does NC = D means. I thought its supposed to be a number.

If it’s hex D = 13

1 Like