Envisalink Integration

It appears that it may be recycling in envistalink, also. I updated the evl firmware to 173 and now I cant arm the system in the hubitat device page.

Edit: A reboot of the Hubitat and now I can Arm again. Not sure if it is cycling in EVL because logs now are showing one cycle. How would I check the voltage? Do I disconnect the battery and use a volt meter to test on the battery leads? What should the correct voltage be? Thank you!!

Test right after disconnecting, then if it shows within one volt of its rating it should be fine. Let it sit for a bit before testing a second time so you get it's resting state. Around 15 minutes should be good enough to know if it's not way off immediately after disconnecting.

The reboot kinds of sounds like things just got out of sync though. I'd still check the battery though just to make sure.

@doug, @cuboy29
I know this isn't supported anymore and it's working fine but just wanted some info on CPU usage.
Of all my apps and devices this one uses about 80-90% of the pie. My CPU load is around 5-7% in total so it's not impacting anything.
I was just wondering if there is anything I can change so it's not so chatty. I have changed the Poll rate (from disabled) but it doesn't seem to alter the numbers much. I removed on PIR that is in the living room and does see people walking aroung all day but it's not like we open and close the door and windows every 10 seconds.

Use the raspberry pi version.

1 Like

Since the CPU load isn't in the teens I wasn't to worried about messing with a working solution.
If I did that I would probably get another C7 and just split off the devices from the apps.
Never messed with any Pi stuff, just some micro-controllers years ago so. Do I really want to learn another OS/Python :wink:
EDIT: just had a look back and I see you are on the Vista. I have the DSC "Classic" so that code is probably not compatible?

I checked with @gopher.ny about it and he said not to worry about it so I am leaving it alone for now. Not sure anything can be done to make the TPI interface less chatty. Maybe asking the question over at EyezOn forum might help.

@lewis.heidrick

What's this, you say? An RPi program for Envisalink? More info if you care to share it, please.

I have an Envisalink hooked up to my DSC alarm but have been rather disappointed with it, which seems counter to what most seem to experience. It just seems really slow to respond to things like zone changes (e.g., door opens) even on its own app. I tried to use it with my ISY but haven't even tried it with the HE. In fact, I don't even have it connected to ethernet right now (largely because I needed the spot in the switch for some testing, plus we're not traveling during COVID and we live on an island with four residents, so there's not much to guard against when we're here).

Still, would be nice to find a better solution if possible and I hadn't heard there was a RPi program for Envisalink.

I use it for a Honeywell Vista 21ip panel and the response time is faster than my zwave or zigbee sensors. I don't know if it works with dsc panels or not but it's maintained by @brianwilson

@lewis.heidrick is correct. He recommended that I switch to the Rpi version of Envisalink when I had slow contact sensor response times with his awesome Auto Lock App. I had been using Envislaink app that runs natively on HE.

The Rpi version is lightening fast for relaying sensor status using an easy to install Docker/node proxy for interfacing with the Vista/Envisalink and HE.

Saved me from having to purchase a separate contact sensor for our front door!

1 Like

Strange that you guys are see slow respond time from your sensor. Mine is almost instant. Curious to see what the difference are. My setup is simple I guess. Just 4 wired contact sensors, 1 wireless contact sensor and 2 wireless motion sensor.

I have 64 sensors on the raspberry pi and its about 40 ms sometimes faster.

1 Like

I have a DSC 8/32(zones) and the response time is 1 sec so if you are seeing more than that there may be another issue.

Thanks, everyone. Very helpful. There's something else going on with my Envisalink, I think. Will investigate when I have some time and report back (may be a few weeks).

It would be great if the instructions were re-written to include only 1 option that works. The nodeProxy, Not having users go onto sites that are years old and don't really have much to do with the current way to get this working.

Honeywell for a DSC panel? Nobody is going to understand what is going on, I sure don't.

What is the real path to get this running? The docker container doesn't even respond after one failed attempt. What is going on here? Where is the real support for this? It seems like it's been pieced together after several versions and no clear path to sustainability.

I've been working to get this solved for almost a month without any results.

Docker container is running, honeywell app running but "Connection refused", Restarting the docker container gives telnet one shot and shuts the port down. That's it. 1 month of tries and nada.

