Enphase Solar monitoring

Hello,

I am finally getting around to trying out this driver. I imported the code from "scott1620 Ā· GitHub" (Is this the correct one to use?) and I got it working right away:

Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 08-30-02 House Envoy

My only question now is what are these attributes? I looked through this thread but it was mostly people arguing about the financial incentives of solar. :joy:

For example: I see "Current ACT Consumption" and "Consumption": I don't have a consumption meter installed on my system so where are these numbers coming from and what do they mean?

Thanks

The values come from the Enphase Application. See pictures below. Also, you can see videos explaining the app (and values) at:
Enphase App - Bing video

Well first they can't come from the "App" because this driver connects to my local Envoy, not the enlighten cloud service. I have 3 Envoy's and the Enlighten cloud service combines data from all three to display in the App.

I have the app and have been using it for many years. Neither of these consumption numbers show up in the app for me. Presumably because, like I said, I don't have a consumption meter. So without a consumption meter I'm not understanding how these numbers are being derived?

There is also no "efficiency" number in the app. What could that possibly refer to? My efficiency over the last 7 days was 3.12? Lifetime efficiency is "NA"? I looked at the code and I see where this number is being calculated but I'm not sure what information it's trying to portray.

It's also odd that "energy_last7days" is larger than "energy_life". I suspect one is kWh and one is MWh. Not sure if those are expected to be different units.

I'm also curious about the "powerTable" and "energyTable" variables. Looking at the code these seem to be for graphing. And in the thread I see people have posted graphs. How does one set up these graphs?

As you can see: None of these details would be found in your YouTube video about the app.

-Jeremy

Jerimy, I wa saying that the value definitions can be obtained from the app and the users manual.

This doesn't seem to work for me because I believe that with the new Envoy systems you cannot access your local device json endpoints without obtaining a token by login into https://entrez.enphaseenergy.com

I am not sure how long lived that token is or how to refresh it (other than going through the UI).

Once I log in, I can obtain a token and can hit the JSON endpoint. I am guessing that other gateways do it differently since you can hit the local endpoint without auth. Any chance someone has solved this issue?

Can someone help, for some reason my Installation Date in "Devices" is showing up as -1. I tried updating the code and it still not populating it. So basically when I look at my Solar Graph App, it shows Null Lifetime and Efficiency.

TIA.

I am in the process of upgrading the Legacy Envoy to a Envoy-S. So, I thought I would upgrade the Hubitat driver and App. Now my current legacy envoy does not support JSON so it falls back to the HTML code. But after installing the newest driver it appears to be capped at 1000 watts.

I deleted the old App and driver code to install the new.

Once I dropped back to the old driver the power level went to normal.

Hey fellas,

Since this driver didn't work with my Envoy-S meters due to the new token based authentication method introduces with the new firmware, I have created a simple driver just to pull production data from the Envoy.

Driver ( suggestions & feedbacks are welcome ) : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vpsupun/hubitat/master/EnvoyLocalData.groovy

P. S. This driver is NOT a replacement for the driver mentioned here. But it can just pull data from the Envoy for now.

Thread created to discuss :

Is it possible to pull energy USAGE from the envoy using this? I have the drivers working fine to show me production, but i'd like to have the house usage nice and bold on a dashboard.

1 Like

Assuming you're logged in, then consumption is via

https://{device ip}/api/v1/consumption
ex:

{
  "wattHoursToday": 0,
  "wattHoursSevenDays": 89059,
  "wattHoursLifetime": 51313,
  "wattsNow": 1092
}

Perhaps @vpsupun could add it to the production driver?

Edit There's also /api/v1/energy:

[
  {
    "type": "Production",
    "wattHoursToday": 2758,
    "wattHoursSevenDays": 55803,
    "wattHoursLifetime": 58561,
    "wattsNow": 0
  },
  {
    "type": "Consumption",
    "wattHoursToday": 0,
    "wattHoursSevenDays": 89059,
    "wattHoursLifetime": 51367,
    "wattsNow": 683
  }
]

Sure thing.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I'll add it as a new driver ( to avoid overlapping the variable names ).

1 Like

Any chance you can use this to poll the status of what the Enphase system is pulling from?

I'm hoping that there is a way we can poll the Envoy S, to know if we are running on grid, off grid, on battery or etc or battery charge level.

Then I could set a rules engine to do something, IE, if running on Battery with Grid Down, set Ecobee Temp to 78 Degree's. If battery charge level is below 15% turn Ecobee's off.

This token based driver has been great. I was wondering if anyone with more coding knowledge than me would be able to update the app that nh.schottfam made with the new token based driver so that we could get some cool production graphs out of it.

Thanks again for your expertise.

1 Like

I've been using vpsupun's driver with the hubigraphs app to get graphs. Setting up the graphs is a bit painful and it's not nearly as pretty as the other app, but it does work.

Is there any way to adjust the driver to not show the consumption down to the decimal point i'm using hd+ and the consumption output is like 621.123468468549846984984 i would it to just stop at the decimal point like just 621 which is what you see when you log into the enphase envoy-s

Screenshot 2023-10-08 183825

Screenshot 2023-10-08 184025

which driver are you using? and what attribute?

the driver from post 60 from spratz84

attribute = current_ACT_consumption

thank you in advance for any help you can give

Hello everyone, IĀ“m trying to update my driver with the provided code, but I get an error:

Any help?

that code appears to be the application for creating a graph (so it is not a driver).