Everything Xbee

I was more wanting to know what others' experience has been with range but I will go out and try it now.

Another question. I have been scanning my zigbee network with the Xbee I have bought and it scans a maximum of 93 devices on my network, however, I currently have over 120 devices when I go to Hubitat zigbee settings. I have left XCTU scanning for hours and it once went upto 500+ scans. So why is not finding the rest of them and is there an easy way to find out the names of the missing ones. As far as I know most of my devices are working fine.

At one point I created an excel spreadsheet of the devices and pulled their DNI. then did a column compare from the XCTU software I was using that generated the scan. Maybe you can compare them and look for the non-found that way?

Thanks. I will give this a go.

Also, lots of my devices are coming up as N/A in the spreadsheet so I am wondering what do I need to resolve.

can you post a screen cap? N/A ... where? the DNI? for my Excel I did an HTML cut copy off the page and dropped it onto an open excel spreadsheet ala:

Screen capture of devices in Hubitat or Excel?

Can someone tell what's the difference between the three different models of Xbee 3s and if they are all suitable as a repeater/presence sensor

https://www.digikey.com.au/en/products/detail/digi/XB3-24Z8PT-J/8130934

https://www.digikey.com.au/en/products/detail/digi/XK3-Z8S-WZM/8130956

https://www.digikey.com.au/en/products/detail/sparkfun-electronics/WRL-15435/10440481

Is a single standard XBee3 with PCB Ant, TH MT (through mount) pins.
This will need a through mount usb board (it does not come with one)

This is a kit of 3 standard Xbee3 surface mount (will not work with through mount usb) and U.FL Antenna.
This kit comes with 3 surface mount usb boards and 3 U.FL Antennas.

Looks like it is a surface mount Xbee3 modified by sparkfun to a usb board with Micro (U.FL) (antenna does not appear to be included)

Thing Plus - XBee3 Micro (WRL-15454 & WRL-15435)

SparkFun Thing Plus - XBee3 Micro is a compact, Qwiic-compatible board featuring the Digi International XBee3 Micro Module. The XBee3 Micro Module provides 802.15.4 2.4GHz wireless connectivity (Zigbee 3.0 Protocol), and is programmable with MicroPython. The Thing Plus - XBee3 Micro has all the basics for quickly prototyping or developing a connected device, such as a remote sensor. The Qwiic connector and JST connector for the battery make for a solder-less option when working with the board which shortens setup time.

The Xbee3 standard or pro can route or act as a presence sensor (the pro has farther range)

XBee vs. XBee-PRO

What does NC = D means. I thought its supposed to be a number.

If it’s hex D = 13

1 Like

This is what I thought as well, however, before this it was showing it in decimals.

Right now it is routing 7 devices and its NC value is F (15) which is not possible as it is XBee 2 which doesn't support that many devices.

Not sure how it is possible but one of my Xbee2 is routing 18 devices.

Can someone tell me why my Xbee3 are performing worse than Xbee2. I thought they are supposed to be same or better. Its not the location as I have tried different locations.
See below

Xbee3

Xbee2

I have the same performance. I think it's the methods they use to report LQI(a guess) differ between S2c and Xbee 3. The best test is to look at route & child info in HE.
Insert your hub's IP in xxx...

http://xxx.xxx.x.xx/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Both my s2c and Xbee3 lately only show routers, no end devices, not sure what happened to my setup in XCTU

EDIT- did an install of XCTU on another new PC, and now the end devices show, must be something with my XCTU config...

Thanks. Will try this.

Feature request :
I'm running "XBee3 Presence V/T", namespace: "dan.t". I'm using the modded version by rsjaffe.

I get battery posting every minute in my logs - it's not a problem, just a bit more often than I'd like. I'd like to be able to turn that down a bit - say once every 15 minutes?
I can't find the 'schedule' command that triggers the function - can the ability to adjust the trigger be added?
Thanks for your consideration.
Shu

You would have to change the battery reporting in the micro python but then the Xbee might have arrived for up to 15 minutes before it changes to present and triggers your routines.
I do not think this is what you want but would be fine if just using the Xbee as a router device not a presence device.
My Xbee3 router devices are set to the default 1 minute in the python but 15 would be fine not a bad idea.
An old Smartthings arrival sensor battery reports every 20 seconds.
I have my Xbee presence sensors python programmed to every 10 seconds in my vehicles but are only powered on when the vehicles are running via the vehicles usb ports .

So to make the Xbee3 battery report every 15 minutes you would have to change the micro python code to
time.sleep_ms(900000)

Aww! Never occurred to me it was at the device! Updated my main... will watch and update this reply shortly.

Worked perfectly!
(I fell asleep waitin'. sorry!)

1 Like

It was a long time ago that I did this but you may have to push the reset button on the Xbee3 adaptor board after reprogramming the Xbee3.