I consider myself to be pretty astute but, there is no way to decipher what the heck I am supposed to do with instructions for a SmartThings Device on a Hubitat. It doesn't make any sense, and trying my sanity.

Hello all. I'm pretty ne to HE, a refugee from Wink, and amazed if not somewhat lost by all the great and fun things that can be done here in the HE world. I'm also probably rushing in add things this as I learn what is possible. I have 2 alarm panels, a DSC in the shop and ADT in the house. I did a lot of checking and learned there are solutions for both, thought I'd start with the Envisalink 4 on the DSC as what I read said it worked and people were using it still and much simpler than the Konnected for the ADT. But so far I've had no luck, so I'm hoping someone can give a me some pointers. I really don't want to go the Pi route as it is going back to external integrations by the looks of it.. trying to keep it simple.
I can access the EV4 via app, website and local IP with no issues, I use the default user, user "although the HE integration app defaults to Envisalink, I have tried both ways)
and immediately I get
" Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Cannot invoke method sort() on null object"

which I'm guessing means HE app didn't find it so didn't create and children devices

and when I check the logs all i see is
" app:3242021-04-11 04:54:14.431 pm errorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: Telnet is restarting...

app:3242021-04-11 04:54:14.423 pm errorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: telnetStatus- error: receive error: Stream is closed"

several times and I guess thats what "abuttino' above is talking about. but it seems most of you have got it up and running. anything i can check or look at?

Just for fun I saw in abuttion's post the comment about "Honeywell for a DSC panel", so i tried that as well with the same results

anyway any help or tips would be appreciated

looking a little bit more and I'm wondering if these 'Plus' features are new and may be interfering with pulling in the information HE is looking for, in which case I should send this thing back and try a different product?
I should also add the I used the HE package manager to get the Envisalink app and drivers by Brian, is that maybe only for the RPi version now and I need to find the direct app and drivers elsewhere?

Is it possible you already have something logged in to the connection. It only allows 1 connection

Thanks for the suggestion

by logged in could that include the app, website or IP page? possible on a couple attempts but I tried to not do that after reading through this group. I have also double checked the battery and it a nice solid 13.62vdc. I have not been able to get any connection with HE at all yet, only every other way.. Am I using the correct app and drivers?
thanks

ok, still hoping someone can help.. after some playing around I found that because the DSC is in my shop and I added a mesh network and second hub out there that I had to add the app on that hub instead, which because the user and password name is user, the device name came up as user and as I walked out to the shop I was able to disarm it on the device page. But it didn't come up with any children devices (zones) and when I left it would not arm or do any of the app integrations like "when lock is locked, arm alarm and turn out light" but Im guessing thats related to no children devices.. please tell me if I'm doing something wrong or expecting too much

thanks

I do see an envisalink siren now..

Im still trying to get the envisalink working. it works very basically and I have no zones. I can arm/disarm through the device page.. in the app if I click one the zones tab I get the following in the log

app:2432021-04-23 10:27:34.391 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sort() on null object on line 370 (zoneMapsPage)

app:2432021-04-23 10:27:34.345 pm debugEnvisalink Integration: getEnvisalinkDevice

app:2432021-04-23 10:27:34.339 pm debugEnvisalink Integration: getChildDevice: [Envisalink]

app:2432021-04-23 10:27:34.334 pm debugEnvisalink Integration: Showing zoneMapsPage

app:2432021-04-23 10:27:24.664 pm debugEnvisalink Integration: getEnvisalinkDevice

app:2432021-04-23 10:27:24.659 pm debugEnvisalink Integration: getEnvisalinkDevice

and this is what is around line 370 in the device code

private composeDisarm(){
ifDebug("composeDisarm")
if (PanelType as int == 0){
def message = tpiCommands["Disarm"] + masterCode
sendTelnetCommand(message)
} else {
def message = masterCode + "1"
// work around disarm bug in Vista panels
}
}

if I comment this out I get the same error message in the log and i have no idea how to get zones in or use the app to create virtual devices.

im hoping someone can help this noob figure this out

thanks

Hey did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. I'm on a C7 with the latest firmware.