eTRV Aeotec Radiator Thermostat and Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave Thermostats

Any ideas on how to fix it? I would like to monitor this.

trv2 trv1

I'm travelling at the moment, it will be a week before I'm back at base and can have a look at this for you.

No, that's fine mate. I'm not buying any more until I've fully evaluated this one. I had a Drayton wiser system and now on Hive but looking for a total local system. Drayton looked great on paper but the performance was pants!!

Messed about with the code and it's looking like an issue with the TRV but it needs another pair eyes on it to confirm. I think I'm on firmware v1.6.

Still finding my way round Hubitat's thermostat app but here's a chart I've done.

2 Likes

Aeotec told me a few weeks ago that 0.16 is the current release for their eTRVs. So it looks like you are on the same version as me.

God knows why when I set valve reporting on mine, it's reports every minute and 1 sec.

Current version updated in post 1.

• Minor cosmetic changes.
  • Commented out lock capability (uncomment line 27 if anyone wants it back in)

@djashones - I have set my parameters to be identical to yours and I don't get valve reports every 61 seconds. I've not changed anything around that area of code. Let me know if this version does the same - if so I'll put something into the code to suppress identical valve reports.

Thanks,
Simon

I've updated and It's not doing it now but I did have to take the valve off today and refit and I think it came loose as it was not fully closing. Also I've lost 10% battery in about a week but that could be anything.

Are you using Hubigraphs to produce these charts?

InfluxDB + Grafana

Have you noticed your TRV is not fully closing after a while? It seem this is a quite common maybe?

I've read reports on this, not actually seen it on my TRVs.

I'm looking to see if I can do daily valve exercise - store current valve setting, then goto 100% open, then 0% then restore the valve to where it was.

You think that would sort this out?

Not sure mate, but worth a try. I'm up for it. :sunglasses:

Hi, new to HE but not to HA :slight_smile:

I have about ~16 Eurotronic Spirit TRVs and I am trying to get a test one working on HE.

I can see this is the Aeotec variant thread, but I am not clear if the device Drive at the first post is

a. Works with Eurotronic Spirits too
b. If it is the latest version

Overall I am really struggling trying to find a definitive/authorative source/index of all HE Apps and Drivers - so if some one can share the url it would be much appreciated as I am just trawling through community postings right now.

I did try getting Hubitat Package Manager working but it won't authiycate using the /Settings/Hub Login Security user :frowning:

I also have about 10 HRT/SR321/IQE Thermostats also a Secure SSR302 Dual controller that turns the Heating and Hot Water on/off I have yet to get into HE

Welcome @habitat

The driver in post 1 should work with Eurotronic Z-Wave eTRV's - I only have the Aeotec variant, but they are identical except for the fingerprint. I believe some users here are using my driver for the Eurotronics eTRVs. The driver in Post 1 is the current released version - I have updated it there a number of times.

I too have a 10+ SRT321's

@simon many thanks indeed!!!!! thank you for doing this and for responding back to me so quickly.

I have found the the Hubitat community to be extremely helpful.

I have a Eurotronic Spirit up and running !!!! Huzzah.

Next and SRT 321, then the SSR302

My hope is to be able to use the Temp Sensors in the Hue Motion Sensors - in a Hue Hub - as the external temp sensors for the Spirit TRVs for the rooms that do not warrant a manual override Thermostat.

Still working on that - I have asked CoCoHub to add a driver for the Motion Sensors - not fo rah emotion but the Temp/Luminance and Battery sensors.

As a failover I have purchased a few different zigbee Sonoff Sensors and see how they do.

1 Like

Actually CoCoHue!! has been updated to support Hue Motion Sensors!!

So may still be in with a chance

Very good. i don't know how the external sensors can be made work with the eTRV's. I looked at this a while ago and Aeotec say that one of their temperature sensors can communicate with their eTRV's. I don't see how a driver can send the external temperature to the eTRV.

Ok very early days so far.

I am hoping that I can use the Thermostat Controller to use an Hue temp Sensor - added in by cocohue to work as the external Temp Sensor.

Small steps,

Hue working - Check
All hue Motion/Temp/Luminance/ sensors accessible - Check
Secure SRT321 Thermostats and variations - Check
Secure SSR302 Dual Heating switch - Possible solution found
Eurotronic Spirit TRVs - Check
GreenWave Sockets with Power monitoring - Check
Stop Greenwaves from flashing all the time - Check
TKBHome Sockets - Check
Ikea zigbee bulbs that aren't reliable in Hue Hub - Check
Sonos - Check
122 devices into HE so far

Still need to find a way for :-
Hubitat to 'talk' to Indigo
Responding to Plex activities - Lounge Lighting changes etc
Some Sonoff zigbee Sensors
Control Logitech Harmony Hub

A longer shot will be being able to tap into the 433MHz sensors I have in fridges/freezers/hot water tank

But good progress in the main for 3 days at this.

Best Christmas present ever :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok that rained on my parade ......

It looks like Thermostat controller will only work with temp from Thermostats.

I could have sworn I had seen a Hue Motion Sensor in the list before

Back to the drawing board