Envisalink Integration

@cuboy29 Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, got that setup now. :+1: Any idea about my #1 and #2 questions?

How did you setup and get the HSM and DSC talking to each other

You need to buy an envisalink module that you wire I to your alarm panel. The latest is envisalink 4. Then follow the directions for the community integration for dsc.

I have it all setup but the HWS does nothing? I can control it under envisalink but not through HWS am i missing something?

Stick a virtual device button in hsm. The button its self doesn't need to do anything. It just needs to be in there.

Also check the box in the envisalink integration.

wow i didnt have the Intergartion turned on works perfectly now thanks

1 Like

Hi.

I've had an Envisalink version EVL2DS on a DSC panel for a number of years now. I don't do anything with it: it just works, sending emails/texts when the alarm goes off.

I just managed to log on to the web portal and arm and disarm the alarm, so that still works. Bear in mind, I haven't done this for years.

Can this older version be integrated with Hubitat? And if so, what could I do with it?

Thanks.

I am currently using Envisalink with a Honeywell Vista 20P panel and I am considering using this native Hubitat integration that Doug originally wrote using Telnet. When I was on Smartthings I had some issues with the Redloro nodeproxy integration so I would prefer not to use it.

I really only need to Arm/Disarm my system using automations or HSM and presence sensors. I do not intend to monitor the zones.

Is anyone using the native telnet integration with a Honeywell Vista panel? What has been your experience?

EDIT: I have the native integration using telnet working now. The Envisalink telnet connection is super chatty with its communication. In the logs there is communication every second or so.

@Brianwilson in the other topic mentions this is an issue with this native integration.

Has anyone else had the same experience? Any suggestions?

I had same issues on native. It was crazy chatty and I worried about it impacting the hub. I have run the redloro node proxy (option 2) and not had any issues for a few years. I also have it in a docker container if that might be easier for you to digest.

I do not have a raspberry pi. I am using a Windows 10 desktop. Will I need a raspberry pi to run redloro node proxy?

From a cost perspective, it's probably a lot cheaper in the long run to run a raspberry pi since they don't use nearly as much power as a desktop. You could also just isolate the chatty telnet integration to it's own hub and use hub mesh to mirror over whatever you wanted.

1 Like

Is there a learning curve on setting up a raspberry pi? Any suggestions on how to do this?

There are step by step video's or @brianwilson has a guide but basically you download an image to an sd card and that is the os installation. Run a couple commands to get everything updated and installed. Takes maybe an hour if you're taking your time and following along in the video. Takes maybe 5 minutes if you've done it before and know what to do. There are plenty of people here to help if you get stuck.

1 Like

I like the idea of isolating the telnet integration to its own hub and using hub mesh to mirror over what I need. I will order another hub and tell my wife that will be another birthday present for me since my birthday is in December. :grinning:

2 Likes

You can use HubConnect as an alternative if HubMesh doesn't do what you want. HubConnect is highly configurable. Just throwing out options. Hub Mesh should work fine though.

1 Like

I installed Doug Beard's code and driver as part of my ST migration and all seems fine but I get no events. I am wondering if it is because I have alarmserver.py running as well and the EVL-3 can only support one login at a time.
I stopped the server and rebooted the EVL but HE still gets no events except the one created on the setup.
The status is always Ready even if I open a door so we're definitely not talking yet.

Edit: seems another Init in the app and a reboot of the EVL and TPI status is now ONLINE and I'm getting events. Yea!

1 Like

I am using the first option and having some issues with using RM to automate things based on the status of my honeywell/envisalink system. Every time I arm the system, the status page of the envistalink shows the alarm alternating between armed and disarmed states every second. The parameters mostly show null and I cant create a stable trigger in RM to effectively reflect the current state of the alarm. If the state is showing disarmed (when it is actually not) at the time of the status check (say, for example, 5:00AM) the trigger doesn't fire. A RM condition which checks the "State Variables" would work but I think RM only allows checking the "Current States". The "current states" is not consistent when changed from armed to unarmed status.

Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix?

@Lou Sounds like it might be a voltage issue. Disconnect the battery and check the voltage.

@lewis.heidrick I'm not sure what you mean. Do you think it is a hardware issue? Everything on the alarm works perfectly except Hubitat cycles between armed and disarmed every two or three seconds when actually armed.

Check they eyezon webpage and see if it's cycling on the envisalink. Since these are powered from the alarm, when the alarm battery starts going bad it can pull down the voltage and cause weird things to happen. Especially if you have the smaller transformer. The gt one can handle a bad battery a lot easier